1. I love watching all these dps players bitching about how they want aoe caps removed so their small elite guild can combat the bad players in zergs but what happens if the zerg is also better than you? They just become an insurmountable force? Darkfall was designed for uncapped so it worked, CF isn't. It's an odd issue you have created for yourself ACE.
2. Alliance caps are still too big. I see lots of people advocating for 50 but obviously these are people who don't craft, harvest or farm. The devs have created a massive gear grind that requires alt accounts, chars and all sorts of crap just to survive in. I'd try 100, maybe 150 and see what works. Lower gear req, raise harvesting amounts and lower caps become more viable but with the hoops to jump through as is 50 isn't enough.
3. Class balance has been an issue for years. Some of your weaker classes need to be reworked so the difference in the top and bottom isn't as wide as Zybaks vanishing hair line. It matters more in small scale bc only a handful of specs really shine. Start a design review for all 33 specs. One for each one. Give us some engagement: outline the class and what your intent was so we can tell you where you hit the mark, where you didn't, what we like, what we don't like and plans for the future.
3b. Why does Arbiter have dps caps we can't possible meet with perfect min max gear as a mandatory talent? Why doesn't the cleric strength in number talent scale with support power like it used to but was changed with not a word.
4. There's so many disc that are garbage compared to the good ones, some of the might as well not exist. Domains were a good 1st attempt but you never came back to them. This is what the devs do with almost every system: no follow up. Give us a design review for the domains the same as classes above.
5. A leader board that has heals flagged as assist would just be peachy for your healers. A meaningful leader board for your dps players would also be nice. A bounty system maybe? IDK about that one though.
6. There's no scarcity of resources to fight over. The map is always too big. You can wander this map for a while before you come across another player. What's the point in a map so vast we can hide and farm or roam and never find another person? Whats the value in resources being every where. We don't fight for resources. We make hamster stealth farmers that run away and try to hide the whole time and try to devise clever ways to not get caught harvesting.
7. There's little sense of ownership in the assets you want us to fight over. There's no territory control. there's not a lot of depth to the castles,keeps, forts (which we don't even build up bc there's no point).
8. You made game with so many hidden aspects the NPE will always remain useless. Crafting, harvesting, building your char correct, knowing the meta are all so damn esoteric no NPE is going to help players. There's all these "Complex" systems that have no reason other than so somebody at ACE can pat themselves on the back and go look at this complicated system I made. They don't engage the community, they just punish people not in the groups that know. I don't see how you can uncustard those systems easily. You don't have the time or money to redo them. The launch already chased most of those new players away. Why would they come back? I don't mean that to be hyperbolic. Seriously, why would they come back?
9. The q/a's are brutal. Two devs disconnected from the average gamer by 30+ years with a solid 3-5 charisma score doing the q/a's is not the way to do it. Tyrant is good at what he does but that's clearly not player engagement on twitch. Blair, yea I don't wanna get banned. After 6 years of watching every single one of those I can tell you I never expect legitimate engagement. Why not invite players to the stream to ask questions? Involve the streamers we have left. Let some hard legitimate questions get answered and understand it's OK to say IDK and come back with an answer later. Tiggs you're great btw.
10. You spent years talking about how your systems prevent Uncle Bob (your monster) and almost every system in the game supports Uncle Bob. You want to tame down the larger guilds from snowballing into each campaign? Well the economy you built is what enables it. We don't craft in the campaigns unless its for a divine card. Giving us rewards that carry over is the very definition of Uncle Bob. Fixing this kills the EK econ. You can't have both. Pick one.
11. Cosmetic rewards that people would want would be an excellent reward instead of the Uncle Bob crap we get now. Mounts, titles, pennants, auras, weapon skins, armor skins, transmog systems are all better rewards but if they aren't worth fighting over then whats the point. Don't think this is viable because the art department was let go.
12. Siege schedules as they are are just exhausting. Handshake sieges. Whats the hold up?
13. If we are to keep the crafting with everything being made in EK's why do we have import caps? They don't hinder people like me, they just punish people with alts and new players. I have 10 slots but I can only gear one char with the imports.
14. Devs being moved to secret projects while this game is failing isn't gona work. This isn't 2001. You are accountable to your customers in a way I'm not sure you guys understand. Whats Rhea and Jtodd working on? You want us to believe in you but you treat us like mushrooms (kept in the dark and feed poop). How is the dev team going to get our trust?
15. You over saturated your game with Aoe. We just stand in blobs and spam aoe volleys. People want friendly fire but again you over saturated the game in aoe so we use aoe's abilities as single target dmg bc that's all we got. Friendly fire would be miserable with melee as it is. This is a problem. What would be nice though is a few discs with zerg busting potential but aren't worth a damn in small scale: choices should have consequences but right now its spam all your abilities off cd while u wait for your important ability to come back.
16. Armor is worthless. Please fix this.
The devs have been told all of this for years and there was never engagement with the community. The game has launched and all the issues that were shrugged at are now big deals. This isn't alpha anymore. People are using VIP while you guys fix the entire game. We are paying monthly subs to test at this point. How is that ethical? Why would new players want to PAY to test a launched game with as many issues as CF has?
and for the love of all that is holy give us a break between dregs. Just a few days. End campaigns on a Friday so that theres no dregs that Sat/Sun. Some time to rethink strats, level new specs, see our families and then relaunch on Mondays.