Pann

The Big Reveal: Crows and vessels - Official discussion thread

1,258 posts in this topic

While reading the FAQ question after question popped in my head. But it seems they covered all of them.  :) 

Bit disappointed there is no info on the warmth conversion (yet). Still hope our avatars need food and other mechanics to stay warm!

Edit: Still unsure when we will pick our deity. On a crow or vessel level? Does this mean guilds are useless on the outer bands? Lots of questions still.

Edited by Canth
baerin, JamesGoblin and Kiro like this

Bit disappointed there is no info on the warmth conversion (yet). Still hope our avatars need food and other mechanics to stay warm! 

Maybe that impacts the vessel decay rate?  In this case, staying warm would slow the hunger-induced decay.

Caenth, JamesGoblin and Kiro like this

Also I am curious as far as subscribing to campaigns, will there be a limit to how many campaigns a person can subscribe to at once? 

We have always intended for there to be a limit on number of campaigns an account can subscribe for a number of reasons.

more info on the crow form in the CW pls...

don't let them become free scouting tools

Yes, we will more than likely apply a post filter to the camera, and not send down information on other characters from the server to any crows. This will prevent them from being used a scouts. (We have talked about this internally multiple times already)

ren, JamesGoblin, freeze and 20 others like this

I REALLY REALLY like this...like a lot!

I was worried about having to constantly re-do character progression but once I read that even the archeype specific skills are account based I got pretty happy. 

It's a pretty genius system. You have the permanent character progression (the crow itself) and you've also got a ton of reset mechanics that will keep the gameplay fresh. I have a feeling that when people die they'll try out something new and it'll lead to all kinds of replayability.

Maybe I missed it but did they say how promotion classes work with the vessel system? Do you just pick the promotion class you want (if available) when you start up your new vessel?

JamesGoblin likes this

VIP just got way more important

Also I am curious as far as subscribing to campaigns, will there be a limit to how many campaigns a person can subscribe to at once? 

im more concerned about a possible lock on the number of players that can subscribe to a campaign

Edited by Fenris DDevil
JamesGoblin and Kiro like this

Interesting but it's another one of those systems that will be easier to explain when you show us. Currently the gist I got was I am a ghost bird searching for my body (kinda like when you die in World of Warcraft) and when I find it (or another on the ground), I can take it and play as it. If I want I can craft stuff to make my new body ascetically appealing. This is the weird part. It makes it seem like we will be able to take the arm of a centaur, the leg of a minotaur, and the head of a guinicean and make a new body (which would be absurd).

My biggest question is, can we only jump into our own body when we die, or any body. That being said, if I jumped into say a champion's body (that wasn't mine originally) and someone didn't loot him, would I obtain his inventory?