scree

Stealthed Magazine

36 posts in this topic

stealthed-header.jpg

Stealthed (https://stealthed.blog) is a Crowfall Magazine specialized in creating analytical and theorycrafted articles on a variety of topics within the game. We have already covered numerous fascinating topics in an in-depth and thorough manner. We've explored the math surrounding the systems you use on a regular basis, and providing interesting graphics and charts to make our points. 

Stealthed is a community magazine, and anyone interested in joining us is welcome to provided they are willing to meet our rigorous standards. We have need of numerous types of contributors, not just people who want to write, but also researchers.

Please come check us out; our work to date speaks for itself!

MMOs and games in general are a hotbed of discussion and fiery debate among passionate fans. Yet its important to note that the most memorable games are the ones which created the opportunity for a unique experience. We don’t hear of memorable stories of when players finally beat the main story line in some random theme park title. Instead we hear of grand tales of corporate espionage, of a heist gone horribly right in some futuristic sandbox. We hear of grandiose tales of massive battles that spanned days, not hours.

In our minds, the tales that come from a game are more important then the tales told by a game. It is in this regard that we consider Crowfall to be filled with possibilities to win the hearts and minds of the next generation. It is why we are launching this site; to tell our story.

Edited by scree
Tofyzer, Ironmike, Akineko and 6 others like this

New Article posted today!

An in-depth look at Crafting in Crowfall. Break downs of how long it takes to craft a full set of gear for a single character, and why you might not have the time to do so... Good stuff including the chart below! 

https://obsidian.wiki/crowfall-crafting-resource_baseline-numbers/

Cy8TvehWIAAr_tx.jpg

coolwaters, JamesGoblin and Eaden like this

Not to mention, simulated access to crafting stations.

Don't be a jerk. OBS is working hard for the community and you are crapping on it.

Thank you OBS for taking a leadership role and making life easier for the rest of us.

JamesGoblin likes this

Yea, the fact that all of the numbers within are basically "end-game" simulations bode poorly for the average player at launch. Going to be lots of basic gear-equipped people for the foreseeable future.

Kylo, none of them were saying anything bad about the article, merely commenting on the ridiculous nature of the results it shows.

JamesGoblin likes this

Yea, the fact that all of the numbers within are basically "end-game" simulations bode poorly for the average player at launch. Going to be lots of basic gear-equipped people for the foreseeable future.

Kylo, none of them were saying anything bad about the article, merely commenting on the ridiculous nature of the results it shows.

Makes you want to join a guild.  Especially if they sell it to you cheaper or replace it when you lose it.

pang and JamesGoblin like this

Don't be a jerk. OBS is working hard for the community and you are crapping on it.

Thank you OBS for taking a leadership role and making life easier for the rest of us.

How in the world do you get that conclusion from this:

Not to mention, simulated access to crafting stations.

He's right. Moreover, his post isn't critical of ... anything. Not "OBS." Not the Devs. Not you.

edit: also, fantastic work Scree.

Edited by coolwaters
JamesGoblin likes this

You mean fully crafted armor may hold its value in a marketplace because it has constant demand...  oh my?

JamesGoblin and pang like this

Cool site.

I tried to leave a comment on the Resource Scoring page and it wouldn't let me, then read at the bottom that I need to be logged in to leave a comment but I don't see a place to sign up so I can log in. 

Good work otherwise, looks clean. 

Edited by chodie
JamesGoblin and Frykka like this

Good article. 

Amazed at the 2 hour period needed to gather resources for a set of leather armor. I realize that includes optional things but still that's pretty excessive in a game with full item loot. 

Starting from scratch it might seem long and if doing it completely solo. Realistically should be able to cut the time down by trading with other players for resources and gear, banking excess resources for the next time you need to craft some gear and of course relying on guild mates to share gear and resources.

JamesGoblin and chodie like this

Sort of related to one of the comments below;

Cool site.

I tried to leave a comment on the Resource Scoring page and it wouldn't let me, then read at the bottom that I need to be logged in to leave a comment but I don't see a place to sign up so I can log in. 

Good work otherwise, looks clean. 

We have redone the site entirely to take advantage of a magazine-styled layout. As a result of this effort we have finished with the rebranding. The new official home of Stealthed can be found at https://stealthed.blog. Obsidian is no longer directly affiliated with it, though I realize as chief editor thats going to be difficult to separate the two. 

Additionally the official @Obsidian_Guild twitter account has been rebranded to match the magazine efforts and you can now follow the magazine at @stealthedBlog on twitter should you wish to stay up to date on new stories. Social Media efforts for guilds feels like a waste of time :P 

Finally, if you are interested in writing about Crowfall related topics, we'd welcome anyone interested regardless of how many articles they may or may not contribute in the future. No pressure ;)

chodie and JamesGoblin like this

New Post Today follows up on our previous work. This time we explore how long it takes to equip yourself in the current build with a full set of maxed out leather armor and weapons. The surprise is not simply that the work increased, but by how much. Hint: Its longer then 5 hours.

Equipping the New Player in Crowfall

Hint: 7+ Hours.

Edited by scree
coolwaters, zolaz and JamesGoblin like this

As we try to stick to our Monday/Friday article release schedule (To cover up the times Crowfall is short on news...), we sometimes will repost articles from our contributors past that we find relevant to the discussions today. Today is one such example in my piece entitled: 

Reversing the Slow and Painful Decay of the MMO Genre

This pieces key focus was describing why the MMO genre has fallen to pieces in recent history, and what Crowfall seems to be doing to take a step back. Included within a fascinating quote from Thomas Blair about his time with Star Wars Galaxies, and why that time has influenced his decisions ranging to the ever-popular topic of discussion... skills!

I hope you enjoy it ;)

Edited by scree
JamesGoblin likes this

Thanks Capn ;)

Yea, eventually it'll laser-focus in on Stealth related topics more, but we always planned on supporting the wider theorycraft-fanatic'd fan-base. The trick has been keeping up with a two-per week schedule. Considering everything else going on... yikes.

JamesGoblin likes this

Over A Quattuorvigintillion Problems and the Skill Tree Ain't One Of Em'

How many variations of a Leather Helm are there right now? Yea... I put to rest, hopefully, forever the idea that the skill tree is where customization comes from in Crowfall. If you believed this to be true, were worried or concerned about how you'd differentiate yourself from other players... read this and fear not my child.

10^75th power. I'm still laughing a day after writing it.

Editors Note: I really hope my math isn't wrong. :P

JamesGoblin and Tinnis like this