scree

Stealthed Magazine

36 posts in this topic

Its mostly a collection of artwork I've downloaded over the years for wallpapers. Not Crowfall-related at all. I'll have to start looking up authors of the work and attributing them, its something I've ignored in the past. Thanks for reminding me of that intent ;)

JamesGoblin and capntastic like this

New Post! Synergy and the Crowfall Archetype System.

A look at the implications the recent Templar reveal has for those planning out what to do with themselves. Interesting and potentially unfair if I might add.

JamesGoblin and blazzen like this

Great article.

Its very interesting to see that most of the things that help taking down a Myrm are so rare. It may be a indicator why its so powerful in the current meta. 

JamesGoblin likes this

Crowfall-Crowd-Control.jpg

Yea that's probably a little too big. Its included in a new Stealthed article;

Crowfall: An Analysis Of Combat and Crowd Control

Enjoy!

Does this gfx accurately note Myrm has access to a powerful stun? I don't think it does.

Same for knockdown.

Same for charge, kinda'.

Edited by coolwaters
JamesGoblin likes this

So yea, you are absolutely right. I based my chart ENTIRELY on tooltips, not how the powers act in-game. Their are a ton of differences as I've been told in several locations. I know that. The amount of time and research involved in replicating every power to see if a CC happens (or vice versa what if a tooltip says it does something but its bugged?) was not worth it to achieve this chart.

Lots of things going to be changing in the near future so I'll be sure to update this each and everytime we get a new archetype (at which point I'll also review tooltips).

I have a feeling we won't see a lot of updates in that regard till the promotion-revisions later on in development.

JamesGoblin likes this

A few updates:

2017 Stealthed Guild Summit!

Tomorrow/Saturday 1/15/2017 @ 4pm the Stealthed team is hosting a Guild Summit with a small subsection of Crowfall guilds on the (Un) Official Crowfall Discord Server. This summit will ask a variety of questions of the various assembled guild leaders, including how they are approaching guilds in this sandbox title. The channel the discussion is taking place in will be locked down so you cannot interrupt it, however, ancillary channels will allow discussion while the event is underway. We will ask for questions for our assembled panel from the community at the conclusion of the event specific questions.

Staff Openings!

We have immediate openings for new staff members. If you'd like to join our team, we have openings for research & theorycrafting aids, as well as new content writers and even openings for video-content creators who'd like to share their content on our portal. Additionally we'd like to add someone who can be selective in copying over official Crowfall news to the portal from all of the various sources they post them to. If interested feel free to PM me for details or hit us up on our Stealthed Discord server.

JamesGoblin likes this

Thanks, I think we gathered something like 8000 words of conversation and a ton of great topics to cover in the blog for the near future. A big success in our eyes. We should have the first few parts of the event released today sometime.

JamesGoblin likes this

Over A Quattuorvigintillion Problems and the Skill Tree Ain't One Of Em'

How many variations of a Leather Helm are there right now? Yea... I put to rest, hopefully, forever the idea that the skill tree is where customization comes from in Crowfall. If you believed this to be true, were worried or concerned about how you'd differentiate yourself from other players... read this and fear not my child.

10^75th power. I'm still laughing a day after writing it.

Editors Note: I really hope my math isn't wrong. :P

Great article - Thank you

scree likes this

@Lil_mayhem: Thank ya sir ;)

New Posts Up!!! These are merely transcripts from the recent Guild Summit we put together on the Crowfall Discord. Tons of great guild-leader insights into Crowfall and hopefully things the developers take to heart when creating the system. We'll have some more specific thoughts on the events in the coming week, but we promised to push this out as soon as we had a chance.

The 2017 Crowfall Guild Summit

New Article: "On Removing Healing From Crowfall" posted today. This article takes a realistic look at the uphill battle facing the developers in trying to balance healing coupled with the sheer amount of avatar-customization offered to players.

The conclusion, remove healing from the game, and change support to be the ultimate Crowd Control experts (while simultaneously limiting access to CC in other Archetypes).

https://stealthed.blog/on-removing-healing-from-crowfall/

It's been awhile since I've updated this thread. We've been hard at work on lots of new content (as long as ACE gives us material to write about!). Our most recent entry was the contentious guide to Creating a Crowfall Guild Doctrine piece, and it had some interesting debate surrounding it. We love the discussion surrounding our pieces as much as we enjoy writing them; even if you don't end up agreeing with it. We try to cement each of our articles in fact and figures, but most of what we do is theory; After all the game isn't finished yet!

We've got a lot of great content in our magazine now, and for new players, this is certainly a place to get caught up on some of the advanced topics within Crowfall.

Hope you'll check us out!

Recent Articles

Social Interaction, Tradeskills and Expectations in Crowfall

The Definitive Guide to Creating a Crowfall Guild Doctrine

Edited by scree