Ricco96

Arrows inventory

12 posts in this topic

I haven't played in a while as I wanted to see the progress made in Crowfall over the period.

However, I've seen recent videos where when the arrows were finished you had to reequip the arrows.

Meaning, opening the inventory, character and then move the arrows. Correct me if I'm wrong with that.

If that is the case, this would give the ranger a disadvantage especially when the ranger is engaged in battle- especially against a melee xD.

Wouldn't anyone agree that there should be a quick equip of arrows? Or, at least make it so when the first set of arrows has finished the next set of arrows will be replenished without doing the above? The player should obviously decide before hand which arrows to use.

Let me know. From what I observed the ranger class has a disadvantage against Melee classes, it simply gets rekt when they get close to the ranger. I suppose there can be changes in runes or armor to improve it-so can the melee though.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think of the arrows idea.

JamesGoblin likes this

I haven't played in a while as I wanted to see the progress made in Crowfall over the period.

However, I've seen recent videos where when the arrows were finished you had to reequip the arrows.

Meaning, opening the inventory, character and then move the arrows. Correct me if I'm wrong with that.

If that is the case, this would give the ranger a disadvantage especially when the ranger is engaged in battle- especially against a melee xD.

Wouldn't anyone agree that there should be a quick equip of arrows? Or, at least make it so when the first set of arrows has finished the next set of arrows will be replenished without doing the above? The player should obviously decide before hand which arrows to use.

Let me know. From what I observed the ranger class has a disadvantage against Melee classes, it simply gets rekt when they get close to the ranger. I suppose there can be changes in runes or armor to improve it-so can the melee though.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think of the arrows idea.

I've suggested doing away with crafting arrows as ammo and instead crafting a quiver that would have durability like any other item but the arrows would be unlimited until the quiver broke. The quality and type of quiver would determine the arrows you're using. 

No other classes have reagents so why should rangers? 

No other classes have reagents so why should rangers? 

This is arguably an advantage for Rangers. Only rangers can switch ammunition types for different effects. That gives them versatility. They can also stack a high quality bow with high quality arrows to potentially get bigger gains from gear than other ranged classes.

I'd like to see ammo added for the Duelist's pistol and Champ's hurlbat as well.

I do think some UI improvements are needed.

Edited by Jah

This is arguably an advantage for Rangers. Only rangers can switch ammunition types for different effects. That gives them versatility. They can also stack a high quality bow with high quality arrows to potentially get bigger gains from gear than other ranged classes.

I'd like to see ammo added for the Duelist's pistol and Champ's hurlbat as well.

I do think some UI improvements are needed.

Can switch quivers for the same effect. Maybe I didn't explain it well enough. There'd be a crushing arrow quiver, piercing arrow quiver, etc. Quivers would vary in quality based on materials used to craft them, same as arrows.

It's all basically the same except you wouldn't have an actual ammo amount but instead just durability on the quiver item itself. As long as you have quiver equipped then you have ammo. Call it a "magical" quiver or a "ghostly" quiver kinda like the runestones for the harvesting tools. 

Reagents just add tedium IMO. I'd rather not see that become a thing. 

Vontariel and JamesGoblin like this

Can switch quivers for the same effect. Maybe I didn't explain it well enough. There'd be a crushing arrow quiver, piercing arrow quiver, etc. Quivers would vary in quality based on materials used to craft them, same as arrows.

It's all basically the same except you wouldn't have an actual ammo amount but instead just durability on the quiver item itself. As long as you have quiver equipped then you have ammo. Call it a "magical" quiver or a "ghostly" quiver kinda like the runestones for the harvesting tools. 

Reagents just add tedium IMO. I'd rather not see that become a thing. 

Yea, I don't have a strong opinion on magical quivers versus individual arrows. I could see it working either way.

Just voicing the angle that being the "only class with reagents" could be seen as a positive thing if it offers enough advantages to offset the disadvantages.

Bramble and JamesGoblin like this

Hundreds of fun games make you to reload ammo.  We can live with it.  

Crowfall needs, however, ammo hotkeys and reload timers just like every other game.  And a new stacking mechanism.  (Selecting using the mouse from 3 phys arrow types, an infinite number of dam ranges, and probably ele & organic projectiles?)

Unlimited quivers is a better plan.  I just played Helldivers with 3 new players.  All three chose laser weapons (no ammo) despite a dozen options, simply because calling down ammo, watching ammo counts, and dying to zero ammo is not fun.  We want people to dive in to Ranger because it's fun, not have struggle to prove it's worth the "realism".   Save the ammo stacks and manual reloads for siege weapons.

Edited by Dominate
dinorage likes this

I like the Ammo management of the Ranger, i mean i can play FPS where reload is basically instinct, i do it like breathing.

I dont know the quiver limit but isnt it like hundreds? Reloading after every fight isnt a major problem.

Having said that i even think we should up the skill cap a little, like making quiver with special properties, like a quiver with multiple slots where you can swap arrow types on the fly (with some drawback of course), or maybe making it so that if you run out of arrows you autoequip from the inventory (the same kind of arrows of course) with some animation time (1-2 secs). Or maybe a queing but that would make it too easy i guess...

I love Arrows and I have no problem making them. I will be very disappointed if they get rid of this system.

They just need to bring back higher stacks again and I feel this will go away.

For melee they used to be crazy good in melee till myrmidon and the nerf because of how good it was and the bleed effect.

I feel they are just stuck in the old Root motions system which makes things even harder for them on top of the lag which makes landing attack hard. 

Nohmad likes this

A simple quality of life would remove the hassle and have it value adding to game-play. I am sure something like this is coming, eventually. 

Arrows and their existance...

I dont mind the reloading.

I do find the continous crafting - tedious (and expensive) but I also know that this will change so I'll survive..

What I dislike is ...

Carrying around stacks of arrows under 25. Anytime I reach 25 I actually discard the stack, cause I know in a fight I will run out and have to mid fight switch arrows. Switching arrows isn't just reloading like in another game where u press a key. Here you open inventory and opening inventory means : You loose all orientation of the fight..

I would propose that :

- That arrows of different quality stack. Not of different type, but different quality. So this would mean that all those small stacks would still be used eventually.

Or

- Have a quiver with 2 slots, of which you have a hotkey which you can switch between quivers/arrows. This would also make using arrows with the utility they have build in possible. You could open with Piercing, and mid fight use Slashing. You'd have to choose 2 of the 3 available, thus still not making it a grap all tool but with some restriction. When Quiver 1 is empty the game automatically takes arrows from quiver 2.

dinorage likes this