• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

#121 VIKINGNAIL

VIKINGNAIL

Hooded Crow

• ACE Development Partners
  • 4,478 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:29 PM

It'd actually make for a better gameplay experience if a game could somehow keep all the drama happening within the game, that's impossible to enforce though.

#122 goose

goose

Piapiac

• Testers
  • 225 posts
  • LocationOne square foot centered at 44.39765551771186,-69.3360835471549

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

I mean, the only player I see SHOUTING here is you. Everyone else seems to be pretty calmly going back and forth as to what the word safe means, for reasons that seem pretty silly to me.

Call it what you like. Some folks are asking, calmly, for a place with more freedom to engage in political disputes. It's early for that, so who cares. But shouting down the request as "crying" looks awfully funny when you're the one screaming.

Sometimes I'm too lazy to use bold or italics and just hit the caps lock button to denote emphasis. If that's all it takes to cause you to completely disregard the content of my messages, then I will never win, because you aren't arguing on the merit of my statements in the first place.

That's why I don't argue with you anymore. You've made it perfectly clear that you don't especially like me, and as a result you will disagree with me at every opportunity.

#123 Lil_Mayhem

Lil_Mayhem

Nestling

• Testers
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCosta Rica

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:42 PM

..it's cute that you think the phrase has no set meaning, but that's wrong, and so are you.

"Safe spaces" are a concept that originated back in the 80s, and they have a very clear and well-defined form and function today.

I'm not going to debate this point with you, though, because if you cared enough for there to exist an argument that could change your mind, you would have googled it instead of posting that nonsense.

Edit: I am also not going to argue the point with you because there are like three logical fallacies in the rest of your post and ..I...I just can't even. Not a wall I have the energy to beat my head against.

I found this interesting so followed your advice and googled it - Decided on the Wiki link:  

Best part of the article IMO Reads:

"The safe space, Ms. Byron explained, was intended to give people who might find comments 'troubling' or 'triggering,' a place to recuperate. The room was equipped with cookies, coloring books, bubbles, Play-Doh, calming music, pillows, blankets and a video of frolicking puppies, as well as students and staff members trained to deal with trauma."[17] Critics accused the college of treating the students like babies.

:)

#124 Lil_Mayhem

Lil_Mayhem

Nestling

• Testers
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCosta Rica

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:16 PM

After reading this entire thread this is the one I had to go back and find -

I'm not a troll or much of a forumbaner, but speaking from extensive experience as a Guild Leader that deals with inter-guilds relations on a daily basis, in games like this the political forums are absolutely critical to what goes on in game.  ACE can choose to support political forums here, or someone else can host unofficial ones, but propaganda and politics is easily 50% of the game.

+1

#125 Vectious

Vectious

Rook

• Testers
  • 711 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:05 PM

I love that goose didn't get references after he said it was clearly defined, then told people they should look it up if they dont take his word for it.

Then they do and repeatedly link their reference that says he is wrong by doing what he suggested.....a simple google.

Extremely logical nonsense ya did there.

I wouldn't be surprised if goose found some referencing supporting his definition.

How could both be right? 

...because like i said, it means different things to different people. Sorry to break your 'irony' bubble.

#126 krevra

krevra

Rook

• Testers
  • 667 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

How is this pointless topic still going?

#127 coolwaters

coolwaters

Jackdaw

• 2,422 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:16 AM

I think at this point people are just pulling one another's pigtails.

I bet they'll have a political forum when real CWs are up. Until then I can see it being too much work to justify in a testing environment.

#128 blazzen

blazzen

Rook

• 708 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:12 AM

I bet they'll have a political forum when real CWs are up. Until then I can see it being too much work to justify in a testing environment.

I'm under the impression ACE wants no part in that sort of forum moderating whether it's testing or live. 

#129 coolwaters

coolwaters

Jackdaw

• 2,422 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:18 AM

Maybe. That would surprise me a little, but I've been surprised before.

#130 VIKINGNAIL

VIKINGNAIL

Hooded Crow

• 4,478 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:54 AM

I'm under the impression ACE wants no part in that sort of forum moderating whether it's testing or live. 

It would simply be an inefficient use of their resources when fans can create their own hangouts for politics, if they find it so important.

#131 KrakkenSmacken

KrakkenSmacken

Rook

• Testers
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:12 PM

It would simply be an inefficient use of their resources when fans can create their own hangouts for politics, if they find it so important.

Could just start a free for all channel for each campaign world when the time comes.

HUGE trigger warnings that it's not being moderated.

#132 protonix

protonix

Rook

• Testers
  • 593 posts
  • LocationCNY

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:38 PM

Yeah, it'd be way inefficient to spend 5 minutes opening a sub forum, on a forum page that's already being moderated.

#133 VIKINGNAIL

VIKINGNAIL

Hooded Crow

• 4,478 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:44 PM

Yeah, it'd be way inefficient to spend 5 minutes opening a sub forum, on a forum page that's already being moderated.

Correct, it would add more for them to moderate in an environment that encourages behavior that often needs moderating.

Fortunately it is easy to make hangouts for communities in this day and age, so if enough of the community sees a need for an out of game political hub, they can simply create one and moderate it themselves.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL, 06 January 2017 - 12:45 PM.

#134 Pann

Pann

Director of Community

• ArtCraft Developer
  • 1,795 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:38 PM

To reiterate what we've said countless times before: We have no plans to change the forum rules or what content is allowed on the forums. What you see now is what we'll continue to have in the future. Campaign worlds aren't going to change anything on the forums. The caveat -- again, as we've said before -- is that we do expect to add some sort of private guild forums that the users themselves will be able to moderate (or not) at their discretion. This isn't something that's on the immediate horizon because we feel that it's more important to use our resources on building the game itself and any supporting tech (such as web/forum) that directly affects the game itself. 

We hear what you're saying, how you want to be able to poke each other with sharp words and build up rivalries, and we understand why it can be viewed as important. The fact remains, however, that it's not allowed and we are going to continue to enforce the rules we have. 

And, with that, I'm closing this thread. It's cruel to beat dead horses. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users