ZestyBalls

Profanity!

37 posts in this topic

Let me get this straight, the developers just released a video of them cussing a lot and slapping each other, but if i want to write the word poorly made socks in a forum post it gets censored to : poorly made socks

Oh the hypocrisy is pretty funny!

What is up Zesty. I agree.

poorly made socks

custard

unpleasant person

gripe

Bastard

JamesGoblin and IHeartFargo like this

So many try hards and their QQ, its almost as good as pvp tears. Get used to it m8 you want to talk trash host some dirty forum that will die off, people only want these things on official forums cause they know it has population and they can get noticed when they talk smack, nothing productive at all.

Edited by krevra

A forum that moderates the smack talk to the degree where its all sunshine and rainbows LOL. I thought there were some shadowbane developers doing this, I didn't realize it was all fluffy bunnies running the show. Also the next video you guys put out, it better not have any bad words in it, it will hurt the sensitive nature of things. And when you ding me for this, and you will, know that it only goes to prove the point even more.

A forum that moderates the smack talk to the degree where its all sunshine and rainbows LOL. I thought there were some shadowbane developers doing this, I didn't realize it was all fluffy bunnies running the show. Also the next video you guys put out, it better not have any bad words in it, it will hurt the sensitive nature of things. And when you ding me for this, and you will, know that it only goes to prove the point even more.

I've seen this post pop up a few times in various incarnations over my time here.  Historically, those who choose to make this comment tend to disappear from the forums after a while, or they stop beating a horse long since dead and move on to more productive things like testing and feedback.     

I've seen this post pop up a few times in various incarnations over my time here.  Historically, those who choose to make this comment tend to disappear from the forums after a while, or they stop beating a horse long since dead and move on to more productive things like testing and feedback.     

Already have done tons of testing and reporting. Need some more content to test now and not the same little taste we been given. I don't leave forums, I beat them like a dead horse or until things change. Having a carebear haven is ridiculous, is this place filled with prepubescents that their mommy will be upset if they see a bad word, or is it filled with snowflakes that will have to go running to a safe place ??? Forum banter is just another part of the game and if it is modded down and strangled, you are taking a chunk out of the game play, that is stuff that makes people choose to disappear. No one is asking for a no holds barred forum, just some latitude for some ass-hattery.

wor likes this

There is a difference between developers cursing at each other over bloopers in a lighthearted manner where they know they won't offend each other, and letting people be toxic on the forums where that toxicity may be directed at people that don't want to be treated that way.

mal, Akineko, goose and 3 others like this

Just to clarify, I agree that profanity filters are stupid.

Let me highlight the phrase from the Code of Conduct that always confuses me when I see a profanity filter.

Profanity is not allowed

The use of profanity on the forums is not allowed. Please be respectful of your fellow players, and do not use this sort of language. This includes intentionally working around the word filter or partially masking profanity by substituting characters or words. The intent will still be clear and it will be treated as prohibited profanity.

So..if using a different word instead of cursing is still considered profanity because the intent is still clear, then a profanity filter doesn't do anything except make the word "custard" a prohibited word.

But..even if you think the rule is stupid, that doesn't mean you are immune to the consequences of violating it.

Edited by goose
Bnol likes this