72 replies to this topic

#61 chancellor

chancellor

Raven

• Testers
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationDevil's Courthouse

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:00 PM

Will skills that raise max (magic) resource give Templars more max pips?

Or will Templar be like Duelist, receiving no benefit from these skills?

#62 orious13

orious13

Magpie

• 88 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

Let's start by saying, I love the templar... I have probably been waiting for this archetype the most.

So this archetype has...

Stun (single target?)

Knockdown (multi-target)

Block 

Counter-attack

Bonus damage to low health enemies

AoE Holy Damage

AoE Heal

AoE Buff Removal

AoE Self + Allies Heal

AoE "buff" That Afflicts attackers with Sin when they attack players

A Passive hit-point buff when conditions are met

A Passive heal when conditions are met

A Passive holy damage attack buff when conditions are met

Oh yeah.. uses Pips like the duelist

This archetype is a jack-of-all trades support+damage+heal+tank.

...utter insanity...

I like it, but it's too much on one archetype. Needs some focus and some of the concepts spread across other archetypes. 

#63 BarriaKarl

BarriaKarl

Piapiac

• 151 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - RJ

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:30 PM

^ All that but nothing "evasive". I dont think the kit sucks but the fact that i dont see anything about evasive tanking (is that an actual thing?) left me kinda dissapointed, could be awesome...

#64 Navystylz

Navystylz

Hatchling

• Testers
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:49 PM

relax. will be fixed for sure.
and I do not care =) my main will be druid probably =)

Same. Unless assassin is too good to pass up. In shadowbane my most played were rogue base types. unarmed RA, scout, nightstalker.... though I tore it up on mage assassin, fury and archmage elf wizard at times.

#65 Aguise

Aguise

Piapiac

• 109 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:10 PM

Her right-click ability, righteous stand+parry, stands out to me. It seems like a great ability that requires player skill to use effectively and one which will lead to a lot of mind games and counterplay.

How does righteous stand function? Can you hold right click and it's active as long as you are holding the button down, or do you press it once and it activates for a short fixed duration, or something else?

#66 Navystylz

Navystylz

Hatchling

• Testers
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 06:51 PM

Will skills that raise max (magic) resource give Templars more max pips?

Or will Templar be like Duelist, receiving no benefit from these skills?

Pretty sure those things would affect max righteousness rather than pips. Or maybe make so ability not use a pip.

Edited by Navystylz, 01 January 2017 - 06:53 PM.

#67 tierless

tierless

Raven

• Testers
  • 1,190 posts
  • LocationIn Stealth

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:37 PM

Reminds me of my beloved Warrior Priest (pours libations)

#68 Arkade

Arkade

Raven

• Testers
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:00 PM

Her right-click ability, righteous stand+parry, stands out to me. It seems like a great ability that requires player skill to use effectively and one which will lead to a lot of mind games and counterplay.

How does righteous stand function? Can you hold right click and it's active as long as you are holding the button down, or do you press it once and it activates for a short fixed duration, or something else?

It sounds to me like it works the same as Block, except it uses Righteousness instead of Stamina, which means it likely won't last as long. However, I don't think the Templar will want it to last as long since they can combo it into the Parry for the knockdown. It won't be as useful against ranged targets.

#69 Handies

Handies

Raven

• Testers
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:09 PM

Promotion wait hype.

#70 Avloren

Avloren

Magpie

• ACE Development Partners
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:42 PM

...utter insanity...

I like it, but it's too much on one archetype. Needs some focus and some of the concepts spread across other archetypes. 

I understand your point, but personally I disagree - I'm glad we're getting a jack-of-all-trades, in fact I wish there were more archetypes like this. It's not a PvE raiding game, we don't need to be specialized into classic tank/dps/healer roles.

Archetypes can be varied and self sufficient without being overpowered, it's all in the numbers (which we don't know yet). Templar may well be overpowered at first, but that can be balanced by number tweaks without taking away that jack-of-all-trades variety.

Edited by Avloren, 02 January 2017 - 09:43 PM.

#71 Rikutatis

Rikutatis

Treepie

• Testers
  • 480 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:46 AM

...utter insanity...

I agree, that's how it looks on paper, but still waiting to see how the AT actually plays out in practice and the number values it has. Could be that the heals are very minor and her damage is really low. That'd balance things out. If her damage is too high and the heals are very powerful, it'll be another unbalanced broken AT like the myrm. Because then she can do everything. They got it right with the duelist IMO, but really missed the mark with the myrmidon. I think what some of these ATs really need, both the underpowered as well as the overpowered ones, is focus. Pick a couple things they're supposed to do really well, then make them average or bad at the others. Give them a theme, or a role in group fights. Something unique only that AT can accomplish. 

#72 bahamutkaiser

bahamutkaiser

Jackdaw

• Testers
  • 2,785 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:53 PM

Nice to finally see a proximity defender, 2 bad the slow two handed weapon troupe is still alive.

So as others have said, the Knight but plain better at everything. Perhaps the knight still has more stuns but he is loooong in need of a rework along with the other initial Archetypes.

Regardless the Templar looks interesting and I can't wait to try it.

Rework him now? Or after the next 3 champs so it can incorporate more features?

The only champ that needs a rework is Centaur, since it was just a place holder for Templar.

Edited by bahamutkaiser, 06 January 2017 - 03:56 PM.

#73 Lastgirl~

Lastgirl~

Raven

• Testers
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:06 AM

The Templar is more than a knight in shining armor

FULL STORY

thx 4 this op

s000per pretty fx

1QVFRV4.png

Edited by Lastgirl~, 12 January 2017 - 04:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users