Pann

FEEDBACK for Sat, January 7 - Mon, January 9

58 posts in this topic

When the session has ended, please use this forum to share your feedback about the playtest. If you encountered a bug, technical problem or other anomaly, please post about it in the testing bug forum. Anyone with access to this phase of testing may participate in any playtest session, on any server.

Hi,

Tested today Druid Bramblecoat passive skill, looks like overpowered reflect too much damage from one person, and when applyed on the party - from any party member. 

it procs from all attacks, lmb, aoe skills.

trained on 40pt shield reflects an about 400 damage back from any target, and an about 1000 when will be trained fully. 

has 100% chance to proc.

skill: https://s30.postimg.org/thyyrb9ep/Bramblecoat.jpg

video: https://youtu.be/6hHAVc2xk9k

makkon and coolwaters like this

Hi,

Tested today Druid Bramblecoat passive skill, looks like overpowered reflect too much damage from one person, and when applyed on the party - from any party member. 

it procs from all attacks, lmb, aoe skills.

trained on 40pt shield reflects an about 400 damage back from any target, and an about 1000 when will be trained fully. 

has 100% chance to proc.

skill: https://s30.postimg.org/thyyrb9ep/Bramblecoat.jpg

video: https://youtu.be/6hHAVc2xk9k

I have it on 40 and Sed also. 400 dmg returning on pretty much everything (lmb, rmb, hit skill, aoe skill)

working on whole group. new OP

This is anecdotal, but, if it not the case, destroying items and moving items to the spirit bank should be disabled during combat. No fun looting a corpse just filled with apples. 

What happens to 'in transit' spirit bank items when you are killed? Do they get pushed back to their origin?

Please, put a limit on the amount of items others players can loot from your corpse!

I came back into this test after the wipe and after about an hour of harvesting (mostly running around looking for copper) I was ganked by a couple of duelists...now mind you, I am obviously UNARMED, UNARMORED and UNAWARE of the attackers. I had spent the better part of the hour I was online finding the 5 copper nodes  but was killed before I could mine more than 3 as the 5 nodes were not in one spot.

So the first 2 nodes I mined were used for crafting harvesting potions...after crafting all the potions, I went to find more copper. Nothing super close so I grabbed a couple nodes of limestone, then went looking for more copper.

I found 3 copper nodes not too far from where I crafted and consumed my harvesting potions. I proceeded to pick away...1 node down then BAM! I am knocked back...still unable to see my attacker. Then before I could even attempt to run, I am hit again, and again until I am dead.

Two duelists ganged up on me then proceeded to loot my dead corpse completely until there was nothing left. So, for that hour of gameply I have nothing but a bad taste in my mouth because the devs @ Crowfall think it is wise to allow player looting without a cap this early in testing.

Way, way uncool and I guarantee this...I am keeping track of the turds I encounter and will show NO quarter and NO mercy when Crowfall goes live.

Cheers and perhaps I will decide to come back to testing in the future but for now...I will just play some other games instead.

BionicFox likes this

When I logged in I had created a character, and looked at the skill tree. Then after loading into the server US East virginia PVE, my screen was still filled with the lobby skill tree screen with the normal character HUD overlaying it. Could still escape and use menu, could view the in game skill tree for training etc, but the lobby skill tree was still stuck on the screen. Tried reloading the game. Same problem.

Am I the only one that finds the Skill Tree level up sound effect jarringly loud? Is there any way to tone it down?

Go to Settings -> Audio and turn down UI Sounds. I turn mine down to zero.

But yea, that sound is too loud.

Edited by Jah
Prologue, MLCoolJ, Anthrage and 1 other like this

Ok here is my feedback after second weekend - first in general:

1. Put an easy to find report button ingame and in patcher which includes possibility to add files. I am still searching where this game actually installed itself, besides having no clue where to send the crash report to which the game automatically created.

2.  As a newbie, i find the request to test crafting sort of ridiculous, since not only am i not provided with any but newbie recipes, also i spend most of my time farming and securing the necessary ressources. If i am not hunted down by some troll. At least this way i learned that everyone in this game will kill you for an apple :)

3. Game seems MUCH more instable this week than last - i crashed once last weekend, this weekend in the last 24 hours like 7 or 8 times.

In particular (all of them known i assume):

4. had a nice bug where i sorted through my Spirit bank, switching items back and forth, and then crashed. Coming back in, all my items had doubled (once in bank and once in inventory) - sadly i couldnt access those items in Inventory and upon relog they were gone.

5. Pickup vanish from crafting. Reported plenty times before

6. Ressources not seeable ingame even though you run into them - and you cannot harvest them

7. My Knight is not showing up (graphically) in character selection screen. I assume this is also a known bug.

Obi

I have it on 40 and Sed also. 400 dmg returning on pretty much everything (lmb, rmb, hit skill, aoe skill)

working on whole group. new OP

Yep. Needs lowered, however the training needs to apply to group-mates as well. The increased thorns damage only has an effect on the Druid casting currently.

So both nerf and buff plz.

On an additional notice - it might make sense to split PvP and crafting testing - i was just killed by a mouse who took a whooping 2 basic crafting kits from me - no crafter worth  his salt carries his materials on a PvP world if he doesn't have to. Especially since you plan to do some really extensive crafting in this game. Worse testing conditions than SWG.

Prologue likes this

Spirit bank FTW! Altho a tad anooying waiting for mats to swap over, I was able to farm a few mats and get my character geared and equipped with weapons.

Has the game crashed for anyone else after you choose either "Exit to Desktop" or "Exit to Lobby"  ??? Basically the client hangs and I get a white (blank) screen and have to windows button out and use the task manager to close the Crowfall client.

For all the new testers complaining about getting ganked and losing their stuff, please read this thread first:

https://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/14730-new-player-guide/

A very nice guide by a community member. I realize the game has no tutorial in these early stages, by if you do a bit of research you can find out there's a safe zone server (Sanctuary) where PVP is disabled and you have a bank that can be accessed anywhere and transfers stuff between servers. 

As for feedback: this build has had far more lag spikes and performance issues than the previous one for me (on Sorrow server). Could it be the new enlarged map size? I know it had to be rolled back last time because it had issues. Pretty much all guildies I talked to have experienced the same lag spikes. 

General Impressions

Figured out why the gankers are out in force - the castle and other chests are out of balance, more on that later.  The game is still good, but due to the greater number of gankers (and actual player harvesters, nice to see y'all, even if I despise you as lazy bums) I only got to keep half of my resources instead of last test's overflowing.  Honestly, ACE, find something for the murderous folks to slaughter.

Crash Bug

I think it's great that we now have crash logs, where should I send them?

Graphics Bugs

Power icons vanished when ambushed in the graveyard, returned upon death.

When scrolling over a buried Guinecian, power icons formed a shifty column.

Class Bugs - Duelist

Duelist may dig through solid stone, should not be able to burrow indoors.

Duelist has no time limit on how long they can stay underground.

Duelist can travel at FULL SPRINT while burrowed.

Duelist has x-ray vision, can see while burrowed.

Disclaimer: I know burrowing is a class feature for the duelist, but it shouldn't enable them to wear a big red S on their tabbards.

There is a reason why gankers are taking Duelist now instead of Myrms - people have learned how to defeat Myrms.

Skill Bugs - Necromancy

No recipe for shovel, means those tempting nodes are just NOT harvestable.  I understand the animation isn't available for all classes yet, but still, much irritating.

No necro parts harvested from the Risen/Hungered.

Old Bugs

Resources harvested can still fall into nearby nodes.

Bookshelves in houses need at least a box collider working on them.

Old Bug Fixed - Thank You!

Thank you for fixing the issue with taking harvesting potions while having skills in harvesting that resource.  I didn't notice a large increase from the potions, but at least I was getting SOME resources, which is a huge improvement.

Returned Bugs

The lag spikes caused a return of "submarine combat".  I was never sure, when activating my abilities, where my opponent was, and was only warned of there abilities when two to five seconds after it was done I would have massive damage numbers over my head.  This is not a matter of my skill, which has provably risen.  But really, this is annoying - it's not even a game at this point, it's the software bugs killing me.  (Not that, even with my increased skill, players wouldn't beat me without the bugs - I just want enough not-there-disadvantage that I can put up a respectable fight.)

Resource Balance

Got enough resources that I was able to monitor them.

You get a white/grey resource for roughly every 20 "base" quality resources, likewise one green per 20 whites.  Never got a blue or purple, but the below presumes roughly 5% of the levels before.

Value of basic resource:1

Value of white resource: 20

Value of green resource: 400

Value of blue resource: 8000

Value of purple resource: 160k

So, assuming that 10 minutes allows the harvesting of an equal number of nodes, and that each node gives 6 base resources, you can expect 57 base resources and 3 whites, with one green resource per hour.  Or, 117 base resource in value, roughly 12 per minute.  

Each chest may have up to 6 blue resources, or 48k base resources in value - or 4000 minutes (66 hours) of harvesting base resources under the effects of potions.  Even a "sad" chest with three greens grants in half a minute 60 resources, or five minutes worth of harvesting (ten times faster).

Now, maybe that's what chests are SUPPOSED to be.  And I won't say that in a game of 1500 people that will throw the balance off.  But when every ten minutes the castle generates more resource value than five harvesters working a 16 hour weekend?  Or, in other words, holding the castle (6 chests, 30 players at 16 hours) for more than twenty minutes generates more value than if EVERYONE ELSE in the test were doing baseline harvesting with free potions?  I can't believe that chests were meant to be THAT unbalancing/valuable.

But currently, the chests make player gatherers obsolete, and I recommend turning them down significantly.

Please Implement - Team Goals

I still believe that most of the gankers are just bored.Please put something in the game worth fighting rather than other players.  Like NPC guardians over the chests, or large critters with better resources (which can be removed from the chests).  I'm not saying dragons, but there must be some critters that were designed to challenge groups of four or so players.

Please Deliver - Necromancy

Even if we can't wear them, I want to be able to test the waters of Necromancy.  If that means non-Knights have to wait, then given the Archetype disparity in combat power, I say let them wait.  It's not like after a minute of exhausting digging, someone else isn't going to run by and grab any meat I get anyway.

Please Deliver - Random Respawn

Gankers are getting smarter, leaving a buried guinea piglet to watch the nearest Graveyards (which, for a tactic, I commend.  Now find something useful and productive to use it towards.)  I like that when I'm ganked in a graveyard I get to go elsewhere, but I'd like the option to NOT appear in the nearest graveyard.

Please Deliver - Blueprints

For those missing the backstory, metal chestpieces both require four treated steel.  This means that only people using duplication bugs can currently have metal chestpieces.

Even if it takes more time and conveys higher risk, please allow crafters to make and use blueprints.  I know that the above can't be the only recipe requiring more than one of a manufactured good (Alchemy Philosopher's Stone comes to mind.)

Overview

I can honestly say that the return of the gankers, and the number of ganker groups, took me by surprise.  I was actually pleased to find enough gankers that ganker groups were fighting each other.  Also, it was pleasing that 2/3 or so of the gankers were using manual looting instead of auto-scripts.  That said, killing people just for the fun of it isn't my scene.

Edited by Rhishisikk

SIAP, but it seems that the "take item" bug maybe linked to an experimentation issue.  I got several failure in experimenting when running an crafting and then I got no item return when I clicked the take item button, so much I think its about 90% no item.

- Take bug still strong.

- Ghost image of items happens when moving inventory / stacking items.

- I've found that when I move an item in inventory fast for sorting & stacking, if I release it fast, it will usually move. It is when I wait that .5-second and the box that shows the items information pops up that I have the most trouble moving an item or being able to stack it.

- When I put a partial stack into a crafting slot and don't have enough to fill it, I sometime just click another stack of a different item. When the original item is placed into my inventory, it is no longer able to accept stacking or be placed into trash / spirit bank / NPC Chest.

- Rhishisikk, I think you are forgetting that these are only weekend long testing periods and crafting is a big part of what we are testing. Without massive amounts of raw mats, we wouldn't be able to test out different recipes and the results in combat. I can promise you that there will be balance in the CW's and EK's when they release the game, this is just Pre-Alpha so we test what they need testing and in return learn the game as it's fleshed out.

coolwaters likes this

Please, put a limit on the amount of items others players can loot from your corpse!

I came back into this test after the wipe and after about an hour of harvesting (mostly running around looking for copper) I was ganked by a couple of duelists...now mind you, I am obviously UNARMED, UNARMORED and UNAWARE of the attackers. I had spent the better part of the hour I was online finding the 5 copper nodes  but was killed before I could mine more than 3 as the 5 nodes were not in one spot.

So the first 2 nodes I mined were used for crafting harvesting potions...after crafting all the potions, I went to find more copper. Nothing super close so I grabbed a couple nodes of limestone, then went looking for more copper.

I found 3 copper nodes not too far from where I crafted and consumed my harvesting potions. I proceeded to pick away...1 node down then BAM! I am knocked back...still unable to see my attacker. Then before I could even attempt to run, I am hit again, and again until I am dead.

Two duelists ganged up on me then proceeded to loot my dead corpse completely until there was nothing left. So, for that hour of gameply I have nothing but a bad taste in my mouth because the devs @ Crowfall think it is wise to allow player looting without a cap this early in testing.

Way, way uncool and I guarantee this...I am keeping track of the turds I encounter and will show NO quarter and NO mercy when Crowfall goes live.

Cheers and perhaps I will decide to come back to testing in the future but for now...I will just play some other games instead.

" UNARMED, UNARMORED, and UNAWARE of the attackers" The First two you really can't help other than crafting for that stuff, but you the third one being unaware is something you can defiantly help. ALWAYS keep an eye out for other players on the PVP servers and do not trust a single soul unless you've talked to them before and even then take their trust with a grain of salt. As for the revenge thing I'm sure that's how the devs want the game to be played when it comes out to live. 

I found better success this weekend with crafting. I used the drag option instead of hitting the take button. I only lost maybe for items. Last week, I was closer to 20.

There was a lot more player this week. Super fun. Never got stuck in the map, that's great too. I am having a better time the longer I play.

I also wonder if you could set a cooldown on Potion Consumption. I am not 100% sure but i think i double-clicked a potion stack and consumed the same potion twice. Might be wrong here though.