Pann

FEEDBACK for Sat, January 7 - Mon, January 9

58 posts in this topic

will come later, you can work around it with a programmable keyboard or writing a script to change your keys

i cant stress ACE enough to fix the chat and "take" bug, its really inconvenient to actually hard test alot of things to discover eventual bugs etc

I made a totally awesome pistol the other day only to get the take bug. And, for those who say "Just right click the symbol", well, I did, I allways do.

Are you among those who believe you can be a good fighter AND a good crafter? Won't work, either you specialize in fighting, and probably fighting alone, or you specialize in crafting, with enough fighting skill to kill animals for hide and food.

I would imagine he's like most of us and is one of those people who plans to just buy alt accounts to craft with and thereby be every bit as good as you at it, on your main.

KrakkenSmacken likes this

suggestions with regards the combination of myrmidon/legio gameplay difficulty

a selection, not saying to do all of these...DESIGN suggestions

1) inspired by pillar's of eternity:

make it so a myrm and his allies cannot see his current health amount while under the effect of berserk. myrm only see the heart....e.g. his health bar is replaced by a different colour/texture one e.g. a neutral/full purple bar or something

(inc. allies to stop voice reporting and make more challenging for the support to react to. enemy can still see preferably)

2) make it so a myrmidon is immune to external healing while under the effect of berserk

(actually giving them a reason to stay out of berserk to get topped off, while also improving the complexity for the support - e.g. a legio could literally waste their C if not paying attention)

3) make it so the healing value of berserk scales based on your % life at activation (or generally)

for example:

if you activate berserk at 100% life - you only heal 50% incoming damage

while if you activated at 66% life  - you heal 75%

if you activate at 33% life - you heal 100%

or whatever scaling value would work - you get the picture

edit:

adding a previous idea I put on forum too

4) make berserk a supercharge power (they have to take a certain amount of damage before they can use it to charge it up. only starts to charge again when out of berserk)

make fall damage go through berserk.

Edited by Tinnis

make it so a myrm and his allies cannot see his current health amount while under the effect of berserk. myrm only see the heart....e.g. his health bar is replaced by a different colour/texture one e.g. a neutral/full purple bar or something

(inc. allies to stop voice reporting and make more challenging for the support to react to. enemy can still see preferably)

2) make it so a myrmidon is immune to external healing while under the effect of berserk

(actually giving them a reason to stay out of berserk to get topped off, while also improving the complexity for the support - e.g. a legio could literally waste their C if not paying attention)

3) make it so the healing value of berserk scales based on your % life at activation

for example:

One of these at a time please.

Preferably 2.  Right now there is no choice in hitting 6, I just do it, and at 8-5 seconds of heart left start planing my 2 or C.  I only crash once every 5 times on average, and I'm not even what I would consider good at playing him yet.

Tinnis likes this

Hey, sorry for the late feedback. Had issues with forum privileges. 

Experimenting

Whenever experimenting during crafting, the coloring on the wording would be wrong if done in quick succession. For example, if I had gotten a success and then immediately after experimented again and received a failure, the failure would be in green color. It would be like this on a constant basis both ways.

Buggy physics and graphics?

This picture has a box and flag post in the air, off the ground. Could be latency problems.

http://imgur.com/a/S14oe

This picture shows terrain coming through the floor of buildings. Wouldn't just be in the castles but also in the housing as well.

http://imgur.com/a/seWbE

This shows someone that had just mined a cobblestone rock. After the rock was diminished, I remained in the air.

http://imgur.com/a/9OEcU

If I would drag and item to a crafting slot or to the spirit bank or etc. and I let go of the left click of the mouse, the item would return to its position but a ghost of the image would appear on the screen where I had dropped it if it was not in the box it should have been in.

http://imgur.com/a/DkXjq

Chopping down trees would also be a bit weird. Once the tree was to the stump, sometimes it would have this graphical error:

http://imgur.com/a/oRpyf

The outer ring of the stump would be transparent. And the stump would also start swaying back and forth like the wind was blowing it. (promise I wasn't drunk or anything. haha)

Items would try to fit into their skinny jeans from 20 years ago in the crafting menu.

http://imgur.com/a/6pETd

Also, I'm sure this is being worked on, but standing on top of people and not being able to move people.

Characters loading strangely. Didn't matter what the character was doing in whichever animation, be it walking, standing, or combat animation, there would be another statue version of them in, in what seemed like, their hitbox that would follow them.

I saw a stream of a guy who had a house halfway into the ground and when stood upon, the house threw him high into the air. High.

That should be it. Seeing as I accidently closed out notepad with all my notes. -.-

And thanks for the amazing development of this game,

RubixDurp

I fell there is a bit of an un ballance with the amout of raw mats in crafting. To produce a bar of metal you need three stacked of three ore, but to produce a stiched leather you only need 1 stacked of 3 leathers. They seem to equal importance in base needs yet you need three times the amount to ore to make something.

LordBinz likes this

I would imagine he's like most of us and is one of those people who plans to just buy alt accounts to craft with and thereby be every bit as good as you at it, on your main.

Yeah, I guess there will be some of those, but probably not many. And if you want to be good at something playing multiple accounts won't do it. And, you will probably need VIP membership to play to the max, which isn't free. Not many teenagers without a life that can afford that, most of those that has any money work parttime and use their money on more intelligent stuff, like dating girls and buying cars.  :)

Yeah, I guess there will be some of those, but probably not many. And if you want to be good at something playing multiple accounts won't do it. And, you will probably need VIP membership to play to the max, which isn't free. Not many teenagers without a life that can afford that, most of those that has any money work parttime and use their money on more intelligent stuff, like dating girls and buying cars.  :)

You really need to investigate the mechanics a bit better, ALT's are currently distinctly better and cheaper than VIP.

Nothing you said here is correct, except perhaps that teenagers without a life don't have much money.

You really need to investigate the mechanics a bit better, ALT's are currently distinctly better and cheaper than VIP.

Nothing you said here is correct, except perhaps that teenagers without a life don't have much money.

Currently? You are aware that we are in pre-alpha and that there are neither VIP membership nor ALT accounts yet (unless someone is supporting on 2 accounts in stead of putting everything into one account, which would be more logical).

Currently? You are aware that we are in pre-alpha and that there are neither VIP membership nor ALT accounts yet (unless someone is supporting on 2 accounts in stead of putting everything into one account, which would be more logical).

Btw, I'm talking about ALT accounts, not ALT's on the same account, which wouldn't work at all.

I fell there is a bit of an un ballance with the amout of raw mats in crafting. To produce a bar of metal you need three stacked of three ore, but to produce a stiched leather you only need 1 stacked of 3 leathers. They seem to equal importance in base needs yet you need three times the amount to ore to make something.

Its also a lot easier and quicker to mine the 4-5 little nodes for (with cheating potions) a stack of ore each, with bonuses and maybe a green, than it is to find, hunt and kill the cat and then skin it, move on finding the next one etc. The time fighting also eats into your potion buff uptime since you should have all of them going if you are going to be harvesting stuff.

3) make it so the healing value of berserk scales based on your % life at activation (or generally)

for example:

edit:

adding a previous idea I put on forum too

4) make berserk a supercharge power (they have to take a certain amount of damage before they can use it to charge it up. only starts to charge again when out of berserk)

make fall damage go through berserk.

I like 2, 3 and 4. Not a big fan of 1. Supercharge on berserk makes sense to me, but I fear that the myrmidon won't be very tanky WITHOUT constant berserk. People have to realize that the myrmidon is a TANK, he needs to be self-sufficient and hard to kill to a certain extent. I'd be okay if they just left him as is, but turned down the damage. Maybe just #3's implementation would make sense then since you'd have to use berserk intelligently.

Edited by helix

A harvesting tool takes 3 wood, 1 sheet of parchment and 1 ore, that's all. Trying to make an über tool is a waste of time, the difference between the axe with the best possible durability and the one where you totaly failed is so small that it isn't worth it (not sure how much longer a tool with max durability will last, but even making 3 tools only takes a couple of minutes). 3 yews, a parchment made from Yew and 1 gold re, crafting time meassured in seconds, what's the problem?

that was true till the announcement today, spending a bit more time to control the % of what the tool gives you in secondary output seems like something most of the crafters will spend time on 

that was true till the announcement today, spending a bit more time to control the % of what the tool gives you in secondary output seems like something most of the crafters will spend time on

What announcement? There's nothing new on the News and anouncements.

Found it. Amazing news, now it's even more reason to be good. I hope this continues. :)

Tofyzer likes this

woops

You do know that any comments made here is sent to everyone who subscribes to this post? Would be easier if you explained why it's a woops rather than to write woops. ;)

One last response/post in this thread and it's time to move on.

Yes I am aware we are in pre-alpha, that literally has zero to do with the ALT benefit issue.

As it is now, your choice to spend 60$ on Crowfall over and above your basic package price, is

A.) 1 Account VIP for 4 months,

• Get 2 extra archetypes to probably 70% complete of training in addition to the standard account.
  • Only train one universal skill
  • Pay monthly to continue this extra archetype training or stop.

B.) Purchase a second account with no VIP,

• Train 1 archetype to 70% complete
  • Train an additional universal skill/profession
  • Continue to train both indefinitely with no further cost.

Right now, for 60$, the best deal is to skip VIP, and get a second account.

It's basic math, and not complicated.  Once the four months is over, the second account will become increasingly more valuable than the 4 Months VIP will.

Not sure why you are arguing that it isn't the case.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken