34 replies to this topic

#21 Zybak

Zybak

Rook

• Testers
  • 712 posts
  • Location@ZybakTV

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

I really enjoyed the series. Seeing all the experience Todd and Gordon have makes me pretty confident in this game. It seems like a lot of the Crowfall devs have been around long enough to make plenty of mistakes and mistakes are just another word for experience.

#22 blazzen

blazzen

Rook

• ACE Development Partners
  • 708 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:54 AM

Was it always as easy as it sounded in your video to find a new job/company/project after leaving your previous one? 

#23 rajah

rajah

Jackdaw

• Testers
  • 2,008 posts
  • LocationMesozoic

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

Was it always as easy as it sounded in your video to find a new job/company/project after leaving your previous one?

Probably easy, since Gordon always has a gun on him.

Jk!

Seriously though, with such tremendous multi-skill experience, strong work ethics and time spent in the industry, my bet is that you nearly always have choises.

Edited by rajah, 11 January 2017 - 02:16 PM.

#24 cemya

cemya

Treepie

• Testers
  • 448 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:59 PM

I can't believe I almost got West World spoilers, (stopped reading and very carefully clipped without looking)  from a Crowfall developer question.

Sorry.  I didn't think what I had in there was a spoiler, per se, but I have gone ahead and eliminated the reference altogether.

Edited by cemya, 11 January 2017 - 04:00 PM.

#25 KrakkenSmacken

KrakkenSmacken

Rook

• Testers
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:11 PM

Sorry.  I didn't think what I had in there was a spoiler, per se, but I have gone ahead and eliminated the reference altogether.

To be fair, I didn't read it so I am not certain it was a spoiler, but pretty much any description of plot applies as far as I am concerned.

You can use the little green/white box in the top left to add spoiler content and just let everyone chose if they want to read it.

Example spoiler.

Spoiler

Edited by KrakkenSmacken, 11 January 2017 - 04:11 PM.

#26 Tyrant

Tyrant

Executive Producer

• ArtCraft Developer
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:49 PM

>1.  The Campaign Worlds/Eternal Kingdoms dynamic seems to spring off doomed past MMO attempts to marry open world PVP with "living worlds" that instead resulted in declining subscriptions as many fled the chaos.  While some projects like Chronicles of Elyria plan to keep tilting at this windwill, is the challenge too great to be overcome without hard-coded restrictions (high sec, Trammel, EK's etc)?  

>2.  As advances occur in AI, do you envision near-future opportunities for NPCs with complex AI to become features in MMOs? 

These are really both Todd questions, he's the creative director after all!

#27 Tyrant

Tyrant

Executive Producer

• ArtCraft Developer
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:50 PM

Awesome bio and inside look, reminds me of combat Veteran talking about the old war. 

@Gordon - is the .17 that better than .22 for match? 

Never shot a .17

#28 Tyrant

Tyrant

Executive Producer

• ArtCraft Developer
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:54 PM

BTW, What were the years you were at EA?  

1999-2003 and 2007-2011

#29 Tyrant

Tyrant

Executive Producer

• ArtCraft Developer
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:58 PM

What's your daily Carry? 

Glock 17 here.

Nice looking place u have there. Did you go to a permaculture design class, have someone design it for you or just winging it?

Depends on the day, but that would be telling.  :)

I did a lot of self study and finally took Geoff Lawton's online PDC after a few years. http://www.geofflawtononline.com/

#30 Tyrant

Tyrant

Executive Producer

• ArtCraft Developer
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:02 AM

Sometimes yes, sometimes not so much.  The period between Sony and BioWare was nearly a year, but worth the wait.

Being employable always linked to effectively presenting yourself as being the solution to the employers perceived problems.  Even better if you can fix some of the actual problems along the way!  :)

#31 Romulas

Romulas

Hatchling

• 2 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:26 AM

wtf oO

icRUkAl.jpg

#32 Gorwald

Gorwald

Treepie

• Testers
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:44 AM

Great serie, really enjoyed it.

I'm still amazed to see a person with so much experience being so dedicated to us, the players.

And it's why i love so much this project, thanks for all your hard work Gordon/Tyrant and Ace, i'm glad to be part of the adventure.

#33 Tinnis

Tinnis

Jackdaw

• Testers
  • 2,113 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:20 PM

Sometimes yes, sometimes not so much.  The period between Sony and BioWare was nearly a year, but worth the wait.

Being employable always linked to effectively presenting yourself as being the solution to the employers perceived problems.  Even better if you can fix some of the actual problems along the way!  :)

Great stories!

My questions:

Whats your favorite podcast?

[generally ficiton or non fiction podcasts?...i'm addicted to far too many weekly fiction podcasts - nice 20 minute to over an hour stand alone sci-fi, horror, fantasy or anything in between short fiction bursts! Great when I am not reading as many books as I would like too on my magical Kobo ereader]

[You can see my recommendations via old reddit thread here]

If you had the chance to have been a developer on any past/recently released game what would you chose and why?

Edited by Tinnis, 12 January 2017 - 12:22 PM.

#34 tierless

tierless

Raven

• Testers
  • 1,190 posts
  • LocationIn Stealth

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:44 AM

I'm also curious about the podcasts he likes. 

His terraforming is both interesting and seemingly very zen.

I wonder if he has any behind the scenes books planned or if that is restricted due to NDA's? Seems like he could write a book about every game he worked on. I'd love to have an in-depth look at SWTOR's development. Koster did a great job writing about SWG. Was really interesting stuff hearing it from his side instead of only seeing/hearing the fan side. 

Edited by tierless, 15 January 2017 - 10:51 AM.

#35 Bramble

Bramble

Rook

• Testers
  • 519 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

Thanks Gordon!  Good to meet more of you.

You should try Wood Turning sometime.  :D

PS:  You are missing one prop in your photo of sitting in that throne with a sword:  Your Burger King crown!   :blink:

/waves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users