Jlane

Forum Update Bug Log

Question

114 answers to this question

We all know that the forums had a major face-lift and was reworked on the back end. This will naturally bring bugs with it so to help focus all of the issues we may encounter this thread is being made to help track them. Another benefit is we can see if our issue is a common one that others are experiencing. 

CURRENT BUGS:

• Can't reply to New & Announcements Fixed
  • Changing signatures seems to be a little wonky and linking pictures doesn't seem to work. Couldn't figure out how to change my forum signature picture. Fixed
  • I am randomly logged out. I click on sign in and I'm back. This can happen at any time. Refreshing, moving from one thread to the, making a reply etc. Fixed
  • 500 status code upon logging in and navigating to forums from crowfall.com (linked with SSO session issues) Fixed
  • The forums link in the patcher is also not working Fixed
  • Community link from main site points to wrong address. Old link has "http" new is "https". Fixed
  • Dev Tracker date formattingFixed
  • Posting images in a reply Fixed

Current Focus: SSO Login polishing.

Edit: Jlane -- March 9, 5:00 p.m. CST

If you are a dev please feel free to edit this post with a line through the bug and a "Fixed" at the end as issues are addressed.

Ataraxa and Destrin like this

Changing signatures seems to be a little wonky and linking pictures doesn't seem to work. Couldn't figure out how to change my forum signature picture.

Edited by Zybak

17 minutes ago, makkon said:

new forum version is much more better.

but wtf is with my signature?

Looks to be fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out.

Hmm. I can't seem to get images or gifs to work. I may be doing it wrong but I've tried about everything I can think of. You can even right click - copy - paste images directly into the text box without a link. They'll show up but when you post them nothing happens.

Edited by Zybak
test

Can't access the "ACE Development Partners" forum since update:

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 1F176/3

Unsure if that's a "bug" per se or if permissions just need to be re-added.

If I load any forums page, it sometimes (frequently) doesn't show me as logged in.  Hitting refresh fixes that about 50% of the time (ie sometimes I have to refresh twice before it recognizes I'm logged in).

22 minutes ago, durenthal said:

If I load any forums page, it sometimes (frequently) doesn't show me as logged in.  Hitting refresh fixes that about 50% of the time (ie sometimes I have to refresh twice before it recognizes I'm logged in).

This is a known issue that we are working to get resolved.

53 minutes ago, Avloren said:

I will forward this to Pann. We have had a couple of people who seemed to have lost their forum entitlements. If anyone is experiencing a similar problem, please email support@artandcraftentertainment.com so that we can make sure it gets addressed.

I honestly MUCH prefer this forum over the old version, everything just seems easier to read and more organized and gathered.

Jlane likes this

Hi There,

I have a Create Icon.. realllyyyyyy don't think it should be there. I can either update my status or create new content. Don't want to toutch it.. I'm scared.

Thanks !

6 minutes ago, Xorlarrin said:

Hi There,

I have a Create Icon.. realllyyyyyy don't think it should be there. I can either update my status or create new content. Don't want to toutch it.. I'm scared.

Thanks !

If you are talking about the ' + Create ' button in the Navbar -- This is a new feature for quickly being able to create a post in the various forums. 

4 hours ago, Avloren said:

I have corrected this twice already. If it reverts again, please email support@crowfall.com. We need to figure out why member groups keep rolling back.