facerip

Shadowbane 2.0

459 posts in this topic

Dang. I didn't know this guy was 2900+ in wow and top 20 NA in sc2 and even won SB at launch as part of Nurfed! Incredible!

I always thought the competitive gamers were out there playing games, streaming and getting paid.

We're so lucky to have one so close to us and so willing to engage with us. He's even posted almost 6000 posts. And so long too!

I worry it doesn't leave much time for anything else though. I hope he's getting enough fresh veggies in his diet. Stay strong, friend. We need you!

Colest, Belantis, Handies and 1 other like this

6 hours ago, krazo said:

Dang. I didn't know this guy was 2900+ in wow

inb4 s9 mmr abuse or 2k rating-before-WoD-release turbo cleave

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:25 AM, Rikutatis said:

You don't think the player in the video below is skillful? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJYTyeNjeKo

I mean the "bunny hopping"and mid air head shots is already quite a feat in itself, but saying that's all he does is taking his mechanical skill out of context. He is hitting headshots mid air, one after the other, while at the same time making split-second tactical decisions of which targets to prioritize, where to better position himself in order to remain safe, keeping track of the enemy team positioning, having a ridiculously high map and situational awareness, and more importantly keeping track of both his team as well as the enemy team's ult economy. And knowing that player from watching his streams and YT content, I know he's also keeping strategical considerations in mind, like team comps and counter play, how to better approach a map objective with the comp they have, etc. A game can be very twitchy and fast paced and still require a lot of tactical and strategical thinking. 

Also please note I'm not going into the whole skill ceiling debate, I never played SB and have no clue what the skill ceiling was like there. Just saying I disagree with the notion that a game has to choose between being strategical and slow or twitchy fast. 

I do think Aim is important and fast reflexes but a lot of time that is augmented by "auto Headshot" Cheats. I have been in games that were plagued with them. "darkfall" being one of them. That's why did say Auto Headshots. Since it can make someone seem much more skillful than they really are.

I just feel that it takes a rounded player and not to discount any skill type as the only one.

Rikutatis and coolwaters like this

52 minutes ago, dolmar said:

I do think Aim is important and fast reflexes but a lot of time that is augmented by "auto Headshot" Cheats. I have been in games that were plagued with them. "darkfall" being one of them. That's why did say Auto Headshots. Since it can make someone seem much more skillful than they really are.

I just feel that it takes a rounded player and not to discount any skill type as the only one.

So you are saying aimbots aren't skillful? 

23 hours ago, krazo said:

Dang. I didn't know this guy was 2900+ in wow and top 20 NA in sc2 and even won SB at launch as part of Nurfed! Incredible!

I always thought the competitive gamers were out there playing games, streaming and getting paid.

We're so lucky to have one so close to us and so willing to engage with us. He's even posted almost 6000 posts. And so long too!

I worry it doesn't leave much time for anything else though. I hope he's getting enough fresh veggies in his diet. Stay strong, friend. We need you!

VN's favorite food is tube steak, if you know what I mean ;).

Edited by Helix

You Have to remember... VN already embarrassed himself so bad as "michaelflatley", that he had to create a new persona. This is just the new improved MF. I've had him on ignore for months. But If you want a good chuckle...

Read that thread for the laughs. Poor VN has actually toned it down a little....very little. If MMO's had an equivalent of "Stolen Valor", VN would be guilty as custard. Probably time to create another on line persona there VN, you have ruined this one as well. Even "if" you were any good, no credible Guild/Nation would house you. You're not worth the baggage.

mandalore likes this

1 hour ago, armegeddon said:

You Have to remember... VN already embarrassed himself so bad as "michaelflatley", that he had to create a new persona. This is just the new improved MF. I've had him on ignore for months. But If you want a good chuckle...

Read that thread for the laughs. Poor VN has actually toned it down a little....very little. If MMO's had an equivalent of "Stolen Valor", VN would be guilty as custard. Probably time to create another on line persona there VN, you have ruined this one as well. Even "if" you were any good, no credible Guild/Nation would house you. You're not worth the baggage.

Without people like michaelflatley/vikingnail we wouldn't appreciate how good flowers smell, because we wouldn't know how bad poorly made socks stinks.

Edited by Helix
Handies, Frykka, coolwaters and 1 other like this

54 minutes ago, armegeddon said:

This is a fake narrative and another lie. 

What actually happened can't be talked about because of forum rules, but suffice it to say, someone that actually committed stolen valor was dealt with by me, and that led to other things happening. 

I do appreciate people taking the time to obsess about me and spread lies though, it definitely tells me how much power my words wield over them.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

4 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

This is a fake narrative and another lie. 

What actually happened can't be talked about because of forum rules, but suffice it to say, someone that actually committed stolen valor was dealt with by me, and that led to other things happening. 

I do appreciate people taking the time to obsess about me and spread lies though, it definitely tells me how much power my words wield over them.

Are you saying there is a MMO equivalent of stolen valor, or that you dealt with someone doing this IRL?

Either way, that sounds like an interesting story. I'd certainly like to hear it.

The music and sound effects of this game stir my soul.

Please import these.

And add all the same sound sound effects. 

I only played release WoW and then quit after dominating the sheet that was WoW release PVP.  Slaughtered noobs by the hundreds outside the alliance capitols and the entrance to blackrock.  The ground had a carpets of skeletons. Of course that was all pre BG's, pre-arena's, pre- expansions etc so I can  intelligently comment on end game WoW PVP.  It was very low skill ceiling

Edited by BraveSirRobin
Handies and mythx like this

Yet again another thread that's been hijacked into VN making it all about him :(

Judging the speed at which you jump on all new threads VN I'm beginning to think you'd turn up for the opening of an envelope :)

What VN do not understand it seems - that most professional players with unique high gifted skills in a sport like soccer - most don`t have the habit to talk about their overall skill set at all like players Messi on Barcelona for instant, and you sometimes read about such players when he was getting married about a week ago. And what to prove? Many here is above 30+ in age @VN, and I`m 41 years old, and most of us don`t care about a simple duel in an massive multiplayer siege game. And your 10 guys were non factor in 2003 until you obviously had a bad time and left SB before it become interesting without the huge guilds like KGB who openly recruited in 2004 even though the guild continue playing for some years after the main release. :)

And CF is about larger movements of guilds and players who will create larger alliances in-game - how to coordinate and be successful in an active Dregs campaign. And the guild politics based on that topic shadow the whole skill related topic in pvp like duels. If a guy can take out 2-3 players great due to skill, but he can`t stop an army with siege weapons - it`s a number game and guild politics. If you can grief other players like VN fine that is possible indeed, but the main goal is to win campaigns within a well coordinated alliance. Hopefully the core game mechanics will shine enough that the game get interesting and attract new players to the active campaigns. 

Edited by mythx

VN is limited by a double-digit I.Q., fellas, so keep that in mind. Not even a high double-digit I.Q. like "99," either. He is quite literally so extremely moronic that he lacks the capacity to understand how ignorant he is.

Case in point: his claims about supposedly "causing" Winterblades to kill facerip because he "misled" Winterblades to think that he was a guild-mate of facerip's. Now I have no personal direct knowledge of the incident in question, but it's pretty easy to determine VN is completely full of it after reading WB's recollection of what transpired and the reasoning for VN's claim. It doesn't even require an acknowledgement that VN's claim to be able to discern WB's motive is laughable merely because VN isn't a mind-reader (albeit this is true) or because VN is clearly prone to self-aggrandizement (also true) and delusions of grandeur (also true). Any and all SB veterans with deep ties to the forum community can instantly recognize this claim to be laughable because VN couldn't possibly "trick" any Shadowbane player into believing that he has a supposed affiliation with facerip. Most of the community knows of facerip's prior guild affiliations and of the relatively small crew (RoFL/GC) that he typically plays with. Additionally, everyone also knows that VN has never been affiliated with these guilds or facerip, and never would be, as the first inclination of anyone associated with these crews would be to grief VN out of said crew immediately by killing him over and over (I know because I've played with these guys on and off since the Vengeance server). Of course, VN himself wouldn't be aware of any of this because he has no knowledge of what is "general knowledge" within the Shadowbane veterans community.

In a nutshell, this is the perfect example of a VN claim that is insta-debunked by its patent ridiculousness but VN completely lacks the understanding, capacity, or background knowledge to realize why this is or would be the case. He has no clue why the entire SB community is laughing their asses off at his absurd delusions and for this reason I almost pity him. 

Anyway, thanks for the laughs. 

4 hours ago, managainsttime said:

VN is limited by a double-digit I.Q., fellas, so keep that in mind. Not even a high double-digit I.Q. like "99," either. He is quite literally so extremely moronic that he lacks the capacity to understand how ignorant he is.

Case in point: his claims about supposedly "causing" Winterblades to kill facerip because he "misled" Winterblades to think that he was a guild-mate of facerip's. Now I have no personal direct knowledge of the incident in question, but it's pretty easy to determine VN is completely full of it after reading WB's recollection of what transpired and the reasoning for VN's claim. It doesn't even require an acknowledgement that VN's claim to be able to discern WB's motive is laughable merely because VN isn't a mind-reader (albeit this is true) or because VN is clearly prone to self-aggrandizement (also true) and delusions of grandeur (also true). Any and all SB veterans with deep ties to the forum community can instantly recognize this claim to be laughable because VN couldn't possibly "trick" any Shadowbane player into believing that he has a supposed affiliation with facerip. Most of the community knows of facerip's prior guild affiliations and of the relatively small crew (RoFL/GC) that he typically plays with. Additionally, everyone also knows that VN has never been affiliated with these guilds or facerip, and never would be, as the first inclination of anyone associated with these crews would be to grief VN out of said crew immediately by killing him over and over (I know because I've played with these guys on and off since the Vengeance server). Of course, VN himself wouldn't be aware of any of this because he has no knowledge of what is "general knowledge" within the Shadowbane veterans community.

In a nutshell, this is the perfect example of a VN claim that is insta-debunked by its patent ridiculousness but VN completely lacks the understanding, capacity, or background knowledge to realize why this is or would be the case. He has no clue why the entire SB community is laughing their asses off at his absurd delusions and for this reason I almost pity him. 

Anyway, thanks for the laughs. 

I love it when people obsess over me and can't cope with the truth.  Thank you for showing me the power of my words.  Not that I didn't already know their power. 

I mean I already gave you a taste of facerip talking about winterblades camping him looking for me due to the fact that they thought I was associated with him.  But objectivity does not reign over you.  You can pretend it didn't happen, but it did, and it was hilarious. 

I think people like you are too easy to work over and that's why you struggle in the political aspect of games.  If I can work you over with the truth and make it so you completely miss the mark and can't even accept things that actually occurred because you are so biased, all before the game even begins, imagine how you are going to react when your world comes crashing down and you realize you never had a chance. 

Denying reality considered bad for your health.

I think the problem here is that you think you have it all figured out, you are so confident in your view, but you can't even accept simple truths, and don't realize that you actually are the one that doesn't have it figured out at all, compared to competitive gamers that actually stepped outside of shadowbane (after dominating it at its most populated) and went on to dominate much bigger games with much better competition and skill involved.  It's very common small pond syndrome. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL