KohrAh

Slightly confused on skill tree total percentage.

10 posts in this topic

The Combat Principles tree has 2200 total points.  To me it seems that 1100 points are what's needed to unlock the more advanced trees.  So with that goal in mind my training is a little spread out to unfinished skill nodes to take advantage of earlier points training faster.

I currently have 741 points in this tree and the client is telling me that I have 38%.  Problem is that 38% of 2200 is 836.  Rounding up I currently have 34%.  

I thought maybe the tier of the skills matter.  Since each tier is a multiple training time wise, I tried weighting the trained skills the same, but then I come in at 28% complete.

What am I missing here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the reported 38% holds at the current rate, and lets me move to the next tree at 50% I can train Defense: Control, and then only put 34 points each into the four skills it unlocks.  If that's reporting incorrectly and I need the 1100 total points in this tree, then I'll need to train 65 points in each of those four skills.  

The only thing I can think of is the partial training in 5 other skill nodes that haven't added up to a full point yet.  I can't see that making that much of a difference though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check your training one more time?   You probably overlooked a node you have trained.  

I have 975 points in that tree (incl 75 points partial training), and the interface reports 44%, 975/2200.   I have 38% of the total time trained.

Edited by Dominate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've checked it and rechecked it.

First three skills are maxed: 300

Upper branch has: 73, 54, 65 (192 together)

Lower branch has: 100, 72, 80 (252 together)

Now training Defense: Control: 47

Grand Total: 791  Which should be 35% (assuming no rounding, 36% rounded), it is reporting 40%.

Not missing any skills because there aren't any further ones that could have training in them.  I'm going to keep an eye on this, so far it's holding at reporting 5% higher than it should.  With Defense Control at 47 it's going to start slowing down, so it'll be a day or two before another run of the numbers is worthwhile.  It'll be interesting to see at what point the next tree unlocks.  I still have at least 5 days of training until I do/would hit 50%.  I'm going to keep updating this thread as it will be a good reference for reporting this as a bug once the reported hits 50% and I have more details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, KohrAh said:

I've checked it and rechecked it.

First three skills are maxed: 300

Upper branch has: 73, 54, 65 (192 together)

Lower branch has: 100, 72, 80 (252 together)

Now training Defense: Control: 47

Grand Total: 791  Which should be 35% (assuming no rounding, 36% rounded), it is reporting 40%.

Not missing any skills because there aren't any further ones that could have training in them.  I'm going to keep an eye on this, so far it's holding at reporting 5% higher than it should.  With Defense Control at 47 it's going to start slowing down, so it'll be a day or two before another run of the numbers is worthwhile.  It'll be interesting to see at what point the next tree unlocks.  I still have at least 5 days of training until I do/would hit 50%.  I'm going to keep updating this thread as it will be a good reference for reporting this as a bug once the reported hits 50% and I have more details.

 

12 hours ago, Dominate said:

Check your training one more time?   You probably overlooked a node you have trained.  

I have 975 points in that tree (incl 75 points partial training), and the interface reports 44%, 975/2200.   I have 38% of the total time trained.

 

Since the only things that differ between the 2 accounts is the number of partially finished skills, I'm going to say that there is a bug, since this is pre-alpha and all. I have a feeling the only partially finished skill that can be accurately assessed is the one that is currently being trained.

KohrAh, seems like you had this same hunch earlier. Have you started to train up those partially completed skills to 100? If so, please post your numbers again when they finish. I'm hoping this is more of a visual bug (displaying wrong number due to miscalculation from bad formula) than a database bug (wrong numbers to start with, causing the miscalculation).

Edited by Slashin8r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I trained the combat principles tree to 50% and noticed the same thing. The percentage doesn't seem to accurately reflect the amount of time spent vs the amount of time required. Interestingly though, I just looked at the tree and see that I now have 53% trained. I don't think they removed any nodes, so something in their calculation must have changed, because I know I stopped training at exactly 50%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arkade said:

I trained the combat principles tree to 50% and noticed the same thing. The percentage doesn't seem to accurately reflect the amount of time spent vs the amount of time required. Interestingly though, I just looked at the tree and see that I now have 53% trained. I don't think they removed any nodes, so something in their calculation must have changed, because I know I stopped training at exactly 50%.

You're saying you got to 50%, moved on to an unlocked tree, and now when you look it says 53%?

If that's what you're saying I'm inclined to think that this is a bug in just how it's reporting.

I just checked the three ATs I'm train, and the math adds up there.  I also checked the other core trees I have points in, Exploration Basics, Crafting Basics, and Vessels; they all look fine as well.  For the ATs I have one where the points aren't spread around, all trained skills are to 100 except the one currently training, the other two have points spread around like my Combat Principles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I log in every day to check up on my skills for tracking purposes. While I was training mine up to 50%, I noticed that some days the overall percentage would change over the course of a single skill, but some days it wouldn't. I think that some skills just don't update until they hit 100%. Doesn't feel intentional, and might have changed, but it is a thing I noticed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I have not tested this, what about the possibility of the time training the points having weight towards percentage complete?  This should be something that could be tested/tracked, it would just take time.

I know i have several partially trained skills (the first mining & quarrying nodes for example) where I train 34ish points to get that 1% bump and move on, whereas training some of my craft/fessor tree nodes takes hours and hours to make a single point. 

So should(is) the first point which takes minutes equal/equivalent to the 99/100th point that takes hours?

This might be the perceptual difference, it also might not, has to be tested!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK I think I just confirmed this as a bug.  I have 1009/2200 skill points in the Combat Principles tree which should be 45% when rounding down (45.86%).  Tree says I have 50%.  Went on to Weapon Basics and was able to start training in that tree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.