Pann

Playtest feedback for March Fri, March 17 – Mon, March 20

181 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, hammyhams said:

Not sure if this is suppose to happen but when you trying to look around during harvesting using the mouse drag the character stops what its doing. If this is intentional it feels kind of clunky and awkward. Also the ore sometimes floats around and I end up chasing it around the map.

It's intentional

Whenever I try to log out to main menu, the timer sits at the 1 second mark for a long time.  I waited about 30 seconds to see if it would work before hitting ALT+F4.  

Duelist - Bugs

• When knocked down, Retaliate plays the animation and fires the attack, but you remain rooted and unable to act for (presumably) the duration of the initial knockdown.  I've seen this bug before, but it seems to have resurfaced.
  • Getting too close to npc's (risen) frequently results in becoming stuck underneath their collider.  Also, some resource nodes that have any sort of lip (especially cobblestone) will allow you to move inside the rock while burrowed.  Jumping frees you in both cases.
  • #4 power - Inconceivable! - The Humiliations Galore buff (extra pip generation) does not work at all.
  • The pistol shot DM has hit detection issues.  You very frequently miss the target when the cursor is dead on, regardless of elevation.  This bug has been present for quite some time now.

Duelist - Feedback

• Soul Power doesn't feel right for the C power on the Duelist.  I'd prefer if the power was on a relatively long cooldown which is gradually reduced as Soul Power is earned (for all AT's really, but especially this one).
  • Generally, I'm a fan of the new dodge mechanic.  I'd like to see non-combat spring reinstated, though.
Tofyzer, coolwaters and PaleOne like this

I experienced rather awful FPS and I chose the server with the lowest latency (East Coast - VA for me). Signal strength to the server was always good, however FPS rarely exceeded 40 and was typically in the low 20s during movement of the avatar or mouse (view).

For Reference:

I run an i7-6800K with 96GB RAM and an Nvidia GTX 1070 Founder's Edition.

krevra likes this

3 minutes ago, alexpaupe86 said:

I experienced rather awful FPS and I chose the server with the lowest latency (East Coast - VA for me). Signal strength to the server was always good, however FPS rarely exceeded 40 and was typically in the low 20s during movement of the avatar or mouse (view).

For Reference:

I run an i7-6800K with 96GB RAM and an Nvidia GTX 1070 Founder's Edition.

I also experienced about 20 fps lower fps than I normally had

coolwaters likes this

I had some first tries with testing this weekend...

My impressions so far:

I dont like combat (but that doesnt matter as I'm not here for combat and combat wont change to something I'd like anyway).

I like the music.

Performance was okay.

Crafting seems cool, but times to get skills via passive leveling are really boringly slow. Seems like it takes months until one can craft something useful besides just basic stuff. Basic stuff works fine though.

Will there be a betaround where passive skilling is MUCH faster to see how things work with many unlocked traits? Gathering was kinda fine with all pots active at least, but for example recipes and stuff like that need to be unlocked with training, which is veeeery slow and cant be sped up, which is a big dislike from me.

Is there some kind of preview which recipes get unlocked if trained? and how does one get more parcels? doesnt seem like parcels can be crafted, so those are purely rewards in campaigns and storebought?

Edited by Gromschlog
Tofyzer likes this

Notice this last week, but was just able to confirm that something isn't right.

The Combat Principles tree is not correctly calculating percentage complete.  I have 1009 out of 2200 points which should be 45% when rounding down, but the progression indicator states 50% completed.  I was able to move on and start training in the Weapon Basics tree.

More details of how I discovered this here: https://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/16184-slightly-confused-on-skill-tree-total-percentage/

Hithar likes this

Templar 

• Tanking
    • Very happy with the survivability of this archetype. We are hard to kill but not impossible to kill. It mostly comes down to mistakes by the player whether you live or die.
  • Combat
    • My biggest issue is combat abilities missing their target. The charge misses a good percentage of the time. On my screen I will land face to face with my opponent and it will miss.
    • Charge still has terrain problems when trying to leap up a hill or down a hill.
    • Parry misses a lot of times. I think we either have a hit FOV issue or a range issue. Part of this could be server performance related. I dont expect to hit someone with this ability when they are a few yards away. But when they are on top of me and it misses its very frustrating. The majority of fights I lose very badly are the ones where my abilities are missing. 
    • In smaller battles we are still very much pip starved. I feel like you need to take one of our abilities off the pip system and tie it to something else. Taking the parry off pips and tying it to stamina would be nice (like Knights block). I'd trade that for a nerf somewhere else. There are times in 4v4 I'm running around not able to hit anything even with basic attacks and i cannot generate pips. It should be a chore to generate pips.
  • Healing
    • I currently feel like the 5 ability has no use and has too much opportunity cost for what is gained. 
  • Animation
    • Weapon out run animation looks a tad wonky. It has a running waddle look to it.

Mining

• Bring back rank 7 and 8 nodes. Maybe even put rank 9's and 10's in the game to encourage group farming.

Other gathering skills

• Please put blue leather back in the game. It is currently very frustrating to know that white leather can downgrade my excellently rolled blue item. You want us to come test your game then please reward my many hours spent farming by giving me the opportunity to farm higher grade leather. I have a feeling this is falling on deaf ears but you have people who have spent their entire test to gathering and crafting skills. We are a minority and issues like these get overlooked.

Myrmidon 

• One of my guild officers requested that i personally ask you to nerf the poorly made socks out of this archetype. @angelmar:ph34r:

last request is a joke

Edited by Tark
Xenotor, coolwaters, krevra and 1 other like this

13 hours ago, Gopher said:

Not sure if anyone else has had this happen to them, but I have had a few items go missing from my inventory.  I move a pick ax from my spirit bank to my inventory on the Virginia server then logged out to switch over to the Builder server.  When I jumped back into the Virginia server, my pick ax was missing from my inventory and was not in my spirit bank either.  I have also had this happen on the Oregon server with some meat that I moved from spirit bank to inventory and logged out right after the transfer.  Seems to be tied to logging out right after the transfer.

OK this seems to be a problem, I did the same thing and lost 2 picks and a ax doing the same thing.

Tofyzer likes this

Here my feedback for this iteration:

• Stack size increase to 50 / 20 is really great and way more sensible than 16
  • Spirit bank sorting and stacking is godsend for little OCD types like me ;)
  • Bug/missing feature: you cant stack until the full stack size is reached, still have to do that in normal inventory (I mean if you have 48 ore and drag 10 onto it, it wont stack to 50 + 8)
  • Small Cosmetic bug: When a skill is completed while you are ingame you see that small banner and it says "100, next point in <empty>" instead of maybe "Skill XY completed"
  • I was crafting some mail boots, as additional ingridents I had 2x pure gold rings and one gold ring with a crafting specialty seal in it. The final product showed ONLY the crafting stat, the support power on the 2 pure gold rings got lost somehow.
Tofyzer likes this

5 hours ago, Ataraxa said:

Bug/missing feature: you cant stack until the full stack size is reached, still have to do that in normal inventory (I mean if you have 48 ore and drag 10 onto it, it wont stack to 50 + 8)

You can split one stack inside the spirit bank to get the amount you need to complete the other stack. This way you don't need to take the items out of the spirit bank and wait 2 minutes.

Tofyzer likes this

Feedback from playing crowfall in short format.

Game as a whole:

- Needs more background music and zone area music.

- Combat is nearly there. Just needs to be more fluid.

- Movement was weird. Jumping while running was really off didnt feel fluid. Strafing left to right while in combat was not fluid. But strafing left to right when out of combat was fluid.

- I feel as the game as a whole does not feel fluid yet. If you know what I mean think of warhammer online. I loved that fluid combat.

Bugs:

- Alot of monster NPC bugs including: NPC pathing issues due to certain obstacles. NPC's on the hills were totally bugged and didnt move at all. NPC combat was very wonky and took time to find me while engaged in combat.

- Alot of Character skill bugs such as: Ability CD timers were bugged. Ability animations were bugged when used. When using an ability when moving the ability would bug out.

Note: I know this is pre-alpha and the bugs are everywhere.

Crafting:

- Crafting is awesome. Only thing I didnt like was the stamina drain I felt it was too much of a stamina consume when used. Maybe tone it down alot or take it away. IMO you should remove the stamina drain as we already have durability in the crafting tools.

- Im not a huge fan of the 3 confirmation windows when you craft an item. Maybe reduce to 2. e.g you make an item. then you experiment and then it goes straight to your pack upon completion.

- Crafting UI could use a big facelift as it feels bland and boring. Crafting should be fun and fascinating when you create something. Give us some special effects when making something new. like come on we just made a gold bar out of gold ore! that level of excitement is what the UI of the crafting reward system is needed.

Classes:

- I only played a few but I loved them all and I hope the art style and the character models look awesome at launch.

- More character voice lines when just hitting normally or cutting trees or just random talking to itself. That would be nice to hear. Or voicelines when the character sees Ore or A monster or even talks about the weather. It just makes it feel more like a MMO if these small minor things are added in.

Final thoughts:

Crowfall is a lovely MMO and could be HUGE if done right. The game is on the right path in my eyes and if they get all the bug fixes and make sure combat is FLUID! im sure this game will be a big contender. Please add more background music such as ambient noises or wind blowing or birds chirping as it adds a level of involvement to the world of Crowfall. Also Im interested in playing the forge master and the stalker classes. Cant wait to try Crowfall again next week. Thank you for letting me test.

Tofyzer likes this

Nearly forgot a few points.

Logout / Disconects:

As of now if your start the logout process then even if you get hit, you still logout. The timer doesnt reset. Same for DCing.

Please make it so that if your revieve dmg your vessel stays in the game. The Logout timer should reset or just vanish altogher.

Running and attacking:

If i press shift+W in combat i sprint. But if i then press my LMB attack the character has some wreid insta stoping movement.

It would be really cool if you could attack even while sprinting at the cost of more stamina.

Maybe even Bonus dmg thanks to momentun ( if you ever plan to put phisics back into the game)

Champion skill tree:

Does boddy mass do anything? If not please remove the +25 mass skill in the champ skill tree

NPC AI:

Its well known that NPCs get stuck hill terrain. Maybe a sollution would be to programm them that they completly avoid any kind of terrain changes ( hills or rivers etc) and only move on flat terrain. The same could work for buildings. Trees would be harder. Maybe make the tree hitbox larger for the boars and also give trees a small knockback against boars.

Another solution may be to make them auto unstuck ( teleport a few meters to the side but has to be flat terrain.) whenever they stoped moving in a radius of X meters for Y ammont of time.

Tofyzer likes this

1 hour ago, Millz said:

Feedback from playing crowfall in short format.

Game as a whole:

- Needs more background music and zone area music.

- Combat is nearly there. Just needs to be more fluid.

- Movement was weird. Jumping while running was really off didnt feel fluid. Strafing left to right while in combat was not fluid. But strafing left to right when out of combat was fluid.

- I feel as the game as a whole does not feel fluid yet. If you know what I mean think of warhammer online. I loved that fluid combat.

Bugs:

- Alot of monster NPC bugs including: NPC pathing issues due to certain obstacles. NPC's on the hills were totally bugged and didnt move at all. NPC combat was very wonky and took time to find me while engaged in combat.

- Alot of Character skill bugs such as: Ability CD timers were bugged. Ability animations were bugged when used. When using an ability when moving the ability would bug out.

Note: I know this is pre-alpha and the bugs are everywhere.

Crafting:

- Crafting is awesome. Only thing I didnt like was the stamina drain I felt it was too much of a stamina consume when used. Maybe tone it down alot or take it away. IMO you should remove the stamina drain as we already have durability in the crafting tools.

- Im not a huge fan of the 3 confirmation windows when you craft an item. Maybe reduce to 2. e.g you make an item. then you experiment and then it goes straight to your pack upon completion.

- Crafting UI could use a big facelift as it feels bland and boring. Crafting should be fun and fascinating when you create something. Give us some special effects when making something new. like come on we just made a gold bar out of gold ore! that level of excitement is what the UI of the crafting reward system is needed.

Classes:

- I only played a few but I loved them all and I hope the art style and the character models look awesome at launch.

- More character voice lines when just hitting normally or cutting trees or just random talking to itself. That would be nice to hear. Or voicelines when the character sees Ore or A monster or even talks about the weather. It just makes it feel more like a MMO if these small minor things are added in.

Final thoughts:

Crowfall is a lovely MMO and could be HUGE if done right. The game is on the right path in my eyes and if they get all the bug fixes and make sure combat is FLUID! im sure this game will be a big contender. Please add more background music such as ambient noises or wind blowing or birds chirping as it adds a level of involvement to the world of Crowfall. Also Im interested in playing the forge master and the stalker classes. Cant wait to try Crowfall again next week. Thank you for letting me test.

Omg.

Please no background music or character voices. In this game actual noise is everything.

if you make too much noise your dead.

if you can't hear environmental noises your dead.

if you aren't listening intently to environmental noises you are prey or at least you aren't a predator.

in shadowbane and or dark fall if you made a noise at the wrong time your own group or guild would kill you....

Positonal sound is one thing in this game that is working well.

narsille, Hithar, Nivhawk and 2 others like this

Only tested building this time. Thanks for fixing that. Can confirm all the other building bugs in this thread. Anyways, i have to repeat some of them.

Not beeing able to restack used building parts under some circumstances is a real problem. I had up to three different stacks of the same item, i couldn't combine: the original unused item stack and two seperate stacks that wouldn't combine with each other or the original stack. I had to place random socks somewhere several times to be able to rebuild some of my stuff (full inventory and spirit bank, what should i do).

A reclaim-it-all button that G's all self-owned building parts of a parcel or world (or these parts peing highlighted on a map) would be nice. There is no way to monitor where you did built. Especially when it comes to joint building. You have to check every effing single building part to find your own again and reclaim them.

Positioning can be a pain. I would vote for a way to freeze the camera like it works with combat (alt), enabling you to move the building parts with your keys alone, without the viewpoint changing.

I was able to redeem parcels. But though being Pre-Alpha 2, i had no access to any 'Enter Kingdom' button. So i wasn't able to test that. Maybe a bug?

There are still this wall jumping issues that surely will become a problem when it comes to sieging. I don't have the time to make a video now, but i already captured one of the issues a long time ago, so it's, uhm, just a matter of time. But since there seems to be a new problem with single wall jumping and both might be connected, it might make sense to mention it, too. And since you just said that exploiting is officially forbidden, i feel free to explain it here.

Old wall jumping: You can climb any wall by just using 2-3 characters, trying to jump at the same place of a walls base (to say: try to jump on the back of each other - sometimes you will fall down - don't care, just go on jumping). If they all hit jump and forward repeatedly, at some point 1-2 will be elevated high enough to end at the top of the wall.

New wall jumping: If you stand at a walls base and hit jump and forward at a specific place/angle, you will be elevated step by step onto the top of the wall. It doesn't work always, but i have dozens of jumps on video. It seems that the place itself is not so important, but the angle and the movement. I seemed to have the highest chance to wall-jump if, while pressing forward and jumping, i changed the characters left/right direction with the mouse shortly after jumping. There is a failsafe wall-jump chance when two independend walls meet in a sharp angle and you jump at their junction point in a specific angle (30°?), nearly but not completely parallel to one of the walls (~5°?). 

Intended(?) wall jumping: I guess it is intended, that you can jump a building part if it has been built onto your character, so you can come back into the world. In the end it would make more sense, if the character would be moved sidewards. Though it's a nice shortcut to get back onto your wall. Especially since connecting wall parts is much more easier, when the character is on top.

I built an octagonal keep with three walls around it on one single parcel. That consumed nearly all of the 99 building slots. I really don't think these slot number restrictions are really huge. And i didn't experience any larger lags, no matter how much building parts sorrounded me. Maybe due to less fighting a higher limit in the eternal kingdoms would add to the coolness factor of kingdoms.

The main buildings are really, really huge. Don't know yet how this can work with the given walls and wall restrictions. I really fear that the parcels will look just too tiny, compared to these buildings.

Skilltree broken?

I have trained in excavation. I was about to start point: Amazing Pick and the pre-points have been deleted, like i haven't trained them. Known issue?

Leather is the biggest issue. I'm fine with no chests. But... not near enough mob camps to efficiently harvest leather. With a +35 knife, only grey, white and the very rare occasional green leather seem available. There are plenty of woodland groves, ore and stone nodes, the map sets are littered with them. More pigs and cats please.

coolwaters and Xenotor like this

1. Templar - The Templar has received some significant nerfs this weekend. The loss of the uber healing from Intercession was a big hit. Divine Light was not buffed back to the point mentioned in the previous week's Patch Notes (where standing in the area after the 1st tick would melt your face). Please bump up the damage in DL on the later ticks of the pool. Also, put Intercession back to 5% instead of 2% (which is what the node originally said even though it was giving 500%). The #5 really doesn't add anything to the class. I'd like to see its duration doubled or even tripled and then it might be worth the investment. I'm fine with the Templar "C" having a combat build up (unlike most other C powers).
  2. Champion - Good additions but still too squishy. I liked other posters suggestion that the heal from UW1 and UW2 also have a health boost. I'd also like to see adding some HPs from skills on the Champion tree (by around 10k hps total). Also, reduce the damage build up required for the C power by 75%.
  3. Duelist - The C power is still the major problem with the Duelist. Its an essential power that needs to be available much earlier in an engagement. If you won't make the burrowing power available during combat, then cut the amount of damage needed to power the C in half in not by 75%. You still have a recast timer to prevent overuse.
  4. Legionnaire - The C power is fine here (unlike the rest of them). The 1 needs help. The 5 should stack with Trailblazer. The Legio should get a shield power. Overall, the Legio just needs to be more fun to play and you should give him more reasons to get into the scrum.
  5. Myrmidon - I like a lot about the Myrm but the defining power still needs help. PLEASE lengthen Berserk to 16s and put the recast timer at 60s. I don't want Berserk up all the time...but I do want it to be effective when it is up.
  6. Ranger - Reduce the damage build up required for the C power here by 50%.  Fix the other bugs here and see what's left.
  7. Knight - Reduce the damage build up required for the c power by 50% and do something to make it more impactful.
  8. Confessor - I like where the Confessor is here, although I again don't like the build up for the C. Cut it by 50%.
  9. Druid - Cut the C power build up required by 75%.
krevra, PaleOne, coolwaters and 1 other like this

A few Druid issues I encountered in the short time I had to play can be seen in this video, examples of Blink Failures, Gaea's Wail misfires and off-reticle firing and the getting stuck in a tree and taking large amounts of fall damage from a short height when blinking down. I have yet to have a single bug-free fight in all of Pre-Alpha on Druid which is a shame, though that may be true for others on different ATs as well so I don't know if that's something to complain about or not...

Druid has not had a positive change in months (some bug fixes though thankfully, the Tray Bounce and the Blink Bug were fixed, replaced by the Blink Rubberband) while other ATs have seen attention, maybe a token improvement of some kind - would be appreciated.

Nivhawk likes this