Pann

Building in Builderworld - Official discussion thread

27 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, makkon said:

we can build only inside EK, right? I mean using builder interface, using parsels, walls, castles, houses etc.

can some1 explain me cuz ppl asking and I actually don't know answer: what does this buildings for? only for aesthetic feelings? or to simulate our own sandbox contractual battles (I saw somethere what we can turn pvp on and invite ppl to EK and fight)

ontop of this question, most of the times there will be pve only rules in EK. for what all those walls?

OR devs planed to add possibility to owners (empreror for example) build limited buildings around points of interests inside PVP campaigns?

You can build in campaigns just like you can in EKs; however, you must import the raw materials or harvest them from within the CW in order to construct the deeds (unlike EKs where we can purchase buildings from the store).

Edited by Nivhawk

Very nice sneak peak into placement of deeds and how modular the system is. This will be fantastic, not just for EKs but for CWs as well. Which brings me to a few questions...

1. I assume that all deeds you are presently using will be craftable by players in both the EKs and CWs. Do you plan on the Stonemasons being only able to craft the stone walls, towers, etc. while the Woodworkers will be able to craft the wooden palisades, forts and houses?
  2. Presently, we have stone being harvestable from stone nodes in game. We also have quarries at POI. Do you envision that a castle can be constructed by a player or group of players through either just harvesting stone nodes or do you plan on structures requiring such large quantities of stone as to require control of a quarry?
  3. Can you give us an idea as to how much stone (or in the case of a palisade, wood) is required to craft one of the deeds shown in the demonstration?
  4. Presently, walls can be scaled by jumping near them. I see that you presently have collision detection turned off on gates. No houses presently have doors. Denying access to a structure is critical for combat/security/sieging/etc. Can you explain you plan to address this issue?
  5. Stonemasons currently train experimentation nodes. Are you planning on building deeds being of different qualities like other craftable items? ie purple quality gates vs green quality towers vs white quality walls? Will that quality be reflected in the walls hps and therefore the ease of destruction?
  6. Will Stonemasons be able to repair walls during sieges?
Anthrage likes this

13 hours ago, makkon said:

we can build only inside EK, right? I mean using builder interface, using parsels, walls, castles, houses etc.

can some1 explain me cuz ppl asking and I actually don't know answer: what does this buildings for? only for aesthetic feelings? or to simulate our own sandbox contractual battles (I saw somethere what we can turn pvp on and invite ppl to EK and fight)

ontop of this question, most of the times there will be pve only rules in EK. for what all those walls?

OR devs planed to add possibility to owners (empreror for example) build limited buildings around points of interests inside PVP campaigns?

More information will be shared soon. Right now we know housing can be used to place crafting station which are needed for some crafting stuff.. Also houses will the option to place a "thrall" which can do tasks for you like selling your items to other players. All items which can be bought in the shop can only be used in EK's!

15 minutes ago, Daddie said:

More information will be shared soon. Right now we know housing can be used to place crafting station which are needed for some crafting stuff.. Also houses will the option to place a "thrall" which can do tasks for you like selling your items to other players. All items which can be bought in the shop can only be used in EK's!

ye, but still. ok, we can place crafting stations, some of the npc traders for example. but for what those walls?

there should be some decent motivation to place it except casual show off

Just now, makkon said:

ye, but still. ok, we can place crafting stations, some of the npc traders for example. but for what those walls?

there should be some decent motivation to place it except casual show off

Well they mentioned that you are able to enable PvP in your EK. Walls are a good way to keep the victims from running away ;)

On 3/21/2017 at 2:12 PM, Eaden said:

I arrived too late to be able to troll and ask serious questions at the same time.

So I did troll, but forgot to ask a question.

So far, we have nice walls, etc. But I was wondering about the possibility to have them display flags, or blazons, or carpentry, showing the color of the alignment / faction / guild owning the building (either in EK and / or campaign) from afar, with the ability to not show it in campaign for strategic purposes.

Trying to find a pic that would give an idea (just found that, but well...):

8a8a1a90ed64135cd20c69b5d2f73876.jpg

Reminds me of a D&D game where the I had a Paladin leave his castle in the care of a rather mischievous elf friend (PC) who turned the thing into an orphanage complete with slides and kid art doodles on all the walls while he was out adventuring, just so he could pick up women.

The moral consternation's he had with losing his castle to orphans was very entertaining.