goose

Can we all just agree...

10 posts in this topic

That this forum probably has the best profanity filter I've seen? xD Not because it catches the most stuff or anything. Just on the pure metric of how often I laugh when I see what it did to my posts.

chancellor, Jjohnsin, mal and 5 others like this

I think it's pretty funny some of the stuff that comes out.

When Tully (or Pann? forget who did it) trolled one of the community members by changing the word carebear to his name.... that was glorious.

Edited by destrin
goose and ChosenofCastle like this

Best part was when it was first introduced, all the super hardcore, super serious, forumbane duders hated it. "How dare you not allow us to openly be jerks!"

Now its just a thing thats part of the community, but yeah its been pretty awesome, IMO.

goose and Destrin like this

On 3/23/2017 at 11:06 AM, pang said:

Best part was when it was first introduced, all the super hardcore, super serious, forumbane duders hated it. "How dare you not allow us to openly be jerks!"

Now its just a thing thats part of the community, but yeah its been pretty awesome, IMO.

Or a lot of those people left or just don't bother posting. I'm still not sure whether I like the profanity filter and other strict rules, but your argument implies a cadre of super serious hardcore forumbaners all had a negative opinion and now accept it, but in fact I think they just aren't here at all.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:52 PM, Holyvigil said:

I assumed he meant they all left and agree that its been pretty awesome, IMO.

Yep, they all left because the forums weren't going to be a lawless wild west like they wanted. Don't want to re-hash as its all been stated before but yeah that's pretty much it.

On 3/22/2017 at 10:57 AM, destrin said:

I think it's pretty funny some of the stuff that comes out.

When Tully (or Pann? forget who did it) trolled one of the community members by changing the word carebear to his name.... that was glorious.

I miss Tully. The filter is probably my #1 thing about these forums. I was wondering if it still worked after the upgrade. :D

chancellor, goose and mythx like this

On 3/25/2017 at 2:52 PM, Holyvigil said:

I assumed he meant they all left and agree that its been pretty awesome, IMO.

lol ... I suppose you should take your victories where you can get them.