presharrison

Horrible!!

87 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, yoink said:

The possibility is there. Still a lot to be revealed. Maybe passive training adds no real choice. That's fine if these other things do.

This is a great point, hopefully your other guildmates have come to understand this as well. 

IHeartFargo and pang like this

1 hour ago, armegeddon said:

If the OP cannot see the degree for customization is much greater in Crowfall than Shadowbane, well then It's because he doesn't want to see it. L

I don't think this conclusion is accurate. In SB you had direct control over both your stats and your skills. There were hundreds of choices to make in the stats and dozens of choices to make in the skills for each character. That would be multiplied by the number of choices made in discipline, bass class, class, etcetera.

Then you had wildly diverse gear options.

I agree with Yoink and I'm very hopeful that there can still be meaningful character-building for Crowfall. We currently don't have any, really, and I'm anxious to see what it looks like when it comes. 

IHeartFargo and armegeddon like this

1 hour ago, coolster50 said:

They aren't moving away from promotions, per se; they said that they'll see what's left for promotions after Disciplines 

Yeah they took stuff from promotions to make Disciplines better and deeper. So now maybe Promotions will be better and deeper as well once they re-evaluate and re-do them.

35 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

I don't think this conclusion is accurate. In SB you had direct control over both your stats and your skills. There were hundreds of choices to make in the stats and dozens of choices to make in the skills for each character. That would be multiplied by the number of choices made in discipline, bass class, class, etcetera.

Then you had wildly diverse gear options.

I agree with Yoink and I'm very hopeful that there can still be meaningful character-building for Crowfall. We currently don't have any, really, and I'm anxious to see what it looks like when it comes. 

I may be wrong in this assumption, but I was under the belief that we will be able to add and subtract starting stats at creation as well as manipulate through starting trait runes, which is a carbon copy of SB's character creation (pic provided). I guess the difference would be in SB there was a cap on available training points, you had to make choices, where here there is no real limit.. just time. 

I'll argue the point though all day on gear options. You were restricted on gear to class, and resource or not (def or 4/4/2). You couldn't gear a mage in plate.  The weapon crafting though I will cede. Procs, damage and speed mods were great (Though procs were useless other than small scale/candy). There were tons of art models as well, though most were useless (And almost all were sub-optimal thanks to glass patch changes)

I know it is just my opinion, but "IF" they make the promotion classes significant (39 combos) and "IF" the 150 Disc runes are all useful and pose significant choices to AT makeup, well to me that's more than SB gave us where half the classes and races and disciplines were largely relegated to the trash heap due to obvious balance issues.

On a side note, this is also me being hopeful that the "ATs" will be balanced. Not balanced in regards to each other, but balanced as in having a viable role in the campaigns. In otherwords, I don't want CF to become all Minos and Myrms at sieges and all Assassins and Stalkers in the open field.

Image result for crowfall archetype creation pics

Edited by armegeddon
mythforger and IHeartFargo like this

I am really disapoint that u cant have male adn female toon for some classes i mean why only female Templar ?! another thing is that u can bind any keys ?! i want to bind my movement and attack keys and of course change UI setings make it smaller or bigger or anrange some things in UI ..

9 minutes ago, ZeulSaijin said:

I am really disapoint that u cant have male adn female toon for some classes i mean why only female Templar ?! another thing is that u can bind any keys ?! i want to bind my movement and attack keys and of course change UI setings make it smaller or bigger or anrange some things in UI ..

every humanoid archetype will have male or female option.

templar example:

Crowfall_MaleTemplarConcept.jpg

Edited by drunk