TJB0ND

I was just wondering...

17 posts in this topic

Before I ask this I want to point out that I am well aware that crowfall is a pvp game and part of that risk vs reward system is one of the core foundations this game is built on. With that said I want to paint a picture for you all and ask how do you feel about it. You and your guild have spent six months gather all the materials you need to pimp out w/e character you are playing. You are full legendary gear, vessel, weapons, discipline the works. You get ready for an to charge head first into a CW, sadly though the Gods were not with you this day for you get killed within five minutes of entering the CW and what makes it worst is the murder loots all your cool epic stuff you spent half a year getting. All of the crafting, gathering, etc.  all gone in a flash. How do you feel about this?

If I decided to put on my fancy gear and charge blindly into a situation, oh well. Seems less about risk vs reward and simply playing poorly.

Knowing the little I do about rulesets, seems likely that a CW that allowed one to bring in a bunch of good gear would also be faction based, have soft loot rules, and not have log in spots held down by enemies. But who knows at this point.

Frykka and Xenotor like this

At first I'd be pretty upset, both at myself and the killer.
But I'd turn that anger around.
I'd contact the finest sword smith in the land, reenact this scene and then embark on my quest for vengeance.

Edited by Groovin
soulein and LordBinz like this

Don't create a situation where you lose something that you can't afford to lose.  I don't think in import campaigns you will instantly spawn with everything you imported, perhaps you will have to pull it out of an embargo vault.

Svenn likes this

5 hours ago, TJB0ND said:

1) You and your guild have spent six months gather all the materials you need to pimp out w/e character you are playing.

2) You are full legendary gear, vessel, weapons, discipline the works.

3) you get killed within five minutes, murder loots all your cool epic stuff you spent half a year getting.

4) All of the crafting, gathering, etc.  all gone in a flash. How do you feel about this?

Just to break it down. This is only opinion of course.

1) I am hoping servers last this long (6-9 mos would be my preference), but yes gathering, mining, farming, skinning, grave digging, it's gonna be custard "Farmville". Necessary evil. If you don't farm, you won't win..period ... next.

2) At first, NO ONE will have said gear. No one will be trained. It'll largely be "Slag Wars". By the second and third campaigns, you may be getting gear you would really rather not lose. But OK, Fast forward...next

3) Well... this goes back to "Farmville". If you have a good community of faithful Bolsheviks that all do their part and contribute, you and your comrades can enjoy a wealth of blueprinted armor, weapons, discs, vessels et al from the state owned factories!

4) The faster your commune organizes and has everyone specializing to contribute, the faster you will reach your goal of World Domination/Subjugation. These efforts will greatly be enhanced by purchasing of multiple accounts to allow for training among multiple skill lines and Archetypes. 

General thought. Gear will be Guild driven. If you are not planning on playing within a group/guild setting, this game will be very hard for you, at least if you're planning to play on a rule set that is FFA/Full loot. I'm anticipating "Top tier gear" will be used selectively in a group setting. You're not (Or at least I wouldn't be) going out solo ganking in orange/purple gear. 

The relationship between the Guild and it's individual membership needs to be symbiotic to have true success. If you have a guild of people that refuse to farm, and just want to PvP all day, they will ultimately fail. Everyone has to give to feed the machine, some will give more some will give less. From each according to their ability, to each according to his need. If you choose a good community and you do your part to contribute, gear should never be an issue.

Frykka, Wrathmane and IHeartFargo like this

6 hours ago, TJB0ND said:

Before I ask this I want to point out that I am well aware that crowfall is a pvp game and part of that risk vs reward system is one of the core foundations this game is built on. With that said I want to paint a picture for you all and ask how do you feel about it. You and your guild have spent six months gather all the materials you need to pimp out w/e character you are playing. You are full legendary gear, vessel, weapons, discipline the works. You get ready for an to charge head first into a CW, sadly though the Gods were not with you this day for you get killed within five minutes of entering the CW and what makes it worst is the murder loots all your cool epic stuff you spent half a year getting. All of the crafting, gathering, etc.  all gone in a flash. How do you feel about this?

I'd feel like a custard idiot..

If I spent six month's doing my best to excel at something and then got revealed as utterly and completely incompetent, I would probably find something else to do with my time.  

With this said and done, better to discover this after sixth months than after three years...

Oh wait, are you suggesting that the Crowfall developers should string people along and hide the fact that they are incompetent as to squeeze more blood out of the stone?

Well like the great Mike Tyson once said "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face".

Seriously though I would think its a bit of an exaggeration to think it'll take that long to gear up and based on the ruleset you are playing on you'll be gearing up during the CW along side building your bases, cities and claiming territory. So there really isn't any kind of build up phase, then you start playing. In CF everyone starts off the same.

10 hours ago, TJB0ND said:

You ain't getting to all that fancy legendary gear without having fought and won in tough CW first, unless you spend months and months farming your EK for dust to buy it from others who have, if they will sell it to you.

You also may not be importing that fancy gear into a CW regardless. 

You also should not step out into a CW with full loot rules your first time around if you are worried about your stuff.

If you do all these very stupid things, as there is no way I would ever make those kinds of mistakes, then I frankly don't care how you feel about it.

You made the mistake, you live with it and learn, or don't and rage quit and move on to a softer game.

This sounds like a situation that is highly unlikely to me. We don't know the import/export rules yet, but we do know the more dangerous (ie dregs) worlds will have very minimal imports. We don't know whether it'll be gear or resources or what, either.

That being said, this isn't really a game of "spend 6 months farming for that one perfect set of gear". It's a game of constantly cycling through gear. Even if you don't die and lose it, it'll decay and get destroyed anyway. Really, gear is meant to be expendable in a way. And you are expected to be constantly working on creating new gear all the time. It's not a one time thing or even an occasional thing. It's one of the main things you do.

32 minutes ago, Svenn said:

This sounds like a situation that is highly unlikely to me. We don't know the import/export rules yet, but we do know the more dangerous (ie dregs) worlds will have very minimal imports. We don't know whether it'll be gear or resources or what, either.

That being said, this isn't really a game of "spend 6 months farming for that one perfect set of gear". It's a game of constantly cycling through gear. Even if you don't die and lose it, it'll decay and get destroyed anyway. Really, gear is meant to be expendable in a way. And you are expected to be constantly working on creating new gear all the time. It's not a one time thing or even an occasional thing. It's one of the main things you do.

Exactly! which also means you will have your older sets that you keep for more dangerous missions, scouting and rando skirmishing.  Your best set is for the key important fights that move the team closer to the goal.  With production methods within an established guild there should be plenty of common and uncommon gear to go around, the special pieces and vessels going to those who show wise use of them.  Too much caution in battle can be deadly for the group, taking quality gear into a battle where full loot rulesets is an all or nothing affair, it will make those POI control fights and sieges far more strategically valuable if you also get to pick the dead of good gears.

10 hours ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

You ain't getting to all that fancy legendary gear without having fought and won in tough CW first, unless you spend months and months farming your EK for dust to buy it from others who have, if they will sell it to you.

You also may not be importing that fancy gear into a CW regardless. 

You also should not step out into a CW with full loot rules your first time around if you are worried about your stuff.

If you do all these very stupid things, as there is no way I would ever make those kinds of mistakes, then I frankly don't care how you feel about it.

You made the mistake, you live with it and learn, or don't and rage quit and move on to a softer game.

Pretty much this I and alot of the players that came here are wanting exactly this type of game, there is a reason for different rulesets. if your new to full loot pvp your first few CW should be the lower risk ones to get used to the game and once your a little more confident and ready come play with the big dogs. I have been dying for pvp loot without getting penalized for doing it since shadowbane and ultima died. I can't wait to take my first legendary item from someone that spent all that time making and the hate whispers that follows. I also can't wait to loose items to a good fight that had my heart racing and my adrenaline pumping.

My favorite aspect of Shadowbane was the ability to kill someone, take their stuff, follow them home, kill their friends, take THEIR stuff, and then burn their homes to the ground... and then them do the same back to me.

The loosing gear thing will only be an issue if there is some sort of super rare special mega awesome FC gear... everything else I've seen implies that the gear is not the most important thing in the world and it will be fairly easy to come by.

...I don't really even see how this is possible in the first place. The only world bands where you can lose a full outfit of legendary gear in 5 minutes are also the ones that won't let you import any of it. Too many problems with this logical exercise - not sure where to start.

But in the pure hypothetical, I agree with narsille. I'd feel like an idiot if I was dumb enough to somehow manage this.

5 hours ago, goose said:

...I don't really even see how this is possible in the first place. The only world bands where you can lose a full outfit of legendary gear in 5 minutes are also the ones that won't let you import any of it. Too many problems with this logical exercise - not sure where to start.

Wrong.

ACE has stated a few times that the amount of imports, rulesets, exports, and any other changeable aspect of a CW can and will be changed between CWs and that those options are not in any way restricted by bands. They even said there will be dregs worlds that DO have some imports, weather or not its full import or just a small amount is up to how much they want to tweak it. So saying that a person cant lose a set of imported gear on inner ring CWs is a false statement. But even then, if the person ran into a dangerous CW like that with said gear there is already a layer of something wrong with their thought processes OR they are really confident in their abilities (which will inevitably bite them in the arse)

2 minutes ago, ShadowwBoi13 said:

Wrong.

ACE has stated a few times that the amount of imports, rulesets, exports, and any other changeable aspect of a CW can and will be changed between CWs and that those options are not in any way restricted by bands. They even said there will be dregs worlds that DO have some imports, weather or not its full import or just a small amount is up to how much they want to tweak it. So saying that a person cant lose a set of imported gear on inner ring CWs is a false statement. But even then, if the person ran into a dangerous CW like that with said gear there is already a layer of something wrong with their thought processes OR they are really confident in their abilities (which will inevitably bite them in the arse)

I was exaggerating slightly for dramatic effect, but it's also been said that the only full-loot campaigns would be on The Dregs world band. Dunno if that's still true or will still be true in the future, but if you have contradictory information, I could very well be wrong.

That said, we seem to be in agreement that anyone who manages this feat of astonishing stupidity deserves it.

Edit: also, I do vaguely remember them saying that The Dregs might have limited imports. I don't remember them specifically saying the opposite since the Kickstarter, and obviously a lot has changed since then.

Edited by goose
IHeartFargo likes this

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:17 PM, TJB0ND said:

How I feel?  Don't be stupid if you play stupidly good for you.  Need a cupcake?

If they are worried about  massive inflation in the economy just make a dregs with wide open import. People flock to get the good stuff, all die 1000 times and all that gear is now gone.