TJB0ND

I was just wondering...

27 posts in this topic

What is the gear like in Crowfall anyways? Is there some elite tier gear like for example legendaries in WoW? Or is there a low gear ceiling like Guild Wars 1 and 2? And what about cosmetic looks of weapons, thinking about legendaries in Guild Wars 2 for example.

6 hours ago, Spectaclus said:

What is the gear like in Crowfall anyways? Is there some elite tier gear like for example legendaries in WoW? Or is there a low gear ceiling like Guild Wars 1 and 2? And what about cosmetic looks of weapons, thinking about legendaries in Guild Wars 2 for example.

The gear is tiered, based on what quality of resources are used to make the items.  Start with white quality materials > white quality item.  At the moment, it goes White/Green /Blue/Purple/Orange - The higher the tier, the better the base stats on the item, and the more bonuses that can be added by the crafter.  All gear is player crafted.  It would be a very long post indeed to write out all the details, but that's the jist of it.

I'd imagine there are a number of changes come to the actual equipment, so it is too early to answer some of those other Qs, but all the equipment will wear out and need to be replaced, so there won't be things like legendary weapons, etc. 

1 hour ago, Izalea said:

The gear is tiered, based on what quality of resources are used to make the items.  Start with white quality materials > white quality item.  At the moment, it goes White/Green /Blue/Purple/Orange - The higher the tier, the better the base stats on the item, and the more bonuses that can be added by the crafter.  All gear is player crafted.  It would be a very long post indeed to write out all the details, but that's the jist of it.

I'd imagine there are a number of changes come to the actual equipment, so it is too early to answer some of those other Qs, but all the equipment will wear out and need to be replaced, so there won't be things like legendary weapons, etc. 

Ah thanks for the input. I wonder just how far apart those different colored tiers are and how hard it would be to acquire for example the highest tier (orange). My asking is because I wonder how much emphasis they are putting on individual player skill and group coordination skills compared to gear/equipment (time invested essentially).

Are there any posts where they talk more in-depth about gear? Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, Spectaclus said:

At the moment it's like neither of them. Anyone can wear any armor. Our vessels are limited till we research the ability to use better qualities, so that might be a thing they add later. Truth, I prefer the way things are right now in the way of anyone being able to wear any armor,

As was just said, there is no gear dropped by mobs so farming for that one piece won't be a problem. Farming other players for gear though... That's a thing now.

9 minutes ago, Spectaclus said:

Ah thanks for the input. I wonder just how far apart those different colored tiers are and how hard it would be to acquire for example the highest tier (orange). My asking is because I wonder how much emphasis they are putting on individual player skill and group coordination skills compared to gear/equipment (time invested essentially).

Are there any posts where they talk more in-depth about gear? Thanks in advance.

Getting orange materials will not be easy. It'll depend on skills the harvesters have learned and a lot of luck. It can even depend on the type of gear the harvester is wearing.

Greys can be found in the (mostly) PvE area called the Eternal Kingdoms. White is the most common. I'm sure @anhrezcf or @Tinnis has a breakdown of the % chances to get each color. If not, that's something they might be interested in putting together. (Although these percentages are subject o a lot of a changes since it's pre-alpha)

Edited by kraege

4 minutes ago, Spectaclus said:

Outside of being in testing and using the crafting UI (which it seems you'll have access to once the test servers go up on the weekend), I think the best resource will be here: https://crowfall.com/en/faq/economy/

The devs have stated that the power curve will be fairly shallow, so having better gear definitely doesn't guarantee you a "win" and player skill/group mechanics will play a very large role.  

20 minutes ago, Spectaclus said:

The gear curve is pretty shallow, and crafting being the way it is, it's entirely possible to make Purple gear as good as, or better than, orange gear, or orange gear as good (err terrible?) as blue gear.