Seriouw

Skill Training Limited to one in Archetype Training

5 posts in this topic

I got through the first Node of Training in the Templar tree and was all set to get the connected three nodes training at the same time. 

But it looks like we are unable to train multiple nodes in an Archetype at one time.

By design or Bug?

Was looking forward to getting good at one class ;).

That is by design. From the Skills FAQ:

5. HOW MANY SKILLS CAN I TRAIN AT ONCE?

A standard Crowfall account may train one general and one archetype skill concurrently at any time. A Crowfall account that has VIP status (through the use of a VIP ticket that was purchased, gifted or traded) may train one general and three different archetype skills at any time. (See below for a description of ‘general’ versus ‘archetype’ skills.)

Please note that you have to spread the three skills across three different archetypes; you cannot train multiple skills in the same archetype skill tree at one time. The reason for this limitation is to ensure that VIP status offers more options versus non-VIP, but not more power.  VIP members do not get an advantage in general skills, but they DO have the benefits of having more variety in the archetypes they can readily play.

Edited by Jah
Kraahk likes this

Ok, English isn't my first language so please be patient with me. I find all of this very complicated when explained in English. :unsure:

Now, someone with a VIP status may train three different archtypes skill trees.

1. But they cannot use the best of of those three trees on one and the same vessel and/or crow. True? i.e. as a Ranger I cannot use Confessor skills....

2. So...you have to play these three arch types one at the time? But I have only one crow and skills are bound (English?) to the crow, not to the vessel....I thought????

3. Or do you "save" different archtypes to different vessels?    

Is there someone who wants to try to explain this to me in "English for dummies"? :P Thanks :D

52 minutes ago, Padriolas said:

Ok, English isn't my first language so please be patient with me. I find all of this very complicated when explained in English. :unsure:

Now, someone with a VIP status may train three different archtypes skill trees.

1. But they cannot use the best of of those three trees on one and the same vessel and/or crow. True? i.e. as a Ranger I cannot use Confessor skills....

2. So...you have to play these three arch types one at the time? But I have only one crow and skills are bound (English?) to the crow, not to the vessel....I thought????

3. Or do you "save" different archtypes to different vessels?    

Is there someone who wants to try to explain this to me in "English for dummies"? :P Thanks :D

Vessels can be seen as bodies you possess. The crow spirit is where your skill training is saved.

The crow can train any skill (The VIP lets you train three archetypes AT THE SAME TIME) but you can only use a skill from the confessor skill tree  when using a confessor vessel and the same for others. The skills from the general skill trees (CRAFTING, COMBAT AND EXPLORATION) can be used in any vessel.

Even though you can only play one vessel at time there is no problem swapping them if you want to, just go for a temple.

I think the cause of your doubts is that you think that we can only train 3 archetypes skill trees, but VIP only means that you can train faster (3 at same time).

If you dont understand something or if you think my explanation sucks just say so, english also isnt my main language so i know its confusing in the start.

Edited by BarriaKarl
Kraahk likes this