TJB0ND

How do you feel about the Assassin

9 posts in this topic

I always knew I would play a stealth based class in this game, just didnt know which out of the 3 I would pick. I really enjoy the idea of the little hambone guy burrowing underground. Now we got our first look at the Assassin kit and I am pretty sure that this is gonna be the AT for me. So how does the rest of my Assassin feel about the reveal?

I'm sold. Duelist is underwhelming right now, though I feel it might warrant another look once we see some disciplines come online. Once you can intermingle the Assassin powers with Duelist, it might make it worthwhile.

goose likes this

I want to have a ranged Duelist that duel wields pistols, but Assassin will probably be my main.

There is only two stealth ATs...   the third is the reveal/tracker, the chaser and killer, the Stalker, and it will be one of my mains because, yes, stealth is annoying and I will find and kill every last one.   Clear?

Mr.Kurtz, goose and pang like this

I know this is beating a dead horse but i really am disappointed that we have another Pips archetype. Even though all three archetypes dont overlap this still is a big factor, it is one of those stuff that define how you play them.

To be fair i dont mind Pips in the assassin 'cuz it kind of fit, but when two archetypes releases in a row dont bring too much to the table (Stealth dont count because this is the bread and butter of assassins) it really cuts down on my hype...

Teufel likes this

I'm completely happy with the Assassin presented. Iv'e always loved playing my Rogue in WoW, so i'm comfortable and happy with a pip system, and the feel the assassin seems to be going for (with a vanilla rogue). All that waits to be seen are the numbers associated with these abilities. I've been on the Assassin Hypetrain since Day 1

Edited by tigari
coolwaters likes this

It does feel a lot like the WoW rogue (build up pips to get nasty combos off, usually initiated from stealth in hopes of killing the enemy before they can do much).  The double jump/flying is a nice touch.  Granted, I really liked the WoW rogue so having another like it is fine with me.  We will have disciplines to mix things up so it won't feel exactly the same.

I do hope you are not slowed too much when in stealth

On 4/22/2017 at 2:36 PM, Frykka said:

There is only two stealth ATs...   the third is the reveal/tracker, the chaser and killer, the Stalker, and it will be one of my mains because, yes, stealth is annoying and I will find and kill every last one.   Clear?

How could you? Stealth is a lifestyle choice. This means war!

Edited by TJB0ND