Pann

Fri, May 19 - Sun, May 21: Bugs, anomalies and tech issues feedback

83 posts in this topic

EDIT: This thread has been locked since we received sufficient data from the mid-week snap test. A new topic has been opened for actual weekend build feedback here.

If you encountered a bug, technical problem or other anomaly during the snaptest, please post about it here. Remember to be as descriptive as possible.

According to the patch notes:

• Set Runecaster discipline abilities to be usable by anyone instead of just casters.

I still can't equip the Rune Caster abilities on a Templar.

• Removed the Pip cost from Templar Radiant Sweep (only the first in the combo should have a cost).

Still not working:

It says Not Enough Power Pips when casting Castigate, but let's me cast it. I am able to cast Righteous Smash, but not Radiant Sweep.

• Replaced the stat mods on Marsh Body, which fell off one day no doubt due to over-ripening in the wet weather.

Marsh Body still not working:

Jelly Skin doesn't work either.

Edited by Arkade

The In-Combat health regen statistics in the Templar tree are all off by a factor of 10. For example, the Grace skill gives a total of .1 in-combat healing regen.

General :

With the introduction of Disciplines the balance of the game is totally off (no surprise there).   Playing any class other than Champion/Legionaire/Confessor or Duelist is basically broken or nonviable.  Purely due to the kit they are given as base.  Especially their healing or cc/mobility makes them pretty much unkillable.

Druid I wont mention here purely for their ability to entirely bug out your character so you are slowed to death or makimg your movements mirrored (moving forward moves you backwards and so)

Disciplines :

A ton of options....One thing I do hate is that particularly the Bard/Troubardour takes the skill of out the game.

We dont have TAB targeting and well these builds use absolutely no skill shots/aiming to accomplish taking down multible opponents without even breaking a sweat.

With disciplines the skill required of the player  has been toned down a great deal.... Especially with the amount of "Click and Forget" abilities.

Ranger :

Sadly to say that after over 6 months of commenting on this class and testing as well as trying to help bring this class to life - my testing of her is over, till something change.  With disciplines she has become so broken that she really isnt even useful for her Zone and Suppress.

Ranger LMB Ranged tray :

All passive abilities stating they work with the LMB doesnt do so in the Rangers Ranged tray which would have been interesting.

Lastly :

Stating that you have gone over all the classes and abilities to make then standard and work - The rangers doesnt work and her kit it close to useless with things as they are.

The disciplines which work for this class are also not implemented and with no ETA on what will happen - it is very confusing as to what will happen with this class.

Edited by Soulreaver

Still getting the setting screen bug when trying to edit keybindings. F12 does nothing. Can press the back button to exit.

9K16t3S.jpg

Edited by emmgee

crafting and Harvesting potions (the pre-alpha test ones) now last 6 hours plus the normal 20/12 mins. EDIT:  The time says 6hours plus the normal, but the actual duration appears to be the normal plus about 30s.  They disappear with 5:59:30ish on the timer.

Do you even want discipline balance feedback at this point?  It feels like you ignore balance feedback entirely.

Rescue (Field Surgeon) does not work.  Riku cast it on me, I got the 600pt heal, buff came up with 12s timer, I died with 8s remaining. Video evidence.

I am getting a significant delay at logout this build.  When I exit to lobby, it pauses at the 1s until logout mark for at least 10s.  Never did that before.

The light source moves with my character, making shadows move when they shouldn't.  Very annoying.

Corpses and gravestones are not lootable, in CWs or EKs.

Confessor mana regen may not have been divided by 10.

Weapon efficiency is a problem.  Actually several problems:

• I have both weapon efficiency nodes trained giving me .06 (WTF?) weapon efficiency bonus.  The weapon finesse passive does not stack with this - it overwrites it.  Video evidence.
  • Our guild blacksmith (who has probably the best smithing in the game right now, or close enough) made me a blue mace, and the lowest weapon efficiency he can come up with is about .2 on a blue.  I know you're balancing around perfect rolls on production runs, but the weapon finesse passive can't make up for the crap quality weapon efficiency we're getting.wpneffic.jpg

I'll continue to edit this post with additional bugs all weekend.

Edited by durenthal
coolwaters likes this

Able to play and PvP just fine in EKs, had a play session of over 6 hours in my EK with no issues, but whenever I'm in one of the Worlds, I crash, and do so at an increased frequency...very strange.

Mr.Kurtz likes this

BUG

I am forced to delete the old client files and re-download the entire client from scratch with every released patch.  When starting the patcher, it says "Not enough disk space" and refuses to patch.  I have 140+ gigs of free space.  This has been a recurring problem for multiple patches now.  Clicking "repair" does nothing.  Only by removing the old files and patching the client from scratch does it work.

Edited by mourne

1 hour ago, SensesK said:

i keeping getting, 

"The game crashed.

Report folder named "2017 05-18_202868 next to game executable.

Same.  Can't get into my EK.  Not going to try to figure out disciplines on PvP servers.  So, that's it from me for a while.

Edited by untuin

1 hour ago, durenthal said:

crafting and Harvesting potions (the pre-alpha test ones) now last 6 hours plus the normal 20/12 mins.

Do you even want discipline balance feedback at this point?  It feels like you ignore balance feedback entirely.

I'll continue to edit this post with additional bugs all weekend.

17 minutes ago, Necroe said:

Druid buffs are always listed as 0s but otherwise function correctly.

Sounds like the fix to try and keep server timers and client timers more in sync to fix the Myrm Berserk UI widget has broken the buff UI widget.

@durenthal We are really focusing on what is non functional or got missed in the 10x reduction of stats. Balance stuff is much more open to interpretation.

BarriaKarl likes this

On East Scorn server I was killed and now I am stuck in crow form.  There is no option to return to temple for respawn.  If I try and leave that point in crow form I just rubberband back.  

At this point the game client now crashes after a few minutes in any CW I play receiving the same game crash popup as @SensesK

Edited by Mr. Kurtz
Anthrage likes this

2 minutes ago, Mr. Kurtz said:

On East Scorn server I was killed and now I am stuck in crow form.  There is no option to return to temple for respawn.  If I try and leave that point in crow form I just rubberband back.  

At this point the game client now crashes after a few minutes in any CW I play receiving the same game crash popup as @SensesK

Were you able to log out to lobby ? I've had this happen several times when killed but I can log out to lobby and then join the server again and it lets me release.

Mr.Kurtz likes this

23 minutes ago, Apok said:

Were you able to log out to lobby ? I've had this happen several times when killed but I can log out to lobby and then join the server again and it lets me release.

Yes.  Went to lobby and logged back in, no change.  Logged into EK and went back, no change.  Went to lobby and exited game, reopened and no change.  Just exited game and reopened no change.  Tried above options with opening from updater and no change.  Tried above options opening from .exe and no change.

i have tried everything that I can think of except reinstall (which I will do) with no change.  I do appreciate you take the time to offer insight.

Edited by Mr. Kurtz