thenebrosity

Stream Clip: Crowfall Devs response to Multi-Boxing

46 posts in this topic

I like the response, I fully plan to mulit-box; however multi-boxing is a far removal of key cloning or using hacks, which I won't be doing.  Sometimes I think that a certain subset of players think that multi-boxing is somehow cheating; it's clearly not, and confirmed by the devs.

Bloodykisses and Dondagora like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, recatek said:

I would like to see a clearer statement about keycloning between clients and whether or not it would be a rule violation.

They will likely take the same stance as pretty much every major game company (like Blizzard) that allows Key Cloning / Key Broadcasting (commonly used in Multi-Boxing) as long as it does not enter into botting / automation territory. You are technically playing each individual account manually and as such it shouldn't be against the rules.

 

 

What I'd really like a clear statement on is whether or not they will allow macros or scripts to be used in the game. If they will allow scripting or macros how much will be allowed until it's considered botting?

i.e. - Will me using my Razor Keyboard/Mouse macro keys be a bannable offense?

Dondagora likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, thenebrosity said:

i.e. - Will me using my Razor Keyboard/Mouse macro keys be a bannable offense?

Common sense would dictate that they will not consider this a bannable offense.

Leiloni likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Common sense would dictate that they will not consider this a bannable offense.

I don't know.. some of my Razor macros are pretty long.. some are 5-10 min macros. So, no common sense would not dictate their position. Couple this with Key Broadcasting and you then have a nice grey area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thenebrosity said:

I don't know.. some of my Razor macros are pretty long.. some are 5-10 min macros. So, no common sense would not dictate their position. Couple this with Key Broadcasting and you then have a nice grey area.

Common sense would dictate they are not going to try to police against built in features that come default with popular hardware brands.

betaguy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VIKINGNAIL said:

Common sense would dictate they are not going to try to police against built in features that come default with popular hardware brands.

 

sigh.. still the same forum troll as ever. - either way, I'd like to know their stance on macros / scripting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thenebrosity said:

 

sigh.. still the same forum troll as ever. - either way, I'd like to know their stance on macros / scripting.

There's a difference between macroing and botting.  Botting would be bannable, using macros while you are present and playing the game would not be.

Bloodykisses likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

There's a difference between macroing and botting.  Botting would be bannable, using macros while you are present and playing the game would not be.

I would like to get that response from the devs. Watching a movie while my macros farm works for me! XD

Edited by thenebrosity
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, thenebrosity said:

I would like to get that response from the devs. Watching a movie while my macros farm for me works for me! XD

That's all well and good, I am just sharing my feedback of what should be expected.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL
thenebrosity likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, thenebrosity said:

I would like to get that response from the devs. Watching a movie while my macros farm works for me! XD

Farm what exactly?  Resources will be limited and in areas of conflict, you'll either deplete the resources in an area very quickly or you'll likely run into opposing players who are after the same large deposits you are.  So leaving your guy to wack on an ore node for 30 minutes while you watch a movie is more than likely going to end up with you coming back to find your looted corpse after someone came along and killed you.  Unless you meant farming EK resources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jasta85 said:

Farm what exactly?  Resources will be limited and in areas of conflict, you'll either deplete the resources in an area very quickly or you'll likely run into opposing players who are after the same large deposits you are.  So leaving your guy to wack on an ore node for 30 minutes while you watch a movie is more than likely going to end up with you coming back to find your looted corpse after someone came along and killed you.  Unless you meant farming EK resources.

 

Anything that could be exploited will be exploited - might as well watch a movie while you do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait so I am Confused now?

http://www.mmorpg.com/crowfall/previews/a-triple-serving-of-awesome-1000011734

Am I now being told that (There will be "Races") and each race will be (Class Locked) rather than being able to use a single character and freely change between classes, as well as have to level up and play multiple characters? 

Like during the beta people can freely change and equip souls, but now if I am understanding this correctly (YOU CREATE A CHARACTER) like in world of warcraft, and that said character can only play certain classes?

So basically to try stuff and play a game which is supposed to be sand-box you have to basically play multiple characters do repeat quest lines and all that?

 

2 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Common sense would dictate that they will not consider this a bannable offense.

Yes but out of being curious, I went back and read the Terms & Conditions & Rules OF Conduct, although it likely states they can ban a user for any reason if I read the whole thing, it doesn't say Real Money Trading, or Botting is illegal, so I am curious to what they will do if people choose not to agree to when they slap this or Multi-Boxing being illegal, obviously I wouldn't agree to using hacks in a game or third party bots, but this should clearly be laid out already as people are already spending Real Money in this game.

I also think its important they inform people before people invest, or buy into this game what their intentions are on what I have mention above, as well as possibly things like Key Cloning, or Isboxer, not that I personally use them, and only thing I use is my Logitech Keyboard and push key macros, no automated scripts or bots of any kind, but still some might think this will be legal on release.

Edited by renoaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Renoaku; your first part about race/class locks? I'm totally confused how you understood that.

Races and Classes aren't locked at all anymore. There are "restrictions" as to what classes can be certain races (or vice versa). Previously, all classes were locked to a specific race. This is the only change.

You can still freely change your vessel nearly at anytime.

BarriaKarl likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Renoaku

Your character is a soul (crow) and you equip vessels.  These vessels are a combination of a class and race.  Races can only be combined with certain classes but since you can equip any race you can therefore equip any class.  It's just a matter of switching out vessels.  So if you have an elf druid and suddenly want to play a knight, you just go make/trade for a vessel that can have a knight class (a human for example).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, renoaku said:

Wait so I am Confused now?

http://www.mmorpg.com/crowfall/previews/a-triple-serving-of-awesome-1000011734

Am I now being told that (There will be "Races") and each race will be (Class Locked) rather than being able to use a single character and freely change between classes, as well as have to level up and play multiple characters? 

Like during the beta people can freely change and equip souls, but now if I am understanding this correctly (YOU CREATE A CHARACTER) like in world of warcraft, and that said character can only play certain classes?

So basically to try stuff and play a game which is supposed to be sand-box you have to basically play multiple characters do repeat quest lines and all that?

 

Yes but out of being curious, I went back and read the Terms & Conditions & Rules OF Conduct, although it likely states they can ban a user for any reason if I read the whole thing, it doesn't say Real Money Trading, or Botting is illegal, so I am curious to what they will do if people choose not to agree to when they slap this or Multi-Boxing being illegal, obviously I wouldn't agree to using hacks in a game or third party bots, but this should clearly be laid out already as people are already spending Real Money in this game.

I also think its important they inform people before people invest, or buy into this game what their intentions are on what I have mention above, as well as possibly things like Key Cloning, or Isboxer, not that I personally use them, and only thing I use is my Logitech Keyboard and push key macros, no automated scripts or bots of any kind, but still some might think this will be legal on release.

 

- They aren't opposed to RMT, in-fact, I think they said it was allowable (but you can't sell on the official forums) and done at your own risk.

- They are now pretty clear that multi-boxing is allowable.. I just wana know if macros and scripting will be allowed.. not even asking about botting.

Also, your concern about classes again makes it very clear that you'll want at least 2-3 accounts to "enjoy" the game.

Edited by thenebrosity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, thenebrosity said:

 

- They aren't opposed to RMT, in-fact, I think they said it was allowable (but you can't sell on the official forums) and done at your own risk.

- They are now pretty clear that multi-boxing is allowable.. I just wana know if macros and scripting will be allowed.. not even asking about botting.

Also, your concern about classes again makes it very clear that you'll want at least 2-3 accounts to "enjoy" the game.

 

God I hope not.  Macroing and scripting the harvesting of resources would ruin the game.

coolwaters, Leiloni and BarriaKarl like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, thenebrosity said:

 

- They aren't opposed to RMT, in-fact, I think they said it was allowable (but you can't sell on the official forums) and done at your own risk.

- They are now pretty clear that multi-boxing is allowable.. I just wana know if macros and scripting will be allowed.. not even asking about botting.

Also, your concern about classes again makes it very clear that you'll want at least 2-3 accounts to "enjoy" the game.

Wow hopefully they re-think this with having to have multiple accounts just to enjoy the game and effectively play different classes, also is this the only video that talks about their class system i've been rather busy not keeping up on a lot of stuff lately, and IMO they should just make it so players can login to the same account 3 times and play three different characters at once if this is the case. (But I hope this part changes to allow any race can play any class.)

Like I am not opposed to Multi-Boxing, or RMT, but I hope this game won't be filled with Cheat Spammers, people committing fraud like in Albion Online, and the ability to Bot / Cheat I hope that this stuff will not go unchecked either RMT between friends for example or exchanging across games I've never had a problem with but if you are familiar with other games like Vindictus, or Revelation Online the chat is filled with Gold Spam and I hate it.

As for allowing Macros though, I don't think they will block it as long as its basic functions such as pressing G1 on my logitech keyboard presses number 8 for example, or basic things like this generally are not blocked even in games that run "Xing Code" or "Game Guard" which I hope this game would never install or require Rootkits to play it.

There is line between using a simple macro such as expanding Hot-Bars, swapping between screens, and using a macro to automatically click all night on a resource spawn for example which I would personally define as cheating.

KrakkenSmacken likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh i know people wont listen but i have to say it:

You dont have to buy multiple accounts to ENJOY the game!

The only reason people do it is because they WANT to do everything. That is not supposed to influence how the game is made at all! If somehow ACE could block multiple accounts i believe the playerbase would keep the same as long as the game delivers what it is promising.

Can the players who are planning to MA answer that? If somehow you could not buy MAs would you still play the game?

Playing MA and RMT really arent things that should concern ACE.

 

Mythforger, pang and coolwaters like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.