Kraahk

Mountain Citadel Parcel - New Details (as of may 2017)

29 posts in this topic

With Jon O'Neal's part of the Big-Reveal stream from May 18th, we got a first look on the ingame

Mountain Citadel Parcel (Province, Mountain, Rank 2).

 

vAlfx0c.jpg

(And i must confess that i am pretty proud of how close my own 3D reconstruction of Dave's concept art in my parcel & stronghold comparison threads were, compared to the real parcel now. Couldn't help to mention it. I seem to become vain...  :D )

However, in this stream we also saw an example of how this parcel could look like with buildings on it. The interesting thing was to see how many buildings of what kind were placed on this test parcel. If my count was right, there were about 108 buildings plus the citadel itself.

As we know, regarding the mountain citadel parcel (likewise the large castle and the palace) the original plan was a support number of 120. We didn't know though what those support numbers might mean. Now, seeing this number of buildings on this mountain citadel parcel example might lead to some more conclusions.

There were several types of buildings. Some of these building were large buildings -- for example garrisons, which are surely made to be inhabited by and providing living space for much more than one single person. Calculations here and there ... to cut a long story short: the pictures hint that support numbers - at least when it comes to the mountain citadel - look like to be the maximum number of vassals. To say: house owners -- who again can grant tennant rights to others. 

So I calculated which number of citizens would make sense, based on the number and scale of buildings, and landed roughly on about 430 + citadel inhabitants. Thats pretty near to a total of 480, which is 4 times the basic support number.

So i'd say: to fill a stronghold parcel completely, expect to need 4 times the basic support number. To make it feel alive, expect to additionally need 6 times the support numbers of guests and visitors (to say +1.5 times the number of citizens). So even a single Citadel parcel seem to be enough to support a thousand players (including visitors). And that's already the goal of concurrent players. So just as a general reminder: don't underestimate the scope of what your strongholds can do, even a lot smaller ones.

 

Since i will use a Citadel for my EK myself, i put some more work into it. Initially i made this for my own community EK alone, so please excuse if the picture doesn't focus on general and neutral usability. But i thought for all current and future Citadel owners, this little basic allocation concept might be of use, too. So, why not sharing. It highlights specific quarters that seemed to make sense for me personally and it copies how the buildings were placed in the stream parcel - but with some exceptions. The buildings are numbered, so you can easily let people choose where they would prefer to live.

c976B2b.jpg

One additional interesting thing. If you look at the picture above, you will see a dark grey part of the citadel. This is the main building of the large castle as shown in the stream an in Tinnis' video. The white buildings around it are the additions a citadel will probably have. So this will be reeeeally huge - stay tuned. ;)

Have fun, good luck

Kraahk

 

 

Edited by Kraahk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tinnis said:

relevant permanent twitch clip of birds eye and fly over of the mountain citadel town

Exactly. That's what the above allocation concept puts into one picture. Thanks for the link.

JamesGoblin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are insane numbers. It puts a whole new light on the opening scene of the graphics overhaul video. That could easily be a snapshot of a single street in a citadel parcel... Suddenly the idea of a thief class that just focuses on thieving doesn't seem so far fetched.

Edited by baerin
a word
JamesGoblin, Kraahk, Kiro and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22.5.2017 at 9:07 PM, baerin said:

Those are insane numbers. It puts a whole new light on the opening scene of the graphics overhaul video. That could easily be a snapshot of a single street in a citadel parcel... Suddenly the idea of a thief class that just focuses on thieving doesn't seem so far fetched.

Absolutely. But only if an EK is able to fill it's stronghold(s) enough to make them feel alive. And sometimes that might be a huge challenge. I think EK manager may be a fulltime job for some people.

JamesGoblin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kraahk, ich werde mich in den Gassen Deiner Zitadelle regelmäßig auf Lauer legen und einige - wie sagt man auf deutsch doch so schön - "Pfeffersäcke" um ihre schweren Goldbeutel erleichtern.

JamesGoblin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't doubt it. I've thought for a long time that there will be people or guilds whose soul goal is to create and maintain cities. I imagine there won't be many of them, maybe 4 or 5 notable cities that will attract all the best players.

coolwaters and JamesGoblin like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StefKalisch said:

Kraahk, ich werde mich in den Gassen Deiner Zitadelle regelmäßig auf Lauer legen und einige - wie sagt man auf deutsch doch so schön - "Pfeffersäcke" um ihre schweren Goldbeutel erleichtern.

Du bist herzlich willkommen. :)

2 hours ago, baerin said:

I wouldn't doubt it. I've thought for a long time that there will be people or guilds whose soul goal is to create and maintain cities. I imagine there won't be many of them, maybe 4 or 5 notable cities that will attract all the best players.

I don't think that this is necessarily a bad thing (i know you didn't say it ... but there's a certain smell on 'soul goul' ;) ). It would only need a few people to make live easier for a lot of people. I especially think about CW players (to say: the most of crowfalls customers (=main target audience)) who may also like to have a home within some kind of active city while outside the CW's ... without having to focus on such things. If this works, it will be a great thing for everybody. And if there are some kind of thief abilities, it would just be great. They can have their guild hall in the Outcasts area. Including a tunnel to the higher market of course. xD

Edited by Kraahk
baerin, JamesGoblin and Finkregh like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah definitely not a bad thing. I would be content with just one big city. Part of the fantasy vision of Crowfall is having that entire city inhabitant spectrum. People that just want to be crafters, thieves, mercenaries, merchants, soldiers, dukes and kings can do that because so small a portion of the game play will be run by NPC's.

Kraahk, Akineko, JamesGoblin and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right. Nevertheless i think that NPC's will be necessary to make a city feel alive (at least huge ones and at least at the beginning). I still imagine that it would be a great thing, if monarchs could choose if EK-bans would mean that banned people just can't enter ... or that NPC guardians would attack them if (and only if) they see them. :) Would be a nice addition to the outlaw thing you mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've recently gotten back into Crowfall, and after having seen the scope of this, am genuinely curious about something (which may have already been answered elsewhere, sorry if that's the case). I have a handful of parcels, wooden walls, and simple lodging. If I were to join a community that has a much larger kingdom like this citadel, are these parcels and/or buildings things I would be able to place within said kingdom? A pooling of resources, if you will?  

JamesGoblin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spada said:

I have a handful of parcels, wooden walls, and simple lodging. If I were to join a community that has a much larger kingdom like this citadel, are these parcels and/or buildings things I would be able to place within said kingdom? A pooling of resources, if you will?  

Welcome to the forums.

Yes. If the monarch grants you the necessary rights, you can place parcels, buildings & building parts and other stuff in someone elses kingdom. You can even connect your wall parts with wall parts that were placed by other people. All of this without transferring ownership.

You can find more informations about this in the Eternal Kingdom FAQ. It's not up to date, but most informations are still correct and should give general answers.

Edited by Kraahk
Spada, baerin, hubo and 3 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2017 at 11:42 AM, Kraahk said:

Welcome to the forums.

Yes. If the monarch grants you the necessary rights, you can place parcels, buildings & building parts and other stuff in someone elses kingdom. You can even connect your wall parts with wall parts that were placed by other people. All of this without transferring ownership.

You can find more informations about this in the Eternal Kingdom FAQ. It's not up to date, but most informations are still correct and should give general answers.

Thanks for being so helpful, I'll read up. :)

Kraahk likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking very nice. I'm now more sorry than ever that I didn't buy a Mountain Citadel at its original price. The store is so outrageously priced now (all IMHO, ofcourse). If I'm correct the original Mountain Citadel package was 1000$ right? I'm just going to wait until the game releases the hype dies off and the real ingame to chinese gold sellers market prices sets in and buy a Mountain Citadel for the original 1000$, not a single dollar over that anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gustav.Henrik said:

Looking very nice. I'm now more sorry than ever that I didn't buy a Mountain Citadel at its original price. The store is so outrageously priced now (all IMHO, ofcourse). If I'm correct the original Mountain Citadel package was 1000$ right? I'm just going to wait until the game releases the hype dies off and the real ingame to chinese gold sellers market prices sets in and buy a Mountain Citadel for the original 1000$, not a single dollar over that anyway.

a guild could build one for free using in game resources over time.

or take one over in a campaign world

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tinnis said:

a guild could build one for free using in game resources over time.

or take one over in a campaign world

That sounds pretty cool, right? 

I hope it takes a boat load of resources. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tinnis said:

a guild could build one for free using in game resources over time.

or take one over in a campaign world

I just can't understand how it can be 5000$ in the store, that's just not fathomable to me since the original price was 1000$...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gustav.Henrik said:

I just can't understand how it can be 5000$ in the store, that's just not fathomable to me since the original price was 1000$...

the store prices are dumb (as was the kickstarter price IMO)

Edited by Tinnis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.