Kraahk

Mountain Citadel Parcel - New Details (as of may 2017)

29 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Gustav.Henrik said:

I just can't understand how it can be 5000$ in the store, that's just not fathomable to me since the original price was 1000$...

ACE's actual answer:

they changed from original "castle comes in one piece" to "modular lego style building pieces"

https://www.crowfall.com/en/news/founders-update-big-news-about-strongholds/

as well as just generally retaining the value of kickstarter packages i guess

see also statement about structures being for guilds rather than one player

https://www.crowfall.com/en/news/founders-update-guild-strongholds/

Edited by Tinnis

6 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

ACE's actual answer:

they changed from original "castle comes in one piece" to "modular lego style building pieces"

https://www.crowfall.com/en/news/founders-update-big-news-about-strongholds/

as well as just generally retaining the value of kickstarter packages i guess see also

https://www.crowfall.com/en/news/founders-update-guild-strongholds/

I know, but to me it's all qualified Bs since it's still the 2nd best tier in the power echelon of pledges. It's not realistically feasible to have a mountain citadel EK package be actually worth 5000$ in chinese gold farmer gametime. It would make the game so tedious and boring the player base would be decimated.

Just as a comparison in GW2 the most coveted item that for real takes YEARS to obtain (a legendary weapon) is 500 EUR if you want it right now. I have a hard time seeing an MMO with not nearly as big a playerbase have an item that either take 10 times as long (the Mountain citadel package however many individual parts it consists of is still a single purchase from the store) to obtain or be 10 times more valuable for chinese gold farmers to farm compared to a legendary weapon in GW2.

Edited by Gustav.Henrik

9 minutes ago, Gustav.Henrik said:

I know, but to me it's all qualified Bs since it's still the 2nd best tier in the power echelon of pledges. It's not realistically feasible to have a mountain citadel EK package be actually worth 5000$ in chinese gold farmer gametime. It would make the game so tedious and boring the player base would be decimated.

Just as a comparison in GW2 the most coveted item that for real takes YEARS to obtain (a legendary weapon) is 500 EUR if you want it right now. I have a hard time seeing an MMO with not nearly as big a playerbase have an item that either take 10 times as long (the Mountain citadel package however many individual parts it consists of is still a single purchase from the store) to obtain or be 10 times more valuable for chinese gold farmers to farm compared to a legendary weapon in GW2.

This isn't really an apt comparison as legendary in GW2 is a pretty skin for one player while a mountain citadel is meant for entire guilds and would realistically require an entire guild effort to acquire. 

5 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

This isn't really an apt comparison as legendary in GW2 is a pretty skin for one player while a mountain citadel is meant for entire guilds and would realistically require an entire guild effort to acquire. 

I'm still absolutely furious they carge 5000$ and won't pay a nickel more than the original 1000$. Also I'm not going to play the game unless I can acquire a mountain citadel, even if I could afford the insane price I just could never live with the fact I overpaid 4000$ over original buyers (and No don't even start on the BS justification of "oh the package changed", because no it did not change the fact the Mountain Citadel was and still is the second best pledge for a personal EK.) 

The price to have the second coolest EK of the game was 1000$ originally now it's 5000$ that is facts, and it makes me angry beyond belief.

Edited by Gustav.Henrik

28 minutes ago, Gustav.Henrik said:

I'm still absolutely furious they carge 5000$ and won't pay a nickel more than the original 1000$. Also I'm not going to play the game unless I can acquire a mountain citadel, even if I could afford the insane price I just could never live with the fact I overpaid 4000$ over original buyers (and No don't even start on the BS justification of "oh the package changed", because no it did not change the fact the Mountain Citadel was and still is the second best pledge for a personal EK.) 

The price to have the second coolest EK of the game was 1000$ originally now it's 5000$ that is facts, and it makes me angry beyond belief.

That's ok since the citadels aren't supposed to be for individuals anyway.  If the price is something you can't come to terms with that's perfectly fine, this game won't be for everyone. 

The package did change from a pre-assembled building to pieces of a building that you can use with other pieces from other sets. 

I understand you don't like paying more, but the way EKs work has changed, the prices have changed and either you can get with that or you can't.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Now I'm a little concerned about having an Imperial Palace xD so much space :D

On 5/24/2017 at 10:15 AM, baerin said:

I wouldn't doubt it. I've thought for a long time that there will be people or guilds whose soul goal is to create and maintain cities. I imagine there won't be many of them, maybe 4 or 5 notable cities that will attract all the best players.

This is such an awesome idea

21 hours ago, Gustav.Henrik said:

I'm still absolutely furious they carge 5000$ and won't pay a nickel more than the original 1000$. Also I'm not going to play the game

Man, seriously - again? We already had this conversation last year. And i don't mean 'we' like in general, but you and me. In two threads. In fact all of your postings with this account are complaints about the price of a citadel, while providing wrong informations and not listening to others.

Nobody was ever able to buy a Mountain Citadel for 1000$. The first concept price of the Mountain Citadel was 1.8k and is now 5k (+178%), the first concept price Palace was 4k and is now 7k (+75%). The Citadel is for 120 people, which requires an ingame effort equal to about 42$ per person. I already told you all of this and more last year. And nothing of this changed up to now. So get over it.