vkromas

Playtest Feedback for June 15 to June 19, 2017

287 posts in this topic

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered. 

Patch Notes Can Be Found Here

Need help? Email us! support@crowfall.com 

NOTE:  If you are reporting any power or combat-related bug we need to know what disciplines you have equipped, a screenshot of your discipline GUI will help us find and fix these issues much faster!

Xarrayne likes this

From the patch notes: 

• Master of Shields: Dispel now works to remove barriers. 

Should this read Shieldbreaker rather than master of shields?

Also, are we ever going to see the launcher pass user credentials to the client the way it used to?

Tinnis likes this

it is intentional that Illusionist's "Reveal Shadows" costs more than one pip for a templar...? [basic sword]

it requires 3 pips to cast

what are the plans with regard support class healing values (e.g. weapon %) and these +75% hp pools..?

Edited by Tinnis

23 minutes ago, durenthal said:

From the patch notes: 

• Master of Shields: Dispel now works to remove barriers. 

Should this read Shieldbreaker rather than master of shields?

Also, are we ever going to see the launcher pass user credentials to the client the way it used to?

You are definitely correct about how this should read as Shieldbreaker instead of Master of Shields. Fixing in the patch notes now, thanks!

As for the question about the launcher, I am not sure at the moment but I'll try to get an answer for you soon. 

21 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

it is intentional that Illusionist's "Reveal Shadows" costs more than one pip for a templar...? [basic sword]

it requires 3 pips to cast

I do believe this is intentional as the base resource cost is 32 and that rate converts to 3 pips. 

• Increased base Hitpoints by 75% to offset the lack of advanced armor and issue with constitution not properly increment pools.

What does 'lack of advanced armor' is referring to? The access to the armor or the fact that advanced armor resists are nearly useless?

Hit locations combined with how resist crafting in general is the root of the issue. 

The fact that i can maaaybe, MAYBE get resists to 50% on a single damage type out of 1/8 of them out there and then hope i can get the same 50% resists on every piece of equipment to actually net myself 50% on a single damage type is the real issue. 

With basic armor and the proper runes i can easily maintain over 50-60% damage reduction fairly consistently. 

Ideally, any type of advanced armor, even poorly crafted, should net you a 15~ across the board resists. This is a fair baseline, then from there you can either focus or spread out to gain even resists.

Has it ever been answered to why we are going with the hit location in the first place? Seems alot of potential issues and work for a feature no one has ever asked for or even wanted, in any game. 

Roke, coolwaters, Tofyzer and 2 others like this

Can scimitar druids equip healing spells from discs, yet? If not, I would like to express my dislike and that of the community, in general, of the fact that scimitar druids can no longer use healing spells. 

BarriaKarl, facerip and coolwaters like this

I try to be objective, respectful, and hopeful, but this patch and the direction of it is a joke - Do you guys actually play the game? 

Changes to Confessor made no major difference - They're still OP. 

Myrm's are still gimped 

75% HP change prolongs death, but does nothing to offset the imbalance issues not yet addressed. 

Honestly, please get in the game and play it with us - You'll then see what changes should be worked on. 

DrKrang and bahamutkaiser like this

27 minutes ago, canvox said:

Sorry, does this week include the AI fixes detailed in the news post?  If so, do we have boars & cats other than rank 1?

Just confirmed with The AI Guy that the AI fixes should be in this playtest build. 

Tofyzer likes this

8 minutes ago, QuasiDoc said:

I try to be objective, respectful, and hopeful, but this patch and the direction of it is a joke - Do you guys actually play the game? 

Myrm's are still gimped 

75% HP change prolongs death, but does nothing to offset the imbalance issues not yet addressed. 

Honestly, please get in the game and play it with us - You'll then see what changes should be worked on. 

Luckily, its not a game yet. 

And the changes that should be worked on is getting the framework mechanics for the rest of the game online to some sort of level of testing. 

But yeah, the HP thing is more of a stop gap then anything even marginlly relating to balancing, which is the last thing they need to be worked on. Why balance when theres hundreds of more powers and 2 more classes, and the entire race dynamic coming?

25 minutes ago, Aullus said:

Can scimitar druids equip healing spells from discs, yet? If not, I would like to express my dislike and that of the community, in general, of the fact that scimitar druids can no longer use healing spells. 

Yes please.

This arbitrary restriction can be avoided in numerous ways and maintain the yin-yang of life and death.

As-is Death Druids are a handicap. I want to play one. I've trained to play one.

But I'm on Fessor like everyone else.

BarriaKarl and DrKrang like this

24 minutes ago, QuasiDoc said:

Myrm's are still gimped 

Reminder: Feedback threads are for feedback. Please refrain from additional, non-constructive commentary. 

Tofyzer, Zachdidit and coolwaters like this

9 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

This arbitrary restriction can be avoided in numerous ways and maintain the yin-yang of life and death.

i would be happy if i could at least do rallying banner and hymn song on my scimitar druid, as my first sustain build of it was.

i would not count either of these powers as simple "heals"

12 minutes ago, canvox said:

Still all R1?

i dont know, i didnt loot. i was just murderising things....

[wanted to check out templars new max hp with holy warrior and brilliance....]

mt5wD6Z.png

Edited by Tinnis

20 minutes ago, Aullus said:

I do believe this is intentional. 

Some of the fixes for this build are just temporary as we work to improve current features and work toward making new things. Unfortunately, sometimes things have to get put on the backburner or we have to add a quick Bandaid fix; not because we lack interest in fixing things or because we developers like to spite our community (trust me, we don't!) but because we are still implementing new things. I know a lot of times it seems like your feedback is glossed over or ignored, but it isn't. A good chunk of design's time is spent reading these threads and trying to triage fixes as best as possible. 

2 minutes ago, canvox said:

Still all R1?

I do believe so. Higher ranks are still in the works!

moneda, BarriaKarl, Gorwald and 1 other like this

21 minutes ago, QuasiDoc said:

Everyone having more health should help melee a good bit. Particularly tanks. Tanks will benefit from a flat 75% increase more than a Confessor would because they've got more health and more of their kit's power is centered around health.

Longer TTKs give melee more time to close the gap and burn through Confessor dodges and C powers. Melee classes also seem to be a bit more momentum based as well. I know that once I get my Templar snowball rolling and everyone's got sin on them and I've got my ultimate powers charged up things start going pretty nicely. 

thomasblair and blazzen like this