Anhrez

Plentiful 1, rank 5 stats and outcome

44 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Kirchhoff said:

Well, I have to take this back now.

This weekend while gathering I noticed several times when I had mixed color drops on the final crit.  It was fairly rare and there still seems to be some type of color "grouping" happening when you crit.  For example, when I get purple crits there is almost always 3 purple.  Some very strange math going on for sure.

Could be the difference between the Plentiful harvest table, and the Crit Amount table.

When you hit to 0% on the node, and get a crit, both will trigger.  So if you roll 3 purple on the plentiful table, you can still roll a different group result on the Crit Amount table.

When mixing to results that can be the source of one color, it's a bit hard to tell which one came from which.

21 hours ago, canvox said:

By your own description, almost none of your stats came from skill training in this experiment.  only 10% of your crit and 1 of your crit amount.  Everything else came from what you had on you or what you drank.

Actually, 2 crit amount come from stats. I get 1 from Granite Basics and 1 from Harvest Critical Amount: Granite. I also get 1 plentiful from Plentiful Resources: Granite. I get 20% more quarrying. I get less decay on hammers.

Yes, a good portion of my stats currently come from disciplines and potions, but I'm not done training. I can still get 2 more plentiful points. Plentiful makes a big difference in terms of the quality of the resources you get.

You are also forgetting about mother lodes, and minerals and gems that you can't obtain unless you are trained for it.

How much do combat skills affect combat power? Not that much. Gear and Disciplines make a much larger difference. The power curve is meant to be shallow.

Granite is where I have the most training for harvesting, and I see a significant difference between what I harvest of granite and what I harvest of other resources. If I have time next weekend, I'll try the same experiment, but harvest a different type of stone instead, and then we can see the difference.

According to Blair...the 10 shown on your Vessel Stats from Critical Amount is actually added to the base of 1 which always exists. Therefore, hitting the final crit can lead to a roll of 11 (Base + CritAmount). I've never seen 11...but I have gotten 10 blues and 10 purples before on the final crit. I was also the one which got the 9 legendaries on the final crit (and nearly had a heart attack).  Now...as to the issue of "are these 1-11 independent rolls on the Item Table"? I believe the answer is "no...not 11 rolls...but there are multiple things happening at once." I think there are 2 rolls happening...one for color (of which you have a 2% chance of getting legendary) and one for amount (being 1-11). I do see other color on the final "0% remaining" roll besides the Crit which gives us loot from the Item Table but based upon Blairs posts, I believe that this is a product of the Treasure Table and the Plentiful Harvest stats and not the Item Table and the CritChance/CritAmount.

Edited by Gradishar
Teufel and KrakkenSmacken like this

1 hour ago, Arkade said:

Actually, 2 crit amount come from stats. I get 1 from Granite Basics and 1 from Harvest Critical Amount: Granite. I also get 1 plentiful from Plentiful Resources: Granite. I get 20% more quarrying. I get less decay on hammers.

The plentiful from PR:G is not contributing to your stats, but you are right about the crit amount.  The node damage & basically everything in the basics tree are also applying to your stats, but they don't really contribute substantially to your volume unless you're trying to mine gems.

KrakkenSmacken likes this