Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xarrayne

EK Creations - The Spiral Staircase

11 posts in this topic

2nd version, this time I ended up at the building limit for the parcel!

My Assets:

• 1 Woodland Hills and 1 Town Parcel (Rank 2) (there's more, but I only built on these two)
  • 1 Small Fort pack
  • 1 Medium Keep pack
  • 1 Cottage
  • 2 Fort Lodges/Keep Greathalls (one of the three!)

Tinnis' Assets:

• Same as mine.

d8fa7ce82dfaaa281c44be3b3a23a2f9.png

7b20266ea91a7b87960bd69e7f1e2942.png

3f5cb6e79bf77b3fd0b5967b7a0983f6.jpg

bae8b38d4bbe7e70c020867e60b5d476.jpg

f79cdabe8f36d3da2f0ff122d75b3589.jpg

d63e207190da738b6c20345c497dd0f3.png

Leftovers: the stacks of 17 and 6 are 2x1 Wooden Walls.

Processing timelapse for build and quick tour video. Took me ~7 hours :o

Edited by Xarrayne
Soulreaver, daworf, Tinnis and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, Xarrayne said:

@Tinnis pls, you're supposed to post what buildings you donated... :lol:  ...was it just the same bog-standard stuff I had?

yup i only have the freebies, am hobo.

6 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

yup i only have the freebies, am hobo.

Ok cool, and same 8^)

The hobos are starting to consolidate resources though... Coolwaters and Daworf also offered their pieces, just need some big parcels so that I can make something bigger. I wonder if Anhrez is looking for a decorator..?

P.S. Those posts in the Playtest Feedback... SMH, I feel your pain - we're like a leaky faucet right now >_>

Edited by Xarrayne
coolwaters likes this

God I hope this isn't possible come live, this looks utterly useless beyond serving as a military base. I am wondering in this design where you'd place your buildings/structures. Doesn't seem all that useful when you consider that aspect.This just looks to be far too many wall segments allowed per parcel imo.

22 minutes ago, scree said:

God I hope this isn't possible come live, this looks utterly useless beyond serving as a military base. I am wondering in this design where you'd place your buildings/structures. Doesn't seem all that useful when you consider that aspect.This just looks to be far too many wall segments allowed per parcel imo.

This is what you get when EKs have no purpose.  No need to judge it for functionality that does not yet exist. I'm sure he'd have left room for buildings and structures if they had a purpose (and he had some.)

He made it for fun, and I'm not sure it should be used to argue for nerfs on what is allowed at this point.

Xarrayne likes this

I bet it takes less wood and stone to build a siege engine than it takes to build a military base.  The question is how much of that you can tear down in 4 to 8 hours while you are asleep.

Xarrayne likes this

9 hours ago, scree said:

Yeah you're right in saying it's pretty pointless and ridiculous, but @Jah put it better than I could have - I'm just messing around with the building tool right now and testing it's (and my obsessive nature's) limits! Tinnis saw my first published build and liked the design enough to donate some pieces, so I thought I'd see how far I could take that concept.

Having said that I'd love to build something that fits the description of a traditional castle, but I don't think I could've properly executed on the ideals surrounding that... That's partly due to the limited number of buildings I had (especially houses and stone towers), but especially because of the land - none of the hills and water features on the tiles I had struck me as great spots for building a castle except this one, and even it has a fair few drawbacks!

I'm going to try a full stone build on the same tile this week, I have more stone pieces now so perhaps I can get a little closer to something resembling a functional castle!

Edited by Xarrayne