Oliver Crow

HELP! Game doesn't stay downloaded?!

Question

Hey CF, I recently purchased an edition of the game to have pre-alpha access. Unfortunately every time I sit through the download process, I can bring up the launcher but it wont allow me to log in, and after closing the launcher, the game simply disappears from my pc. With literally no trace whatsoever. Why is this happening, and is there a way to fix it? My computer is a newer computer, has plenty storage available, and I run a multitude of games with no issue. Also, if I can't find a solution is there a way to be refunded? No point in spending extra money for an early access I don't have access to... Any and all help is appreciated, thanks!

Edited by Oliver Crow

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Oliver Crow said:

Hey CF, I recently purchased an edition of the game to have pre-alpha access. Unfortunately every time I sit through the download process, I can bring up the launcher but it wont allow me to log in, and after closing the launcher, the game simply disappears from my pc. With literally no trace whatsoever. Why is this happening, and is there a way to fix it? My computer is a newer computer, has plenty storage available, and I run a multitude of games with no issue. Also, if I can't find a solution is there a way to be refunded? No point in spending extra money for an early access I don't have access to... Any and all help is appreciated, thanks!

Welcome to the forums.

The fastest way to get this issue solved is to contact support@crowfall.com (explain the problem as precise but also short as possible).

Web-related are problems with the website (not the launcher/client), so usually only the web guys will take a look here. Problems with getting the game running are best solved by the support. And since this is a small company, support = Gordon (Executive Producer) & Pann (Community Manager). 

Disappearing without a trace seem to imply that you didn't really download the game itself and sounds very unusual. So either the issue is very easy to solve or pretty hard.

Anyways, good luck and have fun once it works.

Edited by Kraahk
Mr.Kurtz likes this

Windows Firewall can wreak havoc on DL and set up so check your permissions.  Also make sure that you are extracting the files to a new folder.  Lastly, I have found that restarting my computer after downloading and extracting and prior to initial launching of updated works.  Good luck and hope to see you in game.

Oliver Crow likes this