FiendishDevil

EK Parcel Doodad Limit

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was playing around with EK doing some insane wall building in a large parcel. I managed to create a wall bridge across a chasm (took me forever to get it to work right!) with the help of two 3x1 wall sections and the ramp walls on the ends. This probably wasn't intended as I am clearly using clipping issues to cut into the side of the cliffs and extend beyond the cliff with the 3x1. Nevertheless, it was quite fun trying to get it all to work.

Anyhow, as I placed a bajillion walls segments to create an unbroken ring, I realized that I had placed a significant amount of doodads and after awhile, I became unable to place anymore building pieces. If I removed a building, I would be able to place one again. So I clearly hit a limit for the parcel.

Are doodad limits intended? 

1 hour ago, FiendishDevil said:

Are doodad limits intended? 

Yes, and they will vary from parcel to parcel.

News 1

Tokens

Every building has a SIZE designation. To keep it simple, these generally fit into categories: X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, etc.

Every parcel has a “token limit” for each category.  A farmland is intended to be sparse, and can only host smaller structures.  A city is intended to be dense, and can host much larger structures. Basically, we set up individual limits for the number of buildings, props and decorations of a given size that you can place on each parcel.

News 2

BUILDING SIZES AND PARCEL WEIGHT LIMITS

Each building has a “size” (small, medium, large, etc.).

Parcels have weight limits for any given size; a city can hold more “large” buildings than a hamlet. While in placement mode, you can see the number of allowed buildings of each size at the top of the screen. If a parcel already has too many buildings of that size (i.e. the parcel is at full capacity for buildings of that size), you will not be able to place any more buildings of that size in this parcel.

For testing purposes, we have set the weight limits very high for ALL building sizes in ALL parcels. This will be changed later.

cencal likes this

Hrmmmm. I really hope Mountain Citadel parcel has high limits or else it's just going to look extremely barren. If my EK testing with doodads was any measure, I ran into the limit on a parcel that was rquivalent to 5 1x1's pretty quickly.

6 hours ago, FiendishDevil said:

I really hope Mountain Citadel parcel has high limits

The current limits are just for testing. Since most people have only access to small strongholds (like the fort testing copy), it is not really necessary to adjust the limits for a handful of 'citadellers'. ;)

However, the citadel test-package contains more than 250 wall parts (without connectors). The example citadel contained about 120 buildings. Currently it is not possible to place all parts of a citadel pack onto the biggest currently available parcel. So either the future limits will be higher or the structures will be reorganized in terms of size-types.

Edited by Kraahk