CPU13rother

Low FPS help

14 posts in this topic

I'm running at about 22 FPS standing still with no other players around. When i move or other players are around it drops from there sometimes 10-14 FPS. Forget about team play, I've almost given up. I have tried just about everything i can think of and have had no successes. If anyone has any suggestions id love to hear especially  if your running the same graphics card. let me know how you have your settings.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K (6-cores, 15MB Cache,
16GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz
Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 with 4GB GDDR5 each 
7260 AC Driver
256GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 4TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage
Air and liquid cooled
Running duel 4k monitors but only run game in one. All my temps are alright but GPU that Crowfall is on maxes out just by taking a brisk jog in my EK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game is not yet optimized, and most of us have similar issues - Suggest turning off shadows and and whatever other options are there. You should however be getting better fps than that under those conditions. Maybe check drivers?

CPU13rother likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, QuasiDoc said:

Game is not yet optimized, and most of us have similar issues - Suggest turning off shadows and and whatever other options are there. You should however be getting better fps than that under those conditions. Maybe check drivers?

Thanks for the quick response. I know it is not optimizes but i see lots of vids with 60 FPS and I have a decent rig so i know it should be better even in the current state of the game. I have tried every in game setting. Turning everything all the way down and even setting resolution to 1080P still only gives me about a +2 FPS boost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diffrent versions some weeks the fps is 60 some weeks the fps in lower this weekend had everybody fps problems. Make sure that u are playing on medium, also disable V sync gives you +20fps. also turn the shadows out. i reach with that 80 fps

CPU13rother likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DravoiX said:

Diffrent versions some weeks the fps is 60 some weeks the fps in lower this weekend had everybody fps problems. Make sure that u are playing on medium, also disable V sync gives you +20fps. also turn the shadows out. i reach with that 80 fps

For me this is consistent since i got the game about 6 months back. Lowest in game settings v sync off only give me about 2-3 FPS improvement over my OP. Thanks for the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DravoiX said:

lowest Settings are not optimized

also make sure that u updated all your drivers

Thanks again. I updated drivers with fresh installs multiple times. Friday most recent. I've also tried all the other settings in game. anyone know what resolution has been optimized?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Are your settings optimized in the nvidia control panel as well?

You need to set it to performance over quality and turn off certain features if you want improved performance.

I have it set on performance and have tried every other optimization i could find info on. watched about 30 videos on how to improve Nvidia settings in other games but nothing seams to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't do anything new that i hadn't already tried multiple times in the past few months but today i tried again with a DDU and fresh drivers, messed with in game setting etc. I'm not sure what fixed it exactly but I'm getting 80-120 FPS now depending on my resolution settings!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2017 at 11:40 AM, VIKINGNAIL said:

Are your settings optimized in the nvidia control panel as well?

You need to set it to performance over quality and turn off certain features if you want improved performance.

I had my settings set to Balanced in my Nvidia settings. I set it to Performance and will see how it looks on Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So  matching the Nvidia settings to the game settings really made a difference. I wasn't on much but I did run around my EK a bit and ran around Corruption West and I was really amazed. I was getting up to  120 FPS in both instances. Up to this point I was getting around 30 or so. Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2017 at 3:22 PM, cencal said:

So  matching the Nvidia settings to the game settings really made a difference. I wasn't on much but I did run around my EK a bit and ran around Corruption West and I was really amazed. I was getting up to  120 FPS in both instances. Up to this point I was getting around 30 or so. Cheers.

Glad to hear the game will be a much more playable experience for you now.  Happy hunting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) full reset Nvidia (google how to completely remove)

2) install fresh stable drivers

3) close all recording software (disable nvidia shadowplay as well)

4) close all overlay software (teamspeak, discord and such)

5) set medium settings

try out -) works? ok, now you can add soft one by one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.