ACE_Jackal

First Look: New EK Assets

89 posts in this topic

Neat.  But not what I wanted to see.

I find the reveal of revenue-generating instanced housing lego blocks disturbing, because it comes at a time when you've said the focus has shifted to campaign worlds.

We are 6 weeks into waiting for an update that will advance the game loop, and you give us EK fluff.  We are hoping for Assassin news, for Cleric news, for CW news, for guild news, for anything that shows the game is actually becoming a game.  So, neat as these new structures are, the news drop feels like a bit of a let down.

While I agree that more substantial News content would be more satisfying and is more needful, I have to admit, seeing this stuff gave me goosebumps. I suspect this content will also be part of the new CW worlds, with the fortifications playing an expanded and more important role, so I have hope it will see some utility outside EKs.

On a related note, this helps me visualize what SB-type racial architecture sets might look like in CF - something the new focus on Race may increase our chances of seeing at some point down the road in release. In other words - awesome.

Edited by Anthrage
Tofyzer and JamesGoblin like this

10 minutes ago, Zybak said:

Maybe ACE is going to hit us with a double update today!!

...plz?

I wouldn't get my hopes up...

Edited by Gradishar
JamesGoblin likes this

31 minutes ago, durenthal said:

you give us EK fluff

This stuff enriches campaign worlds as well. EKs are not the only place that will have castles. In fact, I would argue the campaigns are the place where castles will really matter.

Just about everything they make for the EKs is also for the campaigns.

virt, armegeddon, pang and 8 others like this

24 minutes ago, Jah said:

This stuff enriches campaign worlds as well. EKs are not the only place that will have castles. In fact, I would argue the campaigns are the place where castles will really matter.

Just about everything they make for the EKs is also for the campaigns.

I was thinking about that when reading the article: "how can this be used tactically in designing a better castle."  I love the idea of hollowed out walls, but the windows need to be small enough so players can't "squeeze" through them, like @jtoddcoleman has been able to do.  Looks like the windows are narrow but tall, hopefully our character colliders can't get through them.

The octagonal connector will be great, and a nice addition.  The bridges and towers will be interesting to play around with.

So will our pledge package castles have these new toys, or will they be build/purchase only?

Edited by Teufel
Nazdar, JamesGoblin and Tofyzer like this

Will these new pieces be added to the existing castle wall packages that are currently available?  Or will a separate/new wall package need to be purchased to get these assets for our EK's?

JamesGoblin likes this

16 minutes ago, SirGeorge said:

When your a PvP guy and see that so many people are stoked on an EK update. 

giphy.gif

A PvP guy should care about the tactical elements of building and how that will impact in game play. 

Kith, Nazdar, Tofyzer and 1 other like this