Orleans

Poll: Do you want to see a spirit bank wipe before campaign world test?

32 posts in this topic

With the 10 import/10 export restriction, what is being tested comes down to:

• Wipe: How much do imports impact a fresh server environment where one campaign world has win conditions and another/other(s) do not. In this case, most active players and guilds will transfer in materials or crafted items as they are gathered on safer campaign worlds. 
  • No Wipe: How much do imports impact an existing server environment. In this case, most active players and guilds will transfer in two weapons and suits of armor or materials to make them. 

https://goo.gl/forms/SIEMQprkTOXWXMV63

Edited by Orleans

That's... the question. What do you think would be most helpful? Click yes, or no. Then click submit. 

Polls are hard. 

1 minute ago, Orleans said:

That's... the question. What do you think would be most helpful? Click yes, or no. Then click submit. 

Polls are hard. 

They sure seem to be, since you didn't just use the built-in poll feature on the forum!

RikForFun likes this

Well if they do a wipe then theres not much players are going to be able to import for the first CW at least. Only what they can quickly gather or craft on their EK or the other servers if left up.

Just now, pang said:

Well if they do a wipe then theres not much players are going to be able to import for the first CW at least. Only what they can quickly gather or craft on their EK or the other servers if left up.

Correct. 

Frankly, who cares for CW #1?

If there are game breaking items still in circulation because of the new resources costs on items, or it's needed for technical reasons, then wipe.

If not, then no wipe.

If they wipe, we will get to test how export works from a clean world. If they don't we will see how the 10/10 system works.

In either case we probably get to see both anyway, with people building some basic stuff in EK, and importing it so they don't start naked.

pang and BarriaKarl like this

I would say wipe, when game goes for launch everything is going to be wiped anyways so start here to work out the bugs.

46 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Frankly, who cares for CW #1?

If there are game breaking items still in circulation because of the new resources costs on items, or it's needed for technical reasons, then wipe.

If not, then no wipe.

If they wipe, we will get to test how export works from a clean world. If they don't we will see how the 10/10 system works.

In either case we probably get to see both anyway, with people building some basic stuff in EK, and importing it so they don't start naked.

The question is, what is the most helpful/informative test? 

One could argue that the existing orbs are game breaking. Not sure about any other items that could be considered the same. Maybe old Myrmidon axes? Sadly, old druid staves.

Edited by Orleans

2 minutes ago, Orleans said:

The question is, what is the most helpful/informative test? 

I would assume, whatever ACE does is the most helpful to them, unless they make the call because of how they figure we all feel.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken
RikForFun likes this

1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I would assume, whatever ACE does is the most helpful to them, unless they make the call because of how they figure we all feel.

Or we can vote, and give them another data point to use. :)

2 minutes ago, Orleans said:

Or we can vote, and give them another data point to use. :)

We don't have enough information to actually form a decent opinion on what is "best" for the development of the project.

They could have specific behaviours they want to A B test for example, that would look like a dumb choice for a test, but to them means something.

Really, I don't think from a testing point of view that it even matters. 

RikForFun likes this

As I said initially, the two things to potentially test here are the impact of a specific level of imports into a fresh server, and the impact of imports in a fresh server environment. These are two fundamentally different tests, and will provide different data points for them to consider. The poll is asking, which do you think is more important? 

There shouldnt be a wipe.  There needs to be plenty of assets to burn and destroy.  It is the circle of life.  You build things and your enemies destroy them, you cry carebear tears then wail and gnash your teeth on the Forums while I have a popsicle.

Rafiki-Simba.jpg

Mr.Kurtz likes this

On 13.7.2017 at 11:29 PM, zolaz said:

There shouldnt be a wipe.  There needs to be plenty of assets to burn and destroy.  It is the circle of life.  You build things and your enemies destroy them, you cry carebear tears then wail and gnash your teeth on the Forums

2i3gVHk.gif

On 13.7.2017 at 9:13 PM, KrakkenSmacken said:

We don't have enough information to actually form a decent opinion on what is "best" for the development of the project.

yump.gif

edit: on a serious note: i asked this question a while ago and it was concluded by some forum-gurus that there indeed will be a wipe

quoting frykka: "Last Sunday night, when Gordon gave the 20 min warning to server down, he directly said yes, SB wipe inc...  I didn't screen cap it but I know what I saw."

link to thread: 

Edited by elvo

35 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Yep, wipes are coming, despite some of the misinformation that is spread on these forums at times.

...Only if there are bugs or a major system error.

/hides

BarriaKarl and coolwaters like this