Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vkromas

5.1.1 Playtest Feedback for July 14-17, 2017

51 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, vkromas said:

General:

• Fixed a bug in which the constitution bonus did not get added to the HP total when re-choosing the same vessel type. This means for example that a knight gains 5 HP per constitution point, increasing its base HP by 27 * 5.

First, thank-you for posting these notes, much appreciated!

I have a question regarding Attributes - Constitution, Spirit etc - what they impact or modify, and which effects are currently working or are bugged. For example, here we see you've mentioned Constitution and it's effect of increasing Hit Points. When you have a moment could you please list what the other Attributes do and which are not working? I'm heard different things from various sources - even official ones - and some clarification on where we are now with this build would be very welcome.

Thank-you kindly!

Edited by Anthrage
Xarrayne likes this

32 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

I have a question regarding Attributes - Constitution, Spirit etc - what they impact or modify, and which effects are currently working or are bugged. For example, here we see you've mentioned Constitution and it's effect of increasing Hit Points. When you have a moment could you please list what the other Attributes do and which are not working? I'm heard different things from various sources - even official ones - and some clarification on where we are now with this build would be very welcome.

Thank-you kindly!

last live stream stated spirit increased support power and intell increased healing mod for say a cleric etc [but probably damage for a confessor...can vary by class too]

10 hours ago, FrostSword said:

Also on the Master of Mystical Staves discipline, Druid was spelled Drud

That's just how they shorthanded Druid. They shorthanded all Archetype's names to be four letters to fit on the Disc UI, and there's only 5 in Druid. What letter is it gonna be? :P 

if you switch to lower resolutions, along with previously reporting poor scaling text which is fuzzy and has missing letters, i've noticed that health bars and nameplates / buff/debuff icons above player dont scale correctly and end up massive

ZZXMf45.png

e.g. text at 720p

qenK0M3.png

Edited by Tinnis

43 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

last live stream stated spirit increased support power and intell increased healing mod for say a cleric etc [but probably damage for a confessor...can vary by class too]

Yes, but the question is whether it is working. Having numbers would be nice as well. :)

20 hours ago, vkromas said:

No, these changes are not in the 5.1.1 build but they are in 5.2. Just wanted to give some visibility on what's already been fixed and what's also in the works.

To make it less confusing next time, maybe don't post them in the 5.1.1 Feedback thread or make sure the post has a header with Preview Patch 2.5 or something? Now it looks like the notes are part of the 5.1.1 patch which isn't the case.

whats the proc rate for stormcaller and burning hatred heal spawns?

what % per direct attack? (i have observed them 0% procing from damage over time)

or is there some sort of internal cooldown or 'proc every X seconds'?

please note previous suggestions for druid stormcaller: make it spawn a yellow orb and it needs a more frequent or understandable spawn rate (yellow for: increased healing, blight damage and resource restoring effect. the green orbs are largely useless)

Edited by Tinnis
Tofyzer, coolwaters and PanzerUDL like this

6 hours ago, Tinnis said:

what % per direct attack? (i have observed them 0% procing from damage over time)

or is there some sort of internal cooldown or 'proc every X seconds'?

please note previous suggestions for druid stormcaller: make it spawn a yellow orb and it needs a more frequent or understandable spawn rate (yellow for: increased healing, blight damage and resource restoring effect. the green orbs are largely useless)

I agree. Scimitar Druid has to have some way to heal itself and the proc rate on the orbs is far, far too low. Just open disc heals like for every other DPS in the game.

Also, Druid blink looks to be nerfed down to 14 meters. That's gonna be a kick in the jimmy. Fessor stink rubbing off on all ranged classes IMO.

Xarrayne and Tinnis like this

Is it intentional right now to be able to cut down rank 9 wood so quickly with the basic axe? Also switching axes causes me to take forever to cut down the rank 9 trees even if I remove all axes and go back to the basic one. Logging in and out fixes this though and allows me to chop them down quickly again.

Combat is really laggy as you weave in and out of trees and stones, also when there are more then three ppl or a few NPC/cats close by too. We really really really need a map of the realms/servers. Also there have be a lot of new ppl joining and have absolutely no clue of how to even make a pick or hammer.. a short quest tutorial would really help. There are a lot spots where you can combat NPCs and wildlife, but adding wondering NPCs that aren't as strong would be awesome. There are very few chests and the ones that are there are only found in small houses and Faction fortress... it's a bit confusing when all the other houses have absolutely no loot or purpose other then decoration. I know it's only pre-alpha but adding NPC fortress as raids for the testers would really draw some attention as well.

Something maybe a bit minor, but in 2560x1440 resolution at least, when you get into the screen to edit Key Bindings, the display kind of gets messed up. You don't even have access to buttons that will bring you back to the main menu. Had to quit the game just to continue

edit_Key_Binding2560x1440.jpg
anonymous image host

When viewing the popup for discipline runes in the spirit bank, the upper half of the popup appears offscreen.

Stealth menu for Duelist doesn't swap when stealthed.  Duelist unable to burrow during fights and for several seconds following (could be intentional, but not obvious thru in-game info.  Duelist abilities while stealth are breaking stealth (ie heal from agent Prov).

Not sure if it's intentional, but while I really like this feature, it's probably not fair for Duelist to be able to craft and not break stealth.  

a bug i noticed the other day:

fall damage is counted as 'damage done by the player' for the purposes of templar's devotion healing, giving you a self and group heal of 800+...after a 4k fall

xmAwxT0.png

or one can take it to extremes....

iu3vQUn.png

[related: a druid that falls with shroud of darkness up will stun themselves]

Edited by Tinnis
Destrin likes this

On 7/14/2017 at 10:00 PM, Tinnis said:

you need to look at the targetting of call storm and spark and gaea's wail - none of which were touched in 5.2 from the sound of it

Yes please.  Landing call storm is such a pain in the ass.  Not sure whats going on with it vs a skill like fairy fire which seems to hit much easier under the targeting reticle.  Call Storm is not the only skill that suffers from this...

On 7/15/2017 at 5:11 PM, Tinnis said:

Can you get burning hatred to work on a druid?  Last time I tested this on a scimitar druid it would not proc at all.

I have found a few skills / discs that seem to not work with my scimitar druid.  Careless Whisper for instance.  I cannot get this whispers to stack.  Other classes it works fine.

Not sure if these are intended to not work with my class, but scimitar druid definitely has some weird quirks.

coolwaters likes this

37 minutes ago, PanzerUDL said:

Can you get burning hatred to work on a druid?  Last time I tested this on a scimitar druid it would not proc at all.

I have found a few skills / discs that seem to not work with my scimitar druid.  Careless Whisper for instance.  I cannot get this whispers to stack.  Other classes it works fine.

Not sure if these are intended to not work with my class, but scimitar druid definitely has some weird quirks.

yes burning hatred works - i have however noticed a quirk where quite often you get the stormcaller green orb and burning blue fire procs only at the same times. you can see this on the video i did.

stormcaller heal pros need to work based on the damage the druid does e.g. like templar devotion self damage heals the druid or like the old 'discipline' group heal on attack procs - gives buff to self/group which grants moderate healing when they next attack an enemy for X attacks - both of which will give some group sustain rather than irrevalant green orbs that cant even sustain one persion in a 1v1

i also found careless whisper not to work: i suspect that the tech that spark's auto crit uses is basicaly a copy of the careless whisper buff/proc and they dont stack, whether intentionally or just a tech issue.

ugh dont get me started on scimitar druid limitations for "heals" cough bard hp regen, rallying banner and all the rest.....

also scimtiar druid need 'power of death' buff to be working again for that +30% damage boost for 30 seconds after using the C power...

Edited by Tinnis
coolwaters likes this

bug with fires:

fires last 1 minute but the heal tick rate is not consistent and changes...get about 45 ticks

[not one a smooth one a second...comes and goes in bursts]

heal is % of max hp

1.27% a tick

=

57.24% total over fire duration

Edited by Tinnis

On 7/15/2017 at 9:40 AM, Anthrage said:

Thank-you kindly!

Not a problem. I'll see if I can get something written up soon to help 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0