Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vkromas

5.1.1 Playtest Feedback for July 14-17, 2017

51 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Meatbagg said:

When viewing the popup for discipline runes in the spirit bank, the upper half of the popup appears offscreen.

Stealth menu for Duelist doesn't swap when stealthed.  Duelist unable to burrow during fights and for several seconds following (could be intentional, but not obvious thru in-game info.  Duelist abilities while stealth are breaking stealth (ie heal from agent Prov).

Not sure if it's intentional, but while I really like this feature, it's probably not fair for Duelist to be able to craft and not break stealth.  

In order to Burrow you have to be out of combat.  I would support being able to go into Burrow from combat, with a cooldown timer on how often you can use while in combat.  Out of combat you should have no CD.

Personally I like that Duelists can craft in stealth; but this is temporary anyways, at least until they introduce crafting table/stations.  Then it's kind of a moot point on if you can craft from stealth next to one of those.

I would assume it is obviously an intentional design that a duelist has to go through the animation lock and movement slowdown of leaving combat mode before being able to then start entering burrow....otherwise far too easy

their 'in combat' burrow is there C....

3 hours ago, vkromas said:

Not a problem. I'll see if I can get something written up soon to help 

There was actually some confusion even between Blair and Mark in the last livestream on this topic as I just noticed, though it seems they decided Spirit buffs Support Power and Intellect buffs Healing Bonus. Sounds like a solid reference would be handy for everyone. ;)

Hello All,

I noticed in the EK that after a structure (wall or building) was placed it disrupted the ability to harvest resources in the immediate area of the object. for example if I placed a wall down and attempted to harvest a tree or stone near that wall I would not allow me too. The Camera would zoom in as though I was about to start harvesting, but it would get stuck and I would have to jump around a bunch to get unstuck. In order to harvest I would have to move away from the object. Additionally I noticed that even once the object was "looted" I would be unable to harvest in the immediate area where the object was.

It seems that placing objects within the EK disrupts harvesting. I noticed this on a forest parcel and the "L" shaped "shire" parcel. The buildings I was using were the:

Lodge

Cottage

1x1 wooden wall, 2x1 wooden wall, corner wooden wall

7 hours ago, PsychPillz said:

Hello All,

I noticed in the EK that after a structure (wall or building) was placed it disrupted the ability to harvest resources in the immediate area of the object. for example if I placed a wall down and attempted to harvest a tree or stone near that wall I would not allow me too. The Camera would zoom in as though I was about to start harvesting, but it would get stuck and I would have to jump around a bunch to get unstuck. In order to harvest I would have to move away from the object. Additionally I noticed that even once the object was "looted" I would be unable to harvest in the immediate area where the object was.

It seems that placing objects within the EK disrupts harvesting. I noticed this on a forest parcel and the "L" shaped "shire" parcel. The buildings I was using were the:

Lodge

Cottage

1x1 wooden wall, 2x1 wooden wall, corner wooden wall

I experienced this for the first time today after much playing around in my EK, only it seemed related to moving parcels in the Edit Kingdom option - with buildings on them - not the proximity of structures. I've harvested near structures many times with no issues.

Edited by Anthrage

On 7/17/2017 at 11:41 AM, Tinnis said:

I would assume it is obviously an intentional design that a duelist has to go through the animation lock and movement slowdown of leaving combat mode before being able to then start entering burrow....otherwise far too easy

their 'in combat' burrow is there C....

Speaking of which, I think their (Duelist's) C should not be their vanish/insta-burrow.  I think "vanish" should be a separate ability that is on a ~60-120 second cooldown, rather than contingent on building up enough "ult-resource" before using.  "Vanish" needs to be when the stealther needs it, not contingent on dealing damage or taking damage for an extended time before getting access.  If it has a long cooldown after use, so be it.  I would rather have even a 5 minute cooldown, so long as it can be used when needed.

Teufel likes this

On 7/15/2017 at 9:40 AM, Anthrage said:

First, thank-you for posting these notes, much appreciated!

I have a question regarding Attributes - Constitution, Spirit etc - what they impact or modify, and which effects are currently working or are bugged. For example, here we see you've mentioned Constitution and it's effect of increasing Hit Points. When you have a moment could you please list what the other Attributes do and which are not working? I'm heard different things from various sources - even official ones - and some clarification on where we are now with this build would be very welcome.

Thank-you kindly!

I haven't forgotten about this! It's been a busy week but I'll try to set some time aside and get this answered!

On 15.07.2017 at 8:11 PM, Tinnis said:

whats the proc rate for stormcaller and burning hatred heal spawns?

what % per direct attack? (i have observed them 0% procing from damage over time)

or is there some sort of internal cooldown or 'proc every X seconds'?

please note previous suggestions for druid stormcaller: make it spawn a yellow orb and it needs a more frequent or understandable spawn rate (yellow for: increased healing, blight damage and resource restoring effect. the green orbs are largely useless)

can be outdated, but I tested it some time ago and make conclusion what all procs (here, burning hatred and storm caller) have some chance only on initial hit.

ex: you have skill which hit for X then dot for Y dmg Z times. result: you have % chance only on X (single)

no spam orbs while whirlwind or aurora emitter/bear =)

Patching is failing.

I have been trying to apply the 5.1.1 (PROD), but I keep getting an access denied message when patching. I have been able to play the last 5 test weekends so I am not sure what is going wrong. Additionally I was able to play in my EK earlier today.

Also: I have tried repairing the files, though I get the same access denied message.

Resolved: restarting the computer resolved the issue, though still not sure where the hang up was

Edited by PsychPillz
Resolved

10 hours ago, vkromas said:

I haven't forgotten about this! It's been a busy week but I'll try to set some time aside and get this answered!

No worries, I appreciate it. In fact, this was revealed in the last stream:

character_sheet.jpg

So this answers most of those questions, potentially, though it poses a few new ones:

-Do the above Attributes modify the same Stats for all Races and Classes, or does it vary?
-Which of the Attribute effects are working in 5.1/5.2, and which are not?