vkromas

5.2.3 Playtest Feedback for August 11-14, 2017

186 posts in this topic

Please download the new TEST patcher from our new client page: https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

Patch Notes and a List of Known Issues Can Be Found Here

You can remove your old 5.1 patcher (we now refer to this as the LIVE patcher).

Need help? Email us! support@crowfall.com

JamesGoblin likes this

When closing the game client, the patcher remains open but you cannot relaunch the game from it.  In 5.2.1 the patcher closed when the game client did.  That was better behavior.

Edited by durenthal
Anthrage and JamesGoblin like this

19 minutes ago, Gradishar said:

Login server appears to be down. "Login failed. Please try again. Cannot resolve destination host."

same

JamesGoblin likes this

22 minutes ago, durenthal said:

I will update this post throughout the weekend with my bug reports and feedback so as not to clog the thread with multiple posts.

actually, if you don't mind, we vastly prefer the additional posts.  because otherwise I have to start over at the beginning of the thread every time I come back to check for new bugs, and cross check every entry to see if it was already entered or just added.

thanks!

Todd

@jtoddcoleman

EK's are working now.

My EK still has a 12 cap.

Also you might want to consider raiding the import / export limit until we can get this stable. We are getting a lot of people not banking and then the servers get wiped and we have to spend a considerable amount of time making worthless slag stuff. Its burning people out.

Edited by Tark
JamesGoblin likes this

Just now, jtoddcoleman said:

ok, thanks, we'll try the cap increase again in 5.2.4.

world banks are working in this version, I believe.  gives an alternative to storing things that doesn't chew up import/export counters.

Todd

Yeah we noticed that as well. But does the local bank wipe with the map? The local bank also shows import/export numbers. Will those function at some point or is that just something that needs to be removed?

JamesGoblin likes this

Just now, Tark said:

Yeah we noticed that as well. But does the local bank wipe with the map? The local bank also shows import/export numbers. Will those function at some point or is that just something that needs to be removed?

...just a display error, putting things into it and taking them out should not affect the counters.  

note that the real bank solution is coming in 5.3, which has local banks.  this is just a stop-gap measure, because the spirit bank wasn't meant to serve the purpose of storing things inside a world.

Todd

JamesGoblin likes this

When you are a duelist and interact with things such as the doors or bank it will break your burrow.  Your name plate will still appear but you will still be in burrow form. To re-enter burrow you need to recast the burrow skill 2 times, one to leave burrow and one to re-enter burrow.  This will then fix the burrow animation after using the dynamic item.

JamesGoblin likes this

12 minutes ago, Weebles said:

When you are a duelist and interact with things such as the doors or bank it will break your burrow.  Your name plate will still appear but you will still be in burrow form. To re-enter burrow you need to recast the burrow skill 2 times, one to leave burrow and one to re-enter burrow.  This will then fix the burrow animation after using the dynamic item.

yeah, we didn't quite get to that one this week.  5.2.4!

Todd

Weebles, Anthrage and JamesGoblin like this

Hymn of Restoration's tooltip is very inaccurate and is only granting 24 in combat regen. I could have sworn it used to be more but maybe it never was accurate?

Either way I feel like this skill needs to be changed to a very low percentage based heal.  It seems like the concept of the ability is to have a very weak group HoT effect but having it be a base value is very problematic long term when it comes to scaling.

Rikutatis and JamesGoblin like this

When in burrow and you use a potion or food you will stand outside of your burrow but still be in the burrow state.  Still takes two re-burrows to fix the animation.

JamesGoblin likes this

If you hold down W and start running then hold space bar and start jumping down a hill you still start jumping pretty high. As long as you keep those two buttons pressed and you are out of combat you can easily jump on top of a house. This could possibly be used to jump high walls that you arent suppose to be able to get over. 

To the other players it looks like you are rubber banding. Had others in my guild and they were able to replicate.

JamesGoblin and Anthrage like this

I was wondering why my patcher seemed stuck on 5.1.1 for so many weeks... downloading 5.2.1 now! As for feedback, it was not immediately clear from the old patcher, obviously. Sure I should of checked the forums, but I guess my brain wasn't thinking of that until tonight.

JamesGoblin likes this