vkromas

5.2.3 Playtest Feedback for August 11-14, 2017

186 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

They don't align because you are mixing Fort and Keep pieces.  If they don't attach, then they aren't intended to be used together... you can do it, but it won't be seamless.  

Fort walls have interior ramparts built into them.  They don't have ramparts on the outside of the wall, because that's not something people would typically want.  

Keep walls do not have ramparts attached, they have separate rampart pieces you can elect to use (or not), and there is no "interior" versus "exterior" wall.  Keep walls are more generic and thus can be used in more ways.  

Todd

Thanks for some feedback; I will keep exploring the uses.  But if I'm trying these things, you better bet other people will be trying them.  I came up with a way to have double fort walls aligned to one another.  This would mean an attacker would have to go through 2 fort walls before breaking in.  It won't matter in a faction ruleset, but in a more free flowing ruleset like the dregs, these things will be interesting.

As for putting them on the outside, I did that because of the corner rampart piece (I couldn't get the corner to go inside properly :D), however you can also run a fort wall with a straight rampart on it, and then connect a keep wall piece to it, and the rampart connected to the fort wall is a seamless transition from the top of the keep wall to the rampart.

• @jtoddcoleman May I suggest different colored snap nodes for things that you are intending to be snapped together.  Blue for forts, Red for keeps and anything that can be snapped in both situations has a purple node.

More of a fun take on walls - I think it's pretty cool that you can make double layered ramparts on a wooden fort wall, gives double the space for attacking, or extra height where maybe, just maybe the newly viewed Fae can't glide over the wall, but gets stopped by that extra 3m.

42 minutes ago, Teufel said:

Thanks for some feedback; I will keep exploring the uses.  But if I'm trying these things, you better bet other people will be trying them.  I came up with a way to have double fort walls aligned to one another.  This would mean an attacker would have to go through 2 fort walls before breaking in.  It won't matter in a faction ruleset, but in a more free flowing ruleset like the dregs, these things will be interesting.

As for putting them on the outside, I did that because of the corner rampart piece (I couldn't get the corner to go inside properly :D), however you can also run a fort wall with a straight rampart on it, and then connect a keep wall piece to it, and the rampart connected to the fort wall is a seamless transition from the top of the keep wall to the rampart.

• @jtoddcoleman May I suggest different colored snap nodes for things that you are intending to be snapped together.  Blue for forts, Red for keeps and anything that can be snapped in both situations has a purple node.

More of a fun take on walls - I think it's pretty cool that you can make double layered ramparts on a wooden fort wall, gives double the space for attacking, or extra height where maybe, just maybe the newly viewed Fae can't glide over the wall, but gets stopped by that extra 3m.

The symbol on the socket tells you if something can snap.  The fort and wall keeps CAN snap end-to-end but the attachment pieces (like ramparts) created for one wall type won't typically work on the others.  When we were playing with combinations internally, we faced two fort wall segments together to create a "tunnel" beneath the walkways, and thought the result was cool enough that we codified it into the "hollow" or "tunneled" Keep walls.  There are more interesting pieces lined up behind that set, too.

(and yes, Dregs is going to be a unique challenge.  It is also likely that we'll just have to be more comfortable with odd combinations. This is one of the reasons why I wanted to tackle the faction worlds, first.)

Todd

coolwaters likes this

2 hours ago, SirGeorge said:

Tooltips on confessor are a bit inaccurate. For example 1-1 have a cost of like 5% each. But the tooltip says its a 50-70 Cost. 

I think most of the tooltips are wrong at this point. I tend to trust nothing, and test everything. 

Tinnis likes this

Version: 5.2.3
Type of Bug: Animation
Time: 15:45 CDT
Character: ADarkness
Server: gameserver000-test.us-east-1
Kingdom: TEST / us-east-1 / Sons of Samedi
Reproducable: Y

Description:

When switching vessel from Champion to anything else, the animation for drinking and dieing do not play.
Vessel is left in default model pose. Have been able to reproduce every time.

Steps to Replicate:
1. Use the Champion Vessel.
2. Walk to any other Vessel statue.
3. Hold "F" to change Vessel.
4. Watch animation.

Edited by ADarkness
Fixing Formatting
Kurotenshikami and moneda like this

32 minutes ago, ADarkness said:

Type of Bug: Animation
Time: 15:45 CDT
Reproducable: Y

Description:

When switching vessel from Champion to anything else, the animation for drinking and dieing do not play. Vessel is left in default model pose. Have been able to reproduce every time.

Steps to Replicate:
1. Use the Champion Vessel.
2. Walk to any other Vessel statue.
3. Hold "F" to change Vessel.
4. Watch animation.

Nice bug report, yo!

Type of Bug: Chat
Time: 18:10 CDT
Reproducable: N

Description:

While working in my Eternal Kingdom my name disappeared from chat. Reulting in my message being shown but with no name attached.

Steps to Replicate:

Unable to replicate upon logging out and logging back in.

Photo Link to Screenshot

Edited by ADarkness
Remove Photobucket
Kurotenshikami likes this