vkromas

5.2.3 Playtest Feedback for August 11-14, 2017

186 posts in this topic

The tooltips for the skills show wrong training times sometimes. I'm pretty sure first pip for a tier 1 skill should be less than 23h 37 minutes if the complete skill is 2 days 23 hours.

gMKutkh

Anthrage likes this

56 minutes ago, Pace said:

Any insight what did this much damage?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/166498684

went from 100-0 pretty fast.  possibly something to do with that ranger on the right - damage was insane

Think Druid + buff ally .. and no it wasn't the ranger your body had no arrows in it.  It did though look to have orbs around u by the ton.. :) Also if your ally got hit by it too it couldn't be the ranger.

Edited by Soulreaver

Yeah... Looks like Ranger rapidfire was doing some serious damage, like.. 10x more damage than it should and was hitting like 2 or 3 times more than it should. @SoberSoul Do you remember what you were using here? I don't see any other attacks heading towards you, but the numbers are way too high and way too frequent to be that Ranger #1, even with Nature's avatar from a druid.  Maybe it is some weird interaction with that Glass Cannon disc?

coolwaters likes this

Tyranny US East is having some CD issues it seems.

All of my skills are getting approx. 45-50% increase CD timers. I cast an ability that has a 10s CD watch the timer and when the timer is at 0 and it flashes that its ready I spam the button and count and hit about 4s every time. 24s CD timers now add 13-14, 45s CD timers are adding 23-24. This is consistent and with any skill regardless of heal, buff, or debuff ability. Dying and Relogging has done nothing to fix it. Multiple people have noticed it as well. Not sure if its just a sign that the servers need a restart for performance or if there is a bigger issue with it.

1 hour ago, Pace said:

Any insight what did this much damage?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/166498684

went from 100-0 pretty fast.  possibly something to do with that ranger on the right - damage was insane

it was ranger's bow rapid fire. it looks far too rapid and far too much "fire" than normal. i cannot tell from the footage if the ranger we being boosted by a druid, it does not appear to be so. far in excess of 10 shots and far in excess of the usual per shot damage.

Edited by Tinnis
coolwaters likes this

Nameplates and Fly Text Feedback:

Nameplates, buffs on the name plates, and fly texts are far too intrusive and are blocking the view of fights and all the pretty models and graphics you guys have put in.  The "larger" (10+ v 10+)fights look like crap IMO cause you can't really see the fight and all you see is fly text and overlapping name plates. I know you have talked about being able to turn this off as an option, but if it's an option it won't really be optional to have these off.

GQBsfq0.jpgdTIpYGP.jpg

In the above images you can see how much of a cluster custard this is. You can't see the fight, only UI elements. Something needs to be done to make this cleaner. 1v1's and small scale it's not so bad, but getting in to 10v10s it looks pretty awful.

Suggestions:

• Remove names, nameplates, buffs from over enemy (or anyone outside of your friendly fire immunity) head and provide the name and HP indicator above or below the reticle.
  • Some sort of HP indicator on friendlies might be worth providing for healers that are not under the reticle. Would help with knowing where to put AoE heals.
  • Faction and/or Guild shields should remain as some form of indicator of enemy and friendly targets.  This will help with on screen clutter so we can see what is going on.
  • For CC status effect fly text give use a billboard type symbol, or some form of FX above the target's head rather than huge letters across the screen. Seeing KNOCKED DOWN, SUPPRESSED, or STUNNED in huge letters across the screen blocking most of the fight is annoying.
  • Damage fly text needs to not be so large and block a large portion of the screen.  AoE abilities block quite a large section of your screen and can make it pretty hard to track a target.

Less is more IMO.

Edited by Destrin
Anthrage and Tinnis like this

Something going on with expose also. I had 4 of them miss in a row. Maybe due to elevation but the 4th one I was on even elevation with the target and it still missed. I wonder if the invisible world objects bug is still around? 

Tinnis likes this

Hi All!

Like the new POIs. Really cool to come up on them the first time.

Like the target dummies however wish they worked.

Noticed LAG has returned big time pretty much unplayable from a pvp standpoint. Was one on two and server side just flopped. TYRANNY East btw.

Every fort I visited to spawn the my faction the throne was missing. Only saw 2. Campaign map might need to be smaller to test better. Only saw one opposite faction player in 2 hours played.

Would be nice if Map was reimplemented!

Did not do anything else but craft which seemed good!

Thanks for the test! Keep pushing!

Azsh

Champion:

Basic attack combos are bugged, regularly i can only do the first basic attack in the combo on Tyranny US east.

Rend is rubber-banding the user like crazy and locking them in place for between 10-20 seconds and at times  teleporting them from 20-50 meters. Throughout this time it also becomes impossible to cast abilities.

Rikutatis and blazzen like this

further "above the player UI" size observations:

- the size scales based on your camera zoom in - e.g. go first person and up to someone and it is smaller than when you then zoom out to 3rd person without moving.

- see the extent the sizes scale at 720p resolution (along with the other unreadable text issues, making 720 next to unusable)

- they do however not scale at distance between players

example video of both at 720p:

and example at 1080p:

and then an *extreme example* at the lowest resolution:

additional observation: it no longer seems possible to see how muc soul power you have generated or if your C is usable at all....blind luck...

examples of ranger bow arrow soft lock areas to all size...giant....

Edited by Tinnis

All "beachheads" of the factions can be infiltrated by jump spam. Although these are not permanant, it could cause issues if you are planning to use terrain as a barrier to players in the future. 

Possible solutions? Have jumping drain stamina.

There is some lag that happens with jumping too that can cause network double jumps. I see this sometimes when holding the space bar and quickly changing directions.

I gotta say, raiding Beach heads is more fun than fighting over the Forts and Keeps right now. There's just no draw to them because "winning" feels meaningless. No resources are tied to it.

The POIs on the other hand, great job there. They are the only other hot spots for PvP aside from raiding Beach heads.

Performance is poor, but we're having fun. Lots of bugs, but its headed in the right direction.

IsometricFox likes this

53 minutes ago, coolwaters said:

I gotta say, raiding Beach heads is more fun than fighting over the Forts and Keeps right now. There's just no draw to them because "winning" feels meaningless. No resources are tied to it.

The POIs on the other hand, great job there. They are the only other hot spots for PvP aside from raiding Beach heads.

Performance is poor, but we're having fun. Lots of bugs, but its headed in the right direction.

I mean Beach heads are meant to be unable to get into. That way rookies don't get gang banged by like a 15 man raid :P 

But I do wish there was more of an award to keeping forts.  As well as much shorter timers. To be brutally honest I would be very happy if timers were even as low as five minutes. Pretty much forcing factions to dedicate guards to it less a random hamster caps it. @jtoddcoleman I know you kind of made rumor to this being a change. I really hope you guys do go through with it. That way giant zergs of 30-40 people don't just overwhelm the map with superior numbers without worry of back caps due to the 30min timer. 

I also hope we'll soon see a reward to CWs and an actual CW soon. With most placeholders and systems Being implemented we might see a real CW by the end of the month :)

Edited by SirGeorge