Yoink

How ArtCraft gets $30 a month from me, VIP with value, not power.

35 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Solex said:

One account allowed per IP address. Violaters are permabanned. 

Do it. Do it.

That will hit ALL the wrong ppl, siblings, or even multiple ppl on same campus wont be able to play together, where those that really want multiple accounts just gonna get a VPN. IP-ban/restriction is one of the weakest methods of doing it, and will usually cause more harm than good

KrakkenSmacken and Doomshadow like this

If games can do hardware bans maybe crowfall can use similar to make it so one CPU = one account.

I mean they did say they were marketing to hardcore gamers, the type of people that care about their computer hardware, so they shouldn't really be worried about joe blow on a pentium 4 who shares his computer with 3 siblings.

A bit off topic but still relevant to the whole cost discussion: Where are people getting the $30 per account figure? I thought the game was going to be $50. While it doesn't have any effect on issue of alts being better than VIP in the long run, that's still a pretty significant cost increase.

20 minutes ago, Kethion said:

A bit off topic but still relevant to the whole cost discussion: Where are people getting the $30 per account figure? I thought the game was going to be $50. While it doesn't have any effect on issue of alts being better than VIP in the long run, that's still a pretty significant cost increase.

its $50 for the game box at retail launch price [it was in contrast $30 for a kickstarter pledge to get the game box]

and $15/month for the optional VIP sub.

Edited by Tinnis

32 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

its $50 for the game box at retail launch price [it was in contrast $30 for a kickstarter pledge to get the game box]

and $15/month for the optional VIP sub.

I remember reading that a while back, but it still confuses me why people are using that amount because it's only relevant for people the people who already have the extra accounts at that price since (I assume) you can't do that anymore. For the purposes of this discussion I'd think using $50 as the comparison value makes more sense.

Edited by Kethion

17 minutes ago, Kethion said:

I remember reading that a while back, but it still confuses me why people are using that amount. It only relevant for people who have the extra accounts already anyway. For the purposes of discussion I'd think using $50 makes more sense.

i read this thread title as implying they would rather have two accounts each with VIP [so 2x$15 a month]? <shrug> vs a bunch of alt accounts without vip

Edited by Tinnis

On ‎13‎-‎09‎-‎2017 at 5:51 PM, Kirchhoff said:

I understand the argument, but it is kind of an arbitrary circumstance you are portraying.  Just because someone has crafting training does not mean they will automatically have better gear than someone who does not.  It just is not that simple.  Who plays the game more will impact the quality of their gear far more than who has VIP, which to me, removes it as a P2W concern.

On ‎13‎-‎09‎-‎2017 at 6:45 PM, ClockworkOrange said:

I highly agree VIP should be Value, not power. I also think you have addressed every power concern in a very well thought out way. I hadn't even brought up the double training race or class that you did as I hoped ACE would handle it correctly (i don't know why) and didn't want to add to an already confusing discussion.

My only fear is that we make the difference between VIP vs non-VIP so complicated that people end up being confused. Not saying that you are doing it, but it is starting to go in this direction.

Think of the conversation you will have with a friend when trying to get him into Crowfall. Is he still listening when you have finished explaining VIP vs non-VIP?

+1

On 9/13/2017 at 4:19 AM, VIKINGNAIL said:

All of the complaints about the system currently requiring too much interdependence are very silly.  People are playing in a "world" with like 30 testers and no real economy worth building. 

MMORPGs aren't supposed to be about achieving everything on your own, and when the game opens up to thousands finding someone to craft your plate chest isn't going to be nearly as hard. 

But people don't seem to understand the value of interdependency and specialization.  They can't seem to get past their own desire for convenience. 

I found that in games depending on others never works out.  They either never get on when they say, they forgot to do x, they only  have x amount of time to play.  For serious gamers that craft they would prefer to create their own empires.  I have done this in a few games where accounts were free.  Yes I had to at times juggle 30 accounts but that is what I did.  Yes it got to be overbearing at times too.  But if I needed something right now, I could probably make it and not have to wait for others.

I have paid for the game but I have no desire to play as I described above in Crowfall.  I was hoping to play one account.  I am still not even sure I like or understand the game enough to want to play at this point.

Edited by Talizar

3 hours ago, Tinnis said:

i read this thread title as implying they would rather have two accounts each with VIP [so 2x$15 a month]? <shrug> vs a bunch of alt accounts without vip

Yes.

On 9/16/2017 at 7:52 AM, Kethion said:

That is a fair criticism, however it does not change the logic of Alt vs VIP only the timeline by which VIP loses its value.

If you assume brand new player with no discounted pledge package.

Account + 1 year VIP = $230

3 Non-VIP Accounts = $150 (one time charge)

A player with VIP will reach the $150 investment mark at around 6-7 months.