vkromas

5.2.7 Playtest Feedback and Bug Reports

36 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Connal123 said:

So this was very entertaining.

I am planning on playing an Assassin, so I decided "why not train the tree for it!" and I noticed that the first skill in the tree is not "Assassin Proficiency" but rather "Assassin Mastery" and there is also an "Assassin Mastery" at the end of the tree. Thought to bring that up.

Also, I went to bed with three class skills training and when I woke up the skills had completed to 5 pips (from 0) and also completed another two skills which I had not asked them to do. Is this meant to happen to boost us through our classes or not?

Strangely, the same did not happen with my exploration skill (exploration basics) which I was also training.

Which skills specifically did this happen to? If you could provide those details that would be helpful :)

The southwest to center of the map fort, keeps eating itself. 

Myself, Venark, and Kirchoff built up that fort and just a bit after we almost got finished it started exploding on it's own, and then reformed the stage 1 hippos after a bit of time. 

Very odd. I think it is infested with nargles. 

Stumpstuff likes this

EK/CW lobby presentation:

We've got:

giphy.gif

But will we ever get something more refined and in the style of world band presentation?

giphy.gif

re: CTRL to reveal more information on tooltips - will we have a setting to always enable this info?

Edited by Tinnis
JamesGoblin likes this

Hey Stumpstuff.

As for the skills it was the Templar/Confessor and Assassin trees - it was in the middle of the tree (followed the middle path) - I cannot remember the names, but I will post again once I write them down.

My wife has a theory which is (since the last time we logged on was before the wipe) were the skills just boosted to what we learned before? Can you confirm this?

Many thanks

Connal123

JamesGoblin likes this

Got 4 people together to try motherloads again. They are broken completely.

I had on my stat screen +65 mining, Anhrez had +63, Milo had +60 and KingRat had +58. We had the leadership buff from Ralin_ironwolf. We went after the rank 5 gold node at the mine POI.

Our combined powers only got it to slightly past  75% before it depopped.
We are also trained in the motherload skills in the excavation tree. Something done be broke man. We have an older video with Anhrez, myself and a third fella from months of training ago vrs a rank 5 easily doing 5-8 of the motherloads. 

Something done broke. 

Not that anyone will notice, they are never used.

11 hours ago, Stumpstuff said:

When you go into Alt mode (open your inventory) there is a reset button in the bottom right hand corner. Its an arrow in the shape of a circle. Press that and it will fix this issue.

The button is un-clickable.  In the previous screenshot it even shows it as being Grey Out.  Non-interactable

Picture showing greyed out.  The unlock/lock works, but I cannot target the top of the window so I cant drag it down. (Maybe allow us to drag windows by clicking anywhere on them when they are in the unlocked state)

vSNwz9.jpg

Edited by cattboy
JamesGoblin likes this

2 hours ago, cattboy said:

The unlock/lock works, but I cannot target the top of the window so I cant drag it down.

I have the same issue all the time, you can drag the window by clicking on the yellow border

15 hours ago, Ussiah said:

Seems like the Beachhead Walls can get rekt. Not sure if bug or not. And yes you can walk through it so not just visual.

QgzHiq.jpg

@Stumpstuff @Ussiah @jtoddcoleman I managed to catch this bug in action, see video below. A couple notes:

-This takes a wall segment down to 'phase 0', no base-level hippo foundation remains to be fed
-It does happen to Beach-heads, so doesn't seem like it is related to the hippo-deeding process or resource states
-In the case of Beach-heads, I've seen it frozen in mid-destruction state, like the above

You can actually see the wall's state in the background of this other video, I fed those wall pieces right after recording this:

Hope this helps!

Tofyzer likes this

9 hours ago, srathor said:

Got 4 people together to try motherloads again. They are broken completely.

I had on my stat screen +65 mining, Anhrez had +63, Milo had +60 and KingRat had +58. We had the leadership buff from Ralin_ironwolf. We went after the rank 5 gold node at the mine POI.

Our combined powers only got it to slightly past  75% before it depopped.
We are also trained in the motherload skills in the excavation tree. Something done be broke man. We have an older video with Anhrez, myself and a third fella from months of training ago vrs a rank 5 easily doing 5-8 of the motherloads. 

Something done broke. 

Not that anyone will notice, they are never used.

this was a bit of a shocker .... with all the good combat around it was hard to wrangle a Motherlode team recently. So unsure if the 5.2.7 was the issue or from a previous 5.2.6 but I have Motherlode Ore at 10 and Increased damage with Picks, and I know that at least 1 other of the team has trained deep into Motherlode skills but we could barely move the node even with the Ben harvest proc buff we got from starting with a small node.

it acted more like a rank 9 Motherlode than a Rank 5 motherlode. Also ... what is with the blue line that appears now in the mining graphic of the damage curve? 

5 hours ago, Anthrage said:

@Stumpstuff @Ussiah @jtoddcoleman I managed to catch this bug in action, see video below. A couple notes:

-This takes a wall segment down to 'phase 0', no base-level hippo foundation remains to be fed
-It does happen to Beach-heads, so doesn't seem like it is related to the hippo-deeding process or resource states
-In the case of Beach-heads, I've seen it frozen in mid-destruction state, like the above

You can actually see the wall's state in the background of this other video, I fed those wall pieces right after recording this:

Hope this helps!

@Stumpstuff @Ussiah @jtoddcoleman So it turns out this bug is reproducible. This video is filmed at the same Fort, where the phase 0 hippos have come back. I experienced both bad MSG and FPS performance here, unclear on what the cause is.

Here are the bookmarks for the various 'wall events' - one, two, three, four, five, sixseven, eight (big MSG spike here), nine and ten.

Couple notes:

-This only happens to Fort wall pieces and Beach-head pieces, not Keep pieces
-This does not happen to the Ramps or the Corner Towers. It DOES happen to the Sentry Tower piece

14 minutes ago, Ingwe said:

Loaded in for first time after patching. Chose vessel and immediately crashed.

That has been happening to me lately. Works fine after logging back in, though.

Hello.

Today both my husband and I played on Crowfall. I did not suffer any lag (at least not much, since we are playing on the US server and are in Europe!). He, however, could not log on. Also, I managed to walk all over the map, while parts of his map were not loading at all (before they gave up completely) even though he has a good graphics card and same internet as me. When he got constantly crashed out of the game, he tried going into windowed mode, but there was no change.

Is there anyway to reduce lag/stuttering in the game? Or is it just because it is in testing phase? And is there any way he can come back into playing, as he is still struggling and can't find a way back in the game?

Thanks, and congratulations on a brilliant game,

Alythia.

Anthrage likes this

1 hour ago, A.Romanova said:

Hello.

Today both my husband and I played on Crowfall. I did not suffer any lag (at least not much, since we are playing on the US server and are in Europe!). He, however, could not log on. Also, I managed to walk all over the map, while parts of his map were not loading at all (before they gave up completely) even though he has a good graphics card and same internet as me. When he got constantly crashed out of the game, he tried going into windowed mode, but there was no change.

Is there anyway to reduce lag/stuttering in the game? Or is it just because it is in testing phase? And is there any way he can come back into playing, as he is still struggling and can't find a way back in the game?

Thanks, and congratulations on a brilliant game,

Alythia.

Welcome, both of you, to Crowfall!

It may be an obvious question, but I assume you are both using the same game settings?

As for the game and lag, it seems to vary, person to person. One thing to note is that after the game client has been running for a while, it will use up more and more memory. This can impact performance. Restarting the client will address that.