Zomnivore

If its as grindy as Albion Online I'm OUT

13 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Zomnivore said:

So done with that game.

Well, let's put it this way: in Crowfall you won't have to kill over one million PvE mobs in order to increase your characters combat abilities. In fact, you could compete at the highest level in Crowfall without ever killing a mob. Is that non-grindy enough for you?

JamesGoblin, Kith and mctan like this

Crowfall will be very Grindy. For one subset of players.

That's the part of This game theory that amazes me. By making specialization so valuable - limiting the number of skill trees learned at a time - They have pushed the idea of player roles beyond DPS, Tank, and Healer.

If it plays out as I hope it will - and as I believe the Devs envision - if you don't want to grind, you never will. The harvesters and crafters will do what they do best and grind away at weapons armor and resources. The fighters will (hopefully) protect them, and never grind.

JamesGoblin and Kith like this

They also mentioned today during the live stream when someone asked about the harvesting zoom, that harvesting was "changing". No idea in what direction, but I have hope that the complaints about replacing Mob grind with harvest grind will be addressed with this change.

Hope springs eternal.

JamesGoblin likes this

2 hours ago, SkEyesOGrey said:

If it plays out as I hope it will - and as I believe the Devs envision - if you don't want to grind, you never will. The harvesters and crafters will do what they do best and grind away at weapons armor and resources. The fighters will (hopefully) protect them, and never grind.

This is also how I interpret what there doing based on the bits and pieces of information I have inquired from this web site. Also they said they need to refine the harvesting system but the crafting system as it is now, is really a game in itself and to me doesn't seem like grinding at all.

JamesGoblin likes this

I love an involved crafting system. If they really get into alloys like they have proposed (My limited experimentation makes me think they haven't yet) Weapons and armor are going to be real fun to play with. Already I've found one of the status effects just from playing with yew wood, and it has me excited for the potential.

Kcing and JamesGoblin like this

Crowfall is going to be an extreme grind fest. Everyone is going to expected to harvest, not just "harvesting mains" whatever those might be. Partly because there aren't enough people that just like running around banging on rocks, and partly because factories will most likely require an insane amount of resources, most likely more than just harvesters can obtain. The current harvesting grind and crafting combine failure is actually a hot debated subject at the moment.

chancellor and JamesGoblin like this

::sighs:: At the moment? It has been since they first started talking about the systems. I have faith they'll find a good balance. Might not happen immediately but nothing about this has ever been expected to be immediate.

JamesGoblin likes this

PoI's are currently dropping materials (for building walls/siege engines) as well as resources (for crafting gear) so as long as that continues you'll be able to gather resources for making gear through a PVP oriented activity. 

11 hours ago, SkEyesOGrey said:

I love an involved crafting system. If they really get into alloys like they have proposed (My limited experimentation makes me think they haven't yet) Weapons and armor are going to be real fun to play with. Already I've found one of the status effects just from playing with yew wood, and it has me excited for the potential.

Alloys are in, have been as long as we've had crafting (since 3.0). Check out this spreadsheet, specifically look at the "metal bars" and "metal rings" tabs for metal alloys, or "hardened leather" or "reinforced padding" or "stitched leather" for the leatherworking equivalent, which functions the same way.

This was created way back in the 3.x days, but as far as I know not much has changed.

As you can see there are many combinations that don't yield a unique alloy - instead you get something like a generic "metal alloy bar" with +resource (seems to be the default stat). Hopefully those get filled out eventually, but for the other alloys the system is already working.