thenebrosity

Will This Be The Theif? Stealing Please.

35 posts in this topic

The AMA yesterday implies that thief will probably be a discipline, so many classes will be able to get it.  Obviously nothing final, though.

Myrmidon Thief confirmed.

I hope so, and I'm also hoping the discipline grants you hide if you don't have it.  Because Minotaur Thief.

goose likes this

I hope so, and I'm also hoping the discipline grants you hide if you don't have it.  Because Minotaur Thief.

Even stealth should be available via discipline. One of Blair or Todd said it would be, and that Rangers can get stealth that way.

Please, peeking and stealing was a ton of fun in Shadowbane, especially when combined with passwall to get in to interesting places.

I loved playing my Vamp Thief.

But for transparency for players who never played SB, one of the counters to a thief was anyone with track, and especially a scout.  The track mechanic would be crucial to balance a thief; fortunately they've already thought about tracking.

I wouldn't count on anyone beyond the Assassin, Ranger and Duelist from getting stealth. With the new expansion of class/race unlocks animation time is going to be at a premium. They also don't want the entire game running around stealthed.

Minotaur Thief unconfirmed.

Thief is indeed going in the game it seems as a Discipline. Woo.

also: anyone who misspelled Thief cannot play as one.

Edited by scree

24 minutes ago, scree said:

also: anyone who misspelled Thief cannot play as one.

+1 :)

As for the rest I hope there are race/class gates and maybe even a precursor like hide before stealth before thief.......

1 hour ago, scree said:

I wouldn't count on anyone beyond the Assassin, Ranger and Duelist from getting stealth.

they stated wood-elf race would get a toggle camouflage in live stream

and we already know that all guin race can get burrow (e.g. knight/cleric)

Soulreaver likes this

Games must be challenging and fun/rewarding.  Thievng in SB was great.  One issue I had was the ease of stealing then be saved by a summon bot.

Thieves would need to be carefully controlled in game so they didn't become op.  SB occasionally released a FOTM like the vamp scout who until controlled was a beast.  Not a scout anymore.

Edited by tell

Yes thieving and pick pockets - I see that as essential - maybe powers u can get with a disc. rune in Crowfall, and lots of fun! :) 

On 2/26/2015 at 0:06 PM, nemesis said:

You think they should have a justice system to?

Our guild has a justice system. That's good enough.

Ofc. it would be nice to have a note in your inventory, "Sword of the Ancients stolen by Mythx (actual culprit's name please)"

Edited by chancellor