icedern

Camelot Unchained

164 posts in this topic

http://massivelyop.com/2015/08/04/camelot-unchained-newsletter-discusses-combat-philosophy-and-developer-status/

Pretty interesting read on camelot unchained... It looks to be a potential alternative for people that want the more slowed down old school experience. 

http://realmsunchained.com/

This site tends to have some good articles and videos about CU. They talk about new information when it is released if you are interested in keeping up with the game.

Steven Yannic and JamesGoblin like this

Will play both. Both of them are saying all the right things for a pvp communuty.

WAR was pretty good, but I actually believe that EA came in and custarded it up - I could smell a game that was going in a good direction, before the corporate people stepped in.

They're different, but the same in a lot of ways. Which ever offers a better option, I will play.

Isn't CU trirealm pvp?  That sounds less sandboxxy to me.

It is tri-realm. I'm not sure how that would make it more or less sandboxy though. It's the other features I was looking at, but asI said, I'm pretty open when pvp is concerned

JamesGoblin and Steven Yannic like this

It is tri-realm. I'm not sure how that would make it more or less sandboxy though. It's the other features I was looking at, but asI said, I'm pretty open when pvp is concerned

Generally when you have pre-determined teams in pvp that's more themepark than when the players themselves make their own teams.

JamesGoblin likes this

Generally when you have pre-determined teams in pvp that's more themepark than when the players themselves make their own teams.

Ahh, I suppose that's true, I was looking at the other game mechanics, such as building, and the social aspects they are focusing on.

I have my money on both. Its an exciting time to be an MMO gamer again, and I'm looking forward to it. :)

Edited by fibin

CU doenst appeal to me at all. At best as a last resolve looking for a PvP sandbox game. I currently back Crowfall and Project Gorgon, CF for the comeptition and the siegeing. PG for a Skyrim that fits me better, and Lycantropes.

Everything I saw about CU looks aweful compared to CF. The characters are not very different from any other (themepark) MMO. I glanced on the website over the months and still only one class is revealed. For me the whole game looked pretty dead.

CF is better for me because all the archetypes are more cartoony and have more of a finished theme, a soul if you will. Animations are also here sure not "finalized" but doenst look like action figures in "epic" battles. When I wanna play a PvP game not a PvP benchmark with 500 skeletons on the field which conveniently does test my internetspeed at the same time.

Probably much unfair critic but that's why I backed Crowfall and not CU. Please dont rip me apart for not coating my opinion in silk.

Edited by IamMe
JamesGoblin and Steven Yannic like this