calyn

Crowfall Guild Directory

24 posts in this topic

Hey! Not sure whether to post this here or in the guilds subforum, but I'll try it here. ;)

I've created a guild directory for guilds planning to play Crowfall, and while I still have quite a bit of work left to do on it (and not enough free time -.-), it is already online.

Please let me know if you have any problems with the site, as it's still a bit rough around the edges. I'm also very open to suggestions on how to improve it.

http://www.crowfallguilds.com

List of features/improvements I want to make as soon as I find the time:

• Email validation/password reset
  • New layout
  • Change guild style/focus into tags to allow multiple selection
  • Logo upload
  • URL slugs
  • Show 5 latest guilds and 5 random guilds on the homepage
  • Pre-select most common fields
  • Replace tables with something more responsive
  • Recruitment

we are actually 25 people,and there are still around 10-20 people that are friends of members and will join later on,so you might want to change our member count to 25-40^^

also OTR is founder but our leadership is a council consisting of OTR,Archie,DJswine,Eternalrat,Atlas and myself at the moment,another seventh councilmen still has to be appointed to achieve an uneven number.

Edited by kampfbock

How do you intend to ensure your list is up to date?  Of however many hundreds of guilds will show up before launch, plenty are going to leave or disband or just never come back.

I will probably require guilds to update their listing periodically starting some time before release and remove or hide all the inactive ones based on that.

But there are a number of other improvements I want to make before I get to that.

Suggestion: Rework the Style-Category!

I'd like to see the following options:

• Hardcore
  • Semi-Hardcore
  • Casual
  • Socializing
  • RP-PvP
Edited by Angier

Yes, I was going to make it so it works like tags, as someone else suggested to me. So you can tag your guild with "hardcore", "pvp", "pve" at the same time. Then I can also add more tags like the ones you suggested.

I just have not gotten around to it yet :/

Edited by calyn
Angier likes this

What is PvX ?

PvX is guilds who will work on all content within a game.  I don't know that it particularly applies to CF though as there is no PvE raid/dungeon style play.

mazh likes this

Yes, I was going to make it so it works like tags, as someone else suggested to me. So you can tag your guild with "hardcore", "pvp", "pve" at the same time. Then I can also add more tags like the ones you suggested.

I just have not gotten around to it yet :/

That would actually be totally awesome!

Make it so :D

Yea I'm a bit confused when people advertise for PVE guilds or PVX guilds in this game... all of the content is PVP.  I suppose you could lump "tradeskillers" into the PvE category but thats a pretty poor definition of the PvE experience as a whole in my opinion.

Maybe a "Risk Tolerance" category might be better?

High Risk Tolerance guilds would likely be found in the Dregs, etc and Low Tolerance guilds would not.

I really hope to see some pure crafting guilds come to Eu to but its a realy cool site.

Btw when I try to put a filter on the guild list I get a  500 Internal Server Error

I really hope to see some pure crafting guilds come to Eu to but its a realy cool site.

Btw when I try to put a filter on the guild list I get a  500 Internal Server Error

Ooops. This should be fixed now.

KingCream likes this

Why come to Eu? The servers will be connected so you can join or trade with one in either continent.

After not working on this for a reeeeally long time, mainly because lack of time and being frustrated that my internet connection is too bad to actually play the game until recently, I noticed that this site is still getting some traffic and guild entries every now and then and I've finally decided to overhaul the site a little bit. 

This includes a slightly nicer design and some UX improvements and a few features or improvements that I still had on my list or that people suggested, but not all of it is done yet. Also added logo upload, if you have a guild listed on the site you can edit it and upload one.

I've also fixed emails, so if you forgot your password you can reset it on the login page. 

Let me know if you find anything broken or if you have more suggestions and this time I might actually work on it some more. ;p

http://crowfallguilds.com

The logo feature did not work, fyi ;0

Also, I'd recommend randomizing the guild list when you load in. This format will encourage players to de-list and re-list themselves to appear on the front page (yes people will do this).

Oh and most sites have a 90-day recurring email that goes out that requires the registeree to "acknowledge" that their guild is still a guild. If they don't reply, the guild is de-listed until they resubmit. This will help eliminate "ghost guilds" that actually no longer exist.

Edited by scree
Xenotor likes this