valor

Crowns And Crows - A Crowfall Podcast And Livestream!

445 posts in this topic

rNe2Flq.jpg

"Crowns and Crows" is a Crowfall podcast and livestream! We will be bringing you most cutting edge discussions, community topics, interviews, and much more! The show is hosted by Lakez, Draegan and Valor. Each host brings something a little different to the table and we hope you all enjoy the show!

WATCH US LIVE: EVERY TUESDAY 8:30pm EST ON TWITCH

-- Crowns and Crows Youtube Channel --

## Crowns and Crows Post-Show Discussions ##

Crowns and Crows Season 1: Learning the Game

Episode 1 was lost due to tech issues

Episode 5: Etermal Kingdoms and Kickstarter

Special Crowns and Crows Interview: Todd, Gordon, Thomas

Episode 6: Post Kickstarter - The Waiting

Episod 7: The WoW Comparison

Episode 8: Thralls and Player Expectations

Episode 9: Pann Joins C&C (TTP Explained)

Episode 10: More on EK's, A Tragic Loss, Pre-Alpha Talks

Episode 11: Mo' Money Mo' Problems

Crowns and Crows Season 2: The Wait

Episode 1: The Wait Begins (ThomasB explains Combos)

Episode 2: Crowfall Ultimate Goals

Episode 3: TTP to TTK

Episode 4: Place Your Ad Here

Episode 5: Suns Out Gun'z' Out

Episode 6: Do You Even Mod Bro?

Episode 7: Not Live at 8 AM (Tully)

Episode 8: Sin is In

Episode 9: Legions of Fans PT 1 / Part 2 After Technical Issue

Episode 10: Crowfall & Camelot Unchained Comparison w/ ItsZiz

Episode 11: Combat and Sin

Episode12ish: All Effed Up w/ ItsZiz

Episode 13: OORAH Legionnaire

Crowns and Crows Season 3: Pre-Alpha

Episode 1: Pre-Alpha Begins

Episode 2: Pre-Alpha Reviews with Arawulf

Episode 3: Alpha Test, No Alpha test... Audio, No Audio

Episode 4: Combat Testing 1.0 Ending Soon

Episode 5: Valor goes Solo

Episode 6: Champions of Cosplay (Also known as the RoboDraegan Episode

Episode 7: November Q&A

Episode 8: #NoUpdate #Safespace Tuesday

Episode 9: #NoUpdate #Again #Really?

----------------------------------------------------
Social Links

Partnership Links

Edited by valor

I think training and skills will be very diverse and you will see some who might focus until the hardcap for a primary skill so that they can one shot people, however this will set the scrubs apart from the pros.  I think having too many skills can be just as problematic as not having enough, a clean streamlined skill set will be the really important aspect and how those skills are used tactically on the battlefield.  I for one would love to be surprised everytime I fight someone, because I believe adapting to ever changing enemies is what makes pvp fun.

Mytherceria, valor and JamesGoblin like this

I think training and skills will be very diverse and you will see some who might focus until the hardcap for a primary skill so that they can one shot people, however this will set the scrubs apart from the pros.  I think having too many skills can be just as problematic as not having enough, a clean streamlined skill set will be the really important aspect and how those skills are used tactically on the battlefield.  I for one would love to be surprised everytime I fight someone, because I believe adapting to ever changing enemies is what makes pvp fun.

I agree Drakiis that we will see a diversity in player progression that we haven't truly seen in years in any major MMO.

I think that what it will take the community some time to figure out is the best balance of skill progression and where running one skill all the way up to 175% stops being beneficial to getting all three skills up to 100%.

We also are talking about skills, but there's also stat placement and the progression that will come along there as well.

JamesGoblin and drakiis like this

I agree with Drakiis.  Over the years I have enjoyed the games where the classes and skills were not hard locked, and you had to study your opponent to know how to beat them.  It takes about 6 to 12 months to refine the end game PVP, generally, due to the fact that the 90 day wonder players/guilds skew community perception when the game is new. 

JamesGoblin and drakiis like this

You guys should do a community episode, or get community feedback, since most educated gamers are already well aware of the information that is being released, while your views and commentary are good, people can form their own opinions as well.  Take this not as a insult, just as some constructive criticism, as the roots of our chosen community are the seeds of awesome, just as much (if not more) as the game could be or will be.

JamesGoblin likes this

You guys should do a community episode, or get community feedback, since most educated gamers are already well aware of the information that is being released, while your views and commentary are good, people can form their own opinions as well.  Take this not as a insult, just as some constructive criticism, as the roots of our chosen community are the seeds of awesome, just as much (if not more) as the game could be or will be.

I don't understand your criticism. You don't want our views or commentary then what do you want in a show?

I think what he was trying to get at was that we should work on incorporating the community more in our livestreams as we start running out of "new content" to discuss.

Drakkiis, you'll be stuck with our opinions on this show regardless! ;)  But yes, we've some plans already in place for shaking things up some more so as to start covering some more of what is going on in the community as information about the game slows down.

drakiis and JamesGoblin like this

Maybe talk a little about trade caravans, m8 - it'll add so many different strategies in the campaigns. :)

Perhaps it sounds boring to guard a slow moving caravans after a harvest session, but when you see arrows in the distance and you're involved in an ambush - it's so exciting! 

It brings the medieval mmo genre to an unique level of details related to strategies in my opinion.

Castle sieges is also unique with voxel and destruction - so you can start digging below ground level -

it creates an exciting 'new' twist strategic wargame! 

I hope it's soon summer - so we can start testing Crowfall!  :D

Edited by Mythx
JamesGoblin likes this

There isn't any meat on the Caravan topic other than to sit there and say "wouldn't it be cool if...". A podcast with three nerds constantly saying "wouldn't it be cool if..." makes for a very boring show.

At this stage we can only take the design points we've heard the developers talk about and discuss how they effect player interactions within a gaming environment. Every else is a giant circle jerk.

JamesGoblin likes this

Maybe talk a little about trade caravans, m8 - it'll add so many different strategies in the campaigns. :)
Perhaps it sounds boring to guard a slow moving caravans after a harvest session, but when you see arrows in the distance and you're involved in an ambush - it's so exciting! 
It brings the medieval mmo genre to an unique level of details related to strategies in my opinion.

Castle sieges is also unique with voxel and destruction - so you can start digging below ground level -
it creates an exciting 'new' twist strategic wargame! 
I hope it's soon summer - so we can start testing Crowfall!  :D

These are some great topics that it would be cool to hear from ACE on, but yeah... as Draegan said, at this point we just don't have enough information on them to do much other than speculate, which many can only handle so much of.

mythx and JamesGoblin like this