LGAllastair

Ascendance - A Chapter of Legend Gaming [Age 17+]

959 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, LGAllastair said:

I loved the big reveal, giving us options is always a nice bonus, it is more standard for MMORPGs as well, to choose Race then Class. It does complicate the meta of combat a lot, and will make them have to create a lot more animations for weapons and spells than previously intended.

At this point I am just worried about timeline. They had promised a late 2017 release, but at this pace are we even gonna be in beta at the end of this year? I honestly don't see it, there is so much to be done I will be happy if this game even releases in 2018.

I hear ya.  I've been operating on an expectation of a Q1 2018 release as an optimistic expectation, personally. 

I hear ya.  I've been operating on an expectation of a Q1 2018 release as an optimistic expectation, personally. 

That makes me a sad panda, but I guess I would rather them delay the actual release then release to early with issues that could drive players away.

On 5/30/2017 at 0:19 PM, Diz said:

I, like many I'm sure, agree with Diz. A Q1` 2018 release, seems possible. I'm anxious to see what the game release will have in store. With so many disciplines on the horizon, its unlikely that the we'll be able to truly determine a meta until maybe a month before release. In either case, the developers have manged to release just enough new toys to keep us all in a daze. :lol: 

I'm excited about the new stuff revealed in that last Q&A.  I like how they're taking a no hurry (quality over quantity) approach to it all.  Makes me feel like it's going to be the real thing.  Wouldn't play it with anybody else but  my LG fam neither.

I think the team is being wise in changing how much communication they will be updating us with once the MMO playtest begins.

They need to focus on what will efficiently get the game to where they want in a good time frame and this will help.  We don't need

to know everything anyways haha.

Best kind of prize is a surprize! :D

xexeb likes this

With what looks like Alpha around the corner, I agree with @IDewGame , that they will likely reduce their communication with us testers. While I'm sadden in the weekly updates possibly going away, I'm also excited to be entering a new stage in the game's development. Obviously, they still have some major systems that need to be put in place. I do feel that the game is at a proper place for alpha to possibly begin in the next 2 months. 

I'm also anxious about next Sundays gaming session.:D

On 6/4/2017 at 9:11 AM, Garryth said:

I, like many I'm sure, agree with Diz. A Q1` 2018 release, seems possible. I'm anxious to see what the game release will have in store. With so many disciplines on the horizon, its unlikely that the we'll be able to truly determine a meta until maybe a month before release. In either case, the developers have manged to release just enough new toys to keep us all in a daze. :lol: 

I'm going to go with the slightly more unpopular opinion, and say that we're looking at June, 2018... :)

I look forward to this weekend event with the guild!  Will be good to get some in game time with each other and just chat.  Hopefully we can meet some other cool players while we test this weekend.

I enjoyed the news talking about the live server coming up soon. Even if we have no date for that, it is nice to hear their ideas, an dI am excited to be able to test 24/7 with a more polished environment.

The weekend is upon us and the activity day is here. See you all on Sunday!

It might be a while before we have a full game to play, but one thing that helps is having the LG community to be part of until then (and beyond). Being able to strategize and theory craft with like minded individuals makes the wait so much more pleasant.

Hopefully we can get another good testing weekend going soon. Aside from a few people getting to test out a few archetypes, I believe we did manage to test out a few of the disciplines as well. I'm anxiously awaiting the division of the race/archtypes, plus the addition of Stoneborn. With the 24/7 servers hopefully arriving soon, it might give us an opportunity to schedule events on other days as well.

I am sure it is lower on CF's list of things to do, but I hope the process of EK's and such gets cleaned up a bit.  Would be nice if we could get a guild EK going soon.  Right now it is almost impossible to place anything due to "too steep of slopes" except for small cottages or houses.  The forts are a pain at this point and you are very limited on how walls turn.

RikForFun likes this

On 6/4/2017 at 9:11 AM, Garryth said:

I think we are a a little further out and will predict Q2 2018, but who knows I'v been wrong before....many times actually :)

The notes on the first campaign test are out!

https://crowfall.com/en/news/first-campaign-ready-set-crow/

The forts seem a bit silly, but could be a blood bath fight for some.  I see the keeps being very handy and should be what organized guilds would want.  We will have to make sure we have a good fighting squad to protect collectors at the POIs in order to get good resources.  The removal of spirit banks is great as it makes it a game again.  The new map system seems legit. (Funny how they kept saying in the beginning that there wouldn't be a map..)

Now the only questions is...what Faction are we going to be?!