chet

A contemplation for all SB veterans

155 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, vandarr said:

Who?

Some of their players had both? :) I've seen neither from you in nearly 5k posts.

You realize the thread still exists, right? Like here.

After that, you declared "victory" and bailed on the conversation.

To which I asked:

and you responded with a bunch of "table of champions" garbage with no data elements to back up your claims.

By the way, I believe your pants are on fire.

I'm sorry but you've simply lost.  As it was explained before, shadowbane sold a ton of copies, after the free month of sub the service got hacked, the game was buggy and crashed constantly, and it lost most of its players.  Like I've said before, like is fact.  That's why it only had 50k subs later on, when it sold 200k copies.

You really should stop ignoring history in favor of a biased narrative you've created.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

5 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

You really should stop ignoring history in favor of a biased narrative you've created.

This may be the most ironic thing I've ever read on a shadowbane forum, and that is saying a lot.

chancellor likes this

21 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

I'm sorry but you've simply lost.  As it was explained before, shadowbane sold a ton of copies, after the free month of sub the service got hacked, the game was buggy and crashed constantly, and it lost most of its players.  Like I've said before, like is fact.  That's why it only had 50k subs later on, when it sold 200k copies.

It's funny how you judge a game you never played. You heard a few facts and you grossly exxagerate them to try proving that SB players here have no rights to tell their own story on how they experienced SB ? On how this game was absolutly amazing ? You better come up with something more solid than some weak psychological projections and tricks.

You're like someone who never went to Vietnam telling Vietnam veterans they are totally mistaken on how they experienced that war.

You're a virgin acting like Doctor Ruth.

You're empty.

Edited by Belantis
typo
armegeddon likes this

37 minutes ago, Belantis said:

It's funny how you judge a game you never played. You heard a few facts and you grossly exxagerate them to try proving that SB players here have no rights to tell their own story on how they experienced SB ? On how this game was absolutly amazing ? You better come up with something more solid than some weak psychological projections and tricks.

You're like someone who never went to Vietnam telling Vietnam veterans they are totally mistaken on how they experienced that war.

You're a virgin acting like Doctor Ruth.

You're empty.

Not only did I play, I dominated SB at its most competitive.  What's funny is seeing people that weren't even dominant at a game try to tell a dominant player how it actually was as they sit there attempting to distort facts and look back with rose-tinted goggles at a game that didn't function properly at all as a release product. 

But it's the same old point.  If SB was so amazing and the players that believe that were so talented at gaming, why weren't they able to find success in more competitive games?

People can tell their "stories" but their stories may not be objective.  It's not uncommon for people to try and glorify things they think they were good at.  In this case with SB though, most of these "veterans" came late to the SB party and don't realize there were much better players than them that left because the game was not great, for a multitude of reasons.  

It's honestly funny just seeing what a warped narrative people come up with when faced with the facts. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

3 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Not only did I play, I dominated SB at its most competitive.  What's funny is seeing people that weren't even dominant at a game try to tell a dominant player how it actually was as they sit there attempting to distort facts and look back with rose-tinted goggles at a game that didn't function properly at all as a release product. 

So you played SB for a few month, claimed to have won the game but actually got crushed and blaimed it on dupes and hacks. You sound like a sore loser to me.

Also, I have never seen you in CF, is there a pattern here?

armegeddon likes this

1 minute ago, Belantis said:

So you played SB for a few month, claimed to have won the game but actually got crushed and blaimed it on dupes and hacks. You sound like a sore loser to me.

Also, I have never seen you in CF, is there a pattern here?

Where exactly is the proof that I got "crushed and blamed dupes and hacks" ?  Oh there is none, it's just a warped narrative that you've come up with!  Ta-da

41 minutes ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Where exactly is the proof that I got "crushed and blamed dupes and hacks" ?  Oh there is none, it's just a warped narrative that you've come up with!  Ta-da

You hopped in and out SB... you left absolutly zero marks. You then hopped into DF in an uber alliance being the local jester.

I started playing in the EU beta of SB in an alliance that proved itself.

I played on Damnation EU until the death of the server in a small but competitive guild.

What are you trying to teach me about domination ? You should learn about perseverance, then maybe will you have shot at glory.

You have zero proof of your alleged skills.

armegeddon likes this

34 minutes ago, Belantis said:

You hopped in and out SB... you left absolutly zero marks. You then hopped into DF in an uber alliance being the local jester.

I started playing in the EU beta of SB in an alliance that proved itself.

I played on Damnation EU until the death of the server in a small but competitive guild.

What are you trying to teach me about domination ? You should learn about perseverance, then maybe will you have shot at glory.

You have zero proof of your alleged skills.

Again, my guild was undefeated in shadowbane, anyone that was anyone when the game was populated knew and feared us.

I've never been part of a DF uber alliance, again, this is another made up narrative by you.  You guys really need to learn to appreciate facts over conjuring up completely random lies. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

10 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Again, my guild was undefeated in shadowbane, anyone that was anyone when the game was populated knew and feared us.

I've never been part of a DF uber alliance, again, this is another made up narrative by you.  You guys really need to learn to appreciate facts over conjuring up completely random lies. 

I may not have much right to post on this thread but this guy seems believable.

20 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

But it's the same old point.  If SB was so amazing and the players that believe that were so talented at gaming, why weren't they able to find success in more competitive games?

People can tell their "stories" but their stories may not be objective.  It's not uncommon for people to try and glorify things they think they were good at.  In this case with SB though, most of these "veterans" came late to the SB party and don't realize there were much better players than them that left because the game was not great, for a multitude of reasons.  

It's honestly funny just seeing what a warped narrative people come up with when faced with the facts. 

To be frank, that you are unaware that the above non-bolded statements say more about you than the players you are attempting to trash tells me how poor a player you must have been. The best players are always seeking to improve their game - not stating they already know it all. In addition, that you use the term "I" and apply that to more than 50k players - having at best only played against maybe a tenth of that number further illustrates just how little you understand the mechanics of a game guild around guild/nation conflict. It wasn't Shadowduel- it was Shadowbane.

19 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

Again, my guild was undefeated in shadowbane, ... this is another made up narrative by yours truly.  You really need to learn to conjure up completely random lies over appreciating facts. 

Translated from Vikingnail to English. On another note, anyone who fears someone in a video game is not a top shelf player.

8 hours ago, VIKINGNAIL said:

I'm not sure defeating r30s after the best guild in the nation left is anything worth chronicling.

What guild was this? When did you leave? Where did you go once you were homeless (in game)?

9 hours ago, vandarr said:

To be frank, that you are unaware that the above non-bolded statements say more about you than the players you are attempting to trash tells me how poor a player you must have been. The best players are always seeking to improve their game - not stating they already know it all. In addition, that you use the term "I" and apply that to more than 50k players - having at best only played against maybe a tenth of that number further illustrates just how little you understand the mechanics of a game guild around guild/nation conflict. It wasn't Shadowduel- it was Shadowbane.

Translated from Vikingnail to English. On another note, anyone who fears someone in a video game is not a top shelf player.

What guild was this? When did you leave? Where did you go once you were homeless (in game)?

Oh look, again you've read the words, but misconstrued their meaning!  Go ahead and quote anything I've said that indicates best players stop trying to improve their game. 

On 6/23/2017 at 0:24 PM, chancellor said:

I may not have much right to post on this thread but this guy seems believable.

That is absolutely amazing! Well there goes the "Table of Champions" Lol!

Or... there's this link(see comments)

http://massivelyop.com/2015/11/21/the-game-archaeologist-shadowbane/

Or this synopsis from their forums (Shadowbane History)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/LOTD

It's funny, almost everywhere you look, .... same story... LAPD destroyed Rolling 30's as a nation... I guess it's why they left....Too low of a skill ceiling...LMMFAO.

chancellor likes this

1 hour ago, armegeddon said:

That is absolutely amazing! Well there goes the "Table of Champions" Lol!

Or... there's this link(see comments)

http://massivelyop.com/2015/11/21/the-game-archaeologist-shadowbane/

Or this synopsis from their forums (Shadowbane History)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/LOTD

It's funny, almost everywhere you look, .... same story... LAPD destroyed Rolling 30's as a nation... I guess it's why they left....Too low of a skill ceiling...LMMFAO.

Destroying a nation where most of the players have already quit and gone elsewhere to other servers and/or games means very little.  But people want the narrative that fits their bias more than the facts of what actually happened apparently.

I mean it's kind of interesting that people admit sb had stagnation problems, but no, that couldn't possibly have happened to r30s when they won the server in less than a month.  Everyone must have still been playing 24-7 for months straight on a stagnated server because that's the more likely narrative right?

Edited by VIKINGNAIL