Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Prologue Caldera as been an active part of Crowfall since early August 2015. “We are the attackers, causing mayhem and murder. We are the crafters you will spend your funds on. We are laying siege to your castle and crushing your attempts to take ours. We are the refuge and protection from The Hunger that is creeping in on us all. “ We are Caldera - Playing with Fire! Avocation – “What does it mean to be part of Caldera?” “Real Life First – Full Commitment when Available Improvement – Team – Success Equality amongst friends, respect towards enemies…” The only thing you really have to do is take care of your real life. To balance between gaming and the rest of your life is your call. When you do come online and play with us, we want you to be fully committed ~ To Play with Fire. Strive for improvement. we will never be perfect. That doesn't have to keep us from trying. Learn from successes and mistakes, from your allies, your enemies, and yourself. Always ask yourself "what would have been a better way to approach this situation?" Don't be afraid to receive feedback, and don't be afraid to give it. Play for the Team. We are not a pile of solo players. The team is our strength, our motivation, our family. Always try to do what is best for the team, and in the long run the team will do what's best for you. We share our time, knowledge, and ingame goods. Aspire for success. While there is sometimes room to “mess around”, when it matters, we always play to win, no matter the odds. People will depend on you. Always play to the best of your ability, use your best judgement, and trust in your allies to do the same. We are all equal gamers and humans, and we treat each other as such. Being an Officer means taking up a responsibility for the good of the guild, no less and no more. Every voice matters. This even includes our enemies: be respectful, in victory or defeat. No flaming, harassment, bug using or cheating. What do we offer our members – “It’s a package deal!” A fun and friendly environment to achieve common goals in. A flexible hours guild with a hardcore mentality when it comes to the important stuff. (Casually Hardcore). A massive amount of in game knowledge to be shared to empower our guild members. A common progressive attitude towards the game where all guild members are recognized for their contributions. Applying – “Still here? Perfect.” Upon reading this, if you feel that Caldera might be a place for you then all you need to do, is click below: APPLY NOW Still not persuaded? If you wish to learn more about our structure and how we do things, then just click below. Read More! Link to the original Caldera recruitment thread.
  3. Ancients dropped 5 different ones for us, so small increase, plus I am hoping they stack until you turn them into disc which will help with storage.
  4. https://crowfall.com/en-US/news/articles/trial_of_maeve they delivered, at least in words
  5. I am still getting that weird popup window somtimes in the top left corner, can't make a screenshot because it locks all key input as long as it's open, for like 10 seconds. It looks like some debug console, it's white with a blue border on top. Not a big gamechanger and only happend once in two hours but still, it's there.
  6. Today
  7. I think you would turn away a huge portion of the playerbase if you removed passives or made them restart with each campaign but everyone is here for different reasons and I think some style of fresh start campaign that has everyone rolling new vessels with a seperate passive tree from their main accounts would have huge appeal. The things that draw me to a game like Crowfall over Overwatch is: A. Open World PvP B. Mass Scale Combat My first thoughts of MMOs before I even realized they existed as a genre was while I was playing Age of Empires II back in the day and thinking "Wouldn't it be cool if there was a game where each individual unit was a player?" That drew me to MMOs and made me fall in love with the genre DESPITE the power disparities. Personally I'd love the game even more if I had the option to participate in full reset campaigns. Essentially it takes your "Here's your bonus for playing longer" which I don't need or care to have and turns it into another dimension of building up properly, with proper passive allocation being important to the progression of the campaign. That's exciting to me because it adds a new layer of strategy.
  8. I got the fire working by jumping in the center of it.
  9. The Trials of the Gods resume when the Trial of Maeve splashes down tomorrow. FULL STORY
  10. The spoils of war aren’t always about gold (though gold is generally a very good incentive). For many, securing a prestigious place in history is equally important. The history of Crowfall is your story. We want to help preserve it through War Stories. There are a number of ways to tell your story: through videos, gifs, screenshots and battle reports. You can then share them on Twitter (with the hashtags #crowfallgame and #warstories) or the Crowfall forums. Each Friday, we will be select the “War Story of the Week”, awarding 500 crowns to the creator. We look forward to reading your story soon!
  11. In no way should one brand new to the game be on equal footing with someone who has been playing it for months.... I mean if I want equal footing I will just go play Overwatch.... any game like this of course is going to have more developed players, to just think they are going to change it so the new guy can be just as good as the guy who has been playing for a year is just silly and well rather poor game design for an ongoing mmorpg like this one
  12. Honestly that sounds great to have a style of no importation campaigns that has a total passive reset. I think a lot of people would be 100% down for that. You'd probably want to just have those campaigns work off a different passive skillpool than the general account so you're not losing passive training for other campaigns by participating in them. I made a similar suggestion during the Kickstarter days and people threw a fit about it but like I told them back then, they have no obligation to take part in such campaigns.
  13. If you really want to force people to specialize, just give people a set amount of skill points to allocate at the beginning of each campaign, then wipe the skills at the end. That way any new-comer can be just as useful, and the advantage for long-time players will be the gear & mats they've accumulated & exported from specializing in different things in previous campaigns.
  14. Ranger Crossslash power now ticks only twice. Refill timer on trade chests seems to have been changed from 10m to 60m without any notice I'm seeing really weird effects on the ground (and on corpses laying on the ground) - they pop up during combat and never go away.
  15. The same thing seems to be happening when your character is rooted. It doesn't matter if you turn your camera to face your mob, the powers still fire off in the direction your character was originally facing.
  16. Thats what I was hoping killing r10 spiders now we will see I guess
  17. Longer progression will actually make it harder for a new player to get in and be viable in terms of power gap. Going by the EVE example. It's very possible for a new player to nearly master a single style of play in a very short amount of time, and fully master it given a moderate time investment. The thing is variety. What a moderately experienced player can have is total mastery of their role while the veteran has total mastery of multiple roles. So a really complex skill tree that you can rush to the end very quickly is a major benefit to the incoming player. The thing that .25 progression with 2 trees would benefit is it means: A. Single accounters do not need to make a choice between combat skills and gathering skills making them more viable vs. multi-account players. B. There will be a longer period of time between game launch and the point that, if they haven't added new skills, you will have veterans who will have literally maxed every single skill in the game. It hasn't even been half a year since the last skill wipe (I think) and we have people posting screenshots of their entirely maxed out upper tier trees such as mining. Heck, my fiance's account is nearly maxed efficiency in Runecrafting and she joined during the trial of Valkyn. For me that raises some serious concerns that day 1 players will have way too many trees maxed at year 2 or 3 even with a XP or .5. So that's why I'd support a .25. Probably the ideal solution in my mind though would be 1x with 2 trees and far more paths to train down. Make the chests found in the world have locks that need to be picked. Add fishing with when we get water. Flesh out construction more and add agriculture. Create more weapon options for each class and have trees in combat dedicated to each weapon + shields etc. Remove leadership from gathering and make it it's own path. If they can do things like that with great enough frequency post-launch then then 1x w/2 trees should be fine.
  18. Assuming it's the same as 5.8.6, it was any R6 animal, but very rare from non-ancients. During a couple of hours of farming normal R10 spiders, we would usually see 1 or 2 majors. If drop rates are unchanged, roughly double that drop rate to account for no day/night cycle.
  19. That's wonderful that Crusader made this video, good job... What are you guys working on though? When are the gods trials campaigns releasing? Is the infinite load screen bugs fixed? Awaiting actual news.
  20. Since 5.90 Assassin' Spirit Dart and Backstab from stealth seem to be targeted by the avatar's facing rather than the camera/reticle. While in stealth the camera is not locked to the avatar's facing, like survival mode. If you are moving left to right behind the target when you begin your attack, the attack will miss. The avatar needs to be facing the target. I would guess that Ambush and Cheap Shot have the same problem.
  21. Hi just a question on the new soul gem drops, do they only drop off only the ancient mobs? or are they on any r6 and up npc?
  22. Mino immunity to cc from the front (unless they changed it) push back with headbutt . bonus Dex .. That just my opinion though
  23. I have had problems with the sacrifice cauldron since 5.90, but each time I've been able to get it working by moving to a new spot.
  24. I don't know were the current road will lead us but if you throw in some skills into combat trees that make farming NPC's more viable then a full combat character could be a viable asset too. I do have my crafting vessels and i tend to agree that 0.25 would be a better option to 1 skilltree, if it helps lessen the power gap.
  25. The thing with dual learning is that it makes single accounting viable. A character with combat + gathering is a fully competent player. They can fight at sieges/fort fights, they can also gather for their guild during downtime between large fights. If they are hooked into a good guild they don't need crafting alts to be a big contributor to their group. The only players who can get by with full combat will be dedicated gankers / wartribe farmers. But if nearly everyone with a single account is full specced combat then there will be much greater supply of players looking to play those roles than there is demand for those roles. And that's my counter to "Multi-accounting = Pay to Win". Multi-accounting = Pay to work your butt off for the guild and spend your every waking moment making gear on various characters in addition to having a combat/gathering main. It's not for the casual player even if those accounts were free. Single accounting = Do your chosen combat/gathering role very well as you have time to focus on your single character with only 2 roles. If we think dual learning makes things too fast for a .5 progression rate as you suggested (and I tend to agree with unless they really expand the skill tree pre-launch) then go .25 progression. But keep the dual tracks in there.
  26. As a skinner, I've gone for +crit chance on gear and ignored beneficial on gear. It should still be trained, but it's not the panacea it was. 1. The run speed boost, I'm not going anywhere. 2. Stam boost, with the Nerf to bene power this is not nearly as significant. It was Energizer bunny mode when chance & power were both > 100%, now it's kind of meh. I took Hoarder over Villein & just make more tools. 3. Crit chance. I'll take a 10% boost full time over a 20% boost 1/3rd of the time. Skinners run one of 3 ways: We get one animal and skin it, rinse & repeat. Beneficial harvest has no benefit in this scenario. We kill 2-3 animals, and skin them. Repeat. If bene happens to proc on the 1st or the 2nd of 3, the crit chance applies to the rest. On the last, it's of no benefit. We have a kill team lining up piles of corpses. Bene procs are nice here for the crit, but only applies to very specific mob spawns; canyon spiders and some dog/cat spawns.
  1. Load more activity