Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. If you are still stuck, send email to support@crowfall.com - they will know the common issues and workarounds.
  3. improve respawn system! current system is zerg based and also based on unwanted fort capturing windows. I wanna suggest 2 ways to fix it. core ideas: 1) death shroud + new respawn mechanic are interchangeable and incompatible atm 2) increased timers on new death if you have any kind of closest to you death place temples makes you able to back to the battle almost immediately. 3) death shroud unpersistent to be viable 1-th way: 1) remove death shroud 2) make respawn cooldown depend on distance and amount of respawn points. https://imgur.com/XxgYnuU if you have keep and fort in the zone and you get killed inside the keep, you can chose - wait here and be safe or travel to closest temple and respawn there but faster. numbers can be adjusted. 3) keep grave on the map until next death. this way ppl think where they want to respawn 2-th way: 1) keep death shroud. but make it persistent already (unable to remove via teleport/gate jump or relog) 2) keep current system but increase also death shroud timer on death. like on the 1-th way: a) respawn on the grave immediately +5m to death shroud b) respawn X parcels from grave minus X*30second to death shroud this way ppl also think about place they want to respawn.
  4. Today
  5. if those communities came ultimately whoever survives would be the best cupper, unless someone thinks they can pull some god tier strategies off and win which would be possible given their lack of knowledge in the beginning, but no kingdom lasts forever no matter how large, EVE is a good example that even the invincible have an Achilles heel somewhere, sometimes you just need a friend on the inside
  6. Hell, just give the single dust we get now the normal chance to roll a chaos ember.
  7. Yeah K:D ratio seems like a win condition that will only last one trial. Way too easy to game that one. 20 kills 0 deaths would beat out 199 kills 10 deaths. I imagine a lot of your top K/D winners may end up being alts that get fed. Something like kills minus deaths would probably be a much better measure. Or if you want to go super fancy (Kills - Deaths) x (Kills/[Kills+Deaths]). In simple terms it is the difference in kills and deaths times the percentage of your K/D that's kills. Netting to 20/0 a total of 20 points, while 199 to 10 would get 179.96 points and someone with more deaths than kills would get a negative score. It rewards people with a high KD ratio but also rewards people who made a hell of a lot of kills more than people with higher KD ratios but far less kills. For simplicity's sake you could call it "Lethality Rating" Either way though, with captures being a victory condition I'm not too concerned as a character that goes after assists over kills. Looks like caps will be what I'm after this trial.
  8. Boi! Am I ready for this game!

9. To be fair I've been active enough in the last 3 trials to get a gold from each and I don't know who you are if @Armegeddon is your main. APE seems to give a lot of thoughtful input from what I've seen of his posts.
  10. Elementalist is a discipline that completely negates the damage type for close to half of all the players. There are disciplines which are structured as hard counters . Mudman, Militant Mage, and Scarecrow function in a similar way to Elementalist but are isolated to very specific types of damage. Most classes can change weapons or have options for damage that are not elemental. Clerics and Confessors have no other options so this further exacerbates the issue. If any ability does fire damage then you can not change it to do non-elemental. Most classes have at least some options or paths to change their damage type. This is not a Meta issue because it affects three different types of damage.I am a heal/tank Cleric but I feel bad for anyone who plays a DPS Cleric or Confessor. Please split this Discipline or remove it.
  11. Block is very clunky right now. It has a hidden CD after it is used. If you block within about 1.5 seconds of releasing the block key, your character will take a block stance but not actually be blocking.
  12. Block is very clunky right now. It has a hidden CD after it is used. If you block within about 1.5 seconds of releasing the block key, your character will take a block stance but not actually be blocking.
  13. To a good extent, you are right. But, don't mind this little fishbowl. There are gaming communities out there that could bring more people alone than we have playing collectively amongst the entire population... then i guess it doesn't give a damned who you piss off. Right now, emulated games have higher pops. If this is the way it stays, then we will all looking for another game. If it doesn't, and pop does come... a lot of people wil be changing their mindset.
  14. I see you post.. but I have never seen you in game. At least on this account. I would suggest you spend time to train...get dust or embers, craft (I have 7 accounts) Yes... factories, sounds great! who is going to farm all the resources. Who is going to have the skills? What happens when your city is ripped down when you have no stations to craft with? The point I was making was, in a two hour seige, if you are outnumbered, all of your gear, the time to craft, the time to gather, can all be undone, months of playing by dozens of people, on an equal playing field.... not to menttion if you are outnumbered two to one..I don't se how people do not see this coming.. never played shadowbane.. let me fill you in.. I will gather a force, through alliance or sheer number, I will dominate the resource spwwns, I've got a three hundred man roster (imagine when Winterblades and House Avari were dominating things). If I call in I can get 150 on in a night... easy. I get geared faster, I start tearing down cities. An alliance forms. I ally people (easy, everyone jumps in on the winner). I'm better because ive got more resources and numbers. You have two choices at this point. Cede your city to me or come out time and time again until no one in you guild has any gear left, and then you are broke and I get everything anyway. Tomorrow, I take your other city, or your allies city, and stockpile gear...factories won't solve that poorly made socks. People will stop logging, and I'll just take more....snowball... Uncle Bob. That is what will happen. Full loot doesn't help "small leet PvP groups", because the minute you do that, I'll show up with 300 and rip down what has taken you weeks or months to build, take anyone's gear that is foolish enough to face my numbers, and make you homeless just for the simple fact that you rolled my farming groups.... I've seen it happen in games.. Factories will help ZERGS btw, how could it not? Think about it... So, when your guild has no guild city left, and all your gear is looted out by a three hundred person horde, your player base is demoralized facing hours upon hours of regrinding mats in the current format (that is not going away, that is Blairs design), tell me how you will get the troops to not uninstall...? You wont. Again, I warned you(full loot)
  15. Sad but true. Training speeds/potential, resource amounts, crafting requirements, etc can all be dialed in. Remember blueprints or whatever mass production system is supposed to exist at some point. Unless this is supposed to be click and forget to make 1 sword a day or something, I hope it actually allows players to stock pile resources and craft a good number of XYZ relatively easily. As is it wouldn't work but there are tweaks they could make to at least make full loot a potential campaign type for those that want to give it a try. Full game, probably not going to ever work. This design is solely lacking in this area.
  16. 1) Yes please. Give us something to do beyond standing in circles, ganking those doing PVE, and timed blow a hole in a wall to kill a tree siege. A map that had choke points, travel route difference/benefits, hard to reach strongholds, land control, buffs for POI ownership, guard placement, capture XYZ to be able to capture/siege ABC, etc. None of this is new or out of place in something like Crowfall. If they had all of that, I'd accept stand in a circle to get points system for winning (maybe). There are lots of possible win conditions and resulting rewards to try. From simple, capture X POIs and hold them for Y time. To complex requirements of completing a list of time sensitive, multi-step, map wide, multi-organized guild/alliance objectives. I'd rather have a jammed packed action adventure over a week days or week instead of weeks/months of doing the same repetitive activities that likely the outcomes will be known early on (hello current model). 2) I don't see combat changing drastically unfortunately. Would of really liked melee needing to use positional attacks, ranged being physics based, physics in general, combos being fully realized for all classes and a lot more powers. The current design is zerg/melee ball friendly. Some form of anti-zerg mechanic would be welcomed. Be it some form of friendly fire or limited/diminishing returns on a target or more precise targeting with friendlies blocking damage if not being hit themselves. 3) Would be interesting to see a cap on how much training could be accessed in a campaign. Ex: 1 year in someone might have XYZ fully trained but they could only access X fully during the current campaign or they could access 50% of X and 50% of Y. Which would possibly bring some balance to new/old/alt accounts. If Tomes or catch up mechanics actually caught someone up in a line, this would even the field. Still would reward alt accounts and guilds having enough of all the necessary harvesters/crafters. If specializing and dependence are a big deal, keep it that way. Find it rather funny that they put so much value on this yet time removes the value. Of course this is a "future dev" concern but seems avoidable. Would also like alternative campaigns that allow everyone X points to spend for training at the start and regular training isn't available. This would really remove any difference between accounts being new/old and require players/guilds to pre-select what they will do prior to the campaign. That is risk/reward/strategy/logistics insert whatever sounds cool. Toss in stricter guild limits, no alliances, the less you bring in (item value) the more potential export/winnings, etc. Everything above could apply to Factions as well. My fear is Dregs will be Faction rules we have plus claim/build strongholds and POIs for a guild instead of the Faction. Would be a real bummer and no go for me.
  17. Encountered the same bug and fixed it the same way. Loading into GR then back into the campaign. A guildy logged on and encountered the same bug too. @Pann @jtoddcoleman Please make sure you guys account for this when selecting importation rules for the trial of Maeve if it isn't fixed by then. We may need to go to GR and back quite frequently if the bug persists. On the upside I have yet to encounter the loading zone bug so if you guys were trying to fix that I think you did.
  18. Not currently. Gave an "advantage" with passive training that they removed due to training changes and likely not wanting to be seen as P2W. Beyond that not sure what they have planned that won't provide an advantage over those not paying. Well as in perfect is likely not going to happen anytime soon. Several games have handled it well enough though. DAoC, GW2, ESO, BDO all did it decently well all things considered for the time/tech being used. Camelot Unchained hopefully pulls it off a bit better then others as they've spent so much time on the engine specifically for this. As is though, Crowfall doesn't seem to be meant for anything beyond 50v50 with how combat and siege function. Would of liked to see larger experiences, but seems they want a less then large throne war. It is better but not a huge difference IMO. Still have the fall back of "pre-alpha" so they have time to continue improving.
  19. Taking gold off the creatures did create a balance issue with Skinning (killing mobs takes time and gear durability vs node harvesting) so something needs to be adjusted to make up for that. Either some other type of drops or more leather output.
  20. I'm a fan of full loot if the systems are balanced to support it (easy acquisition of gear). Mainly I like it because it creates a much better risk vs reward setup for competitive pvp MMOs. In CF if you have Legendary gear, you have no more risk than someone in whites - and you are more likely to win fights. That type of gear progression works ok for pve themeparks, but I feel it ultimately hurts player-base growth in pvp because veterans can use that advantage to crush noobs out of the game. Ultima Online fans might remember that there were Vanquishing Weapons in the game (rare and overpowered) but they weren't often used because you risked it being looted if you died. When "bless deeds" were added that let you protect an item from looting, it messed up that risk vs reward self-balancing mechanic. If there isn't full loot, flattened power curve is even more critical to get right. ----- I'd be interested to try a Dregs with only group immunity (group of 5 is green, everyone else is red). When we tested it early on, it did work for combat but it would be much more challenging in terms of organization and teamwork for guilds - doubt it would be as popular as more zergy rulesets.
  21. Getting black screens sometimes when loading into game One more edit that closing game and reopening didnt fix problem. Another member in my guild had same problem he waited and it fixed itself went on another char that was loaded into god reach. camped and came back and it was fixed
  22. Yesterday
  23. morrendo para as aranhas iniciais kkkkkkkkkkkk
  24. Es ist soweit – die Prüfung von Maeve steht kurz bevor! Hier findet ihr alle wichtigen Infos zur Kampagne: Start: Donnerstag, 23. Mai um 16:00 Uhr (EU) | 23:00 Uhr (NA) Ende: Dienstag, 11. Juni um 22:00 Uhr (EU) | Mittwoch, 12. Juni um 05:00 Uhr (NA) Vor Start der Kampagne wird es weder einen Wipe noch einen Reset geben Importe sind erlaubt Gewinnkonditionen Goldenes Abzeichen von Maeve Erstplatzierte Fraktion: Top 25% der Spieler bei Eroberungspunkten und bei der K/D-Rate (Verhältnis von Kills und Toden) Zweitplatzierte Fraktion: Top 15% der Spieler bei Eroberungspunkten und bei der K/D-Rate Drittplatzierte Fraktion: Top 5% der Spieler bei Eroberungspunkten und bei der K/D-Rate Hinweis: Die Erfolge bei Eroberungen und der Score bei Kills im Verhältnis zu erlittenen Toden werden zusammengezählt. Ihr solltet also in beiden Kategorien gut abschneiden, um eine höhere Chance auf das goldene Abzeichen zu haben. Silbernes Abzeichen von Maeve Alle Spieler, die an der Kampagne teilnehmen und auf der Rangliste auftauchen. Hierzu müsst ihr während der Kampagne einen anderen Spieler töten, von einem anderen Spieler getötet werden, oder Handwerksgegenstände herstellen, die grundsätzlich zur Opferung verwendet werden können. *Alle Abzeichen – unabhängig davon, ob sie golden oder silbern sind – gewähren eurem Charakter einen Rüstungsbonus von 2% gegen Elementarschaden (Feuer, Eis, Elektrizität).
  25. ultimately full loot would fail because it takes too long with 1x to craft, and along with painful harvesting for leather and the reduced drops we recently got along with high mat, dust, and ember costs no one not even the rich players would ever risk a decent set of gear
  26. some would say the ability to not piss off everyone else on the server is more important then your own numbers or skill, some guilds seem to have forgotten they only exist because the faction ruleset prevents eradication
  1. Load more activity